Import/Tuner Car Dealers in the Area? [Archive] - Supraforums.com

: Import/Tuner Car Dealers in the Area?

DFHanna
04-02-2006, 09:58 PM
What's up people....

Here's my dilema.... I was approved by CapitalOne for a Person to Dealer loan...
And I really don't want to deal with the hassle of a Person to Person loan... went through hell previously and deal never happened.... (no one can trust each other these days) :rolleyes:

However most of the vehicles I would like to buy are from private owners...
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any dealers around the area that specialize in performance cars in the Tri-state area...? Would like a supra, but I know that will be hard to come by....

Thanks
David

grnstreak
04-02-2006, 10:14 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/index.jsp?dealership_view_name=www.carnusupercars.com&car_id=193164187&dealer_id=1360451

I see a nice car there every once in a while. Good luck with the search.

APengineering
04-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Here are a few places that you can check. They frequently have supra and other sports cars for sale.

http://www.dennydotson.com/

www.turbo-toys.com

Boostin88T
04-02-2006, 10:54 PM
What kind of cars do you want?

DFHanna
04-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Anything that's Turbo charged and from 93-99... the one and only exception would be a supra.

(mr2, rx7, MKIV, GSX, GST)

DFHanna
04-03-2006, 08:45 AM
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/index.jsp?dealership_view_name=www.carnusupercars.com&car_id=193164187&dealer_id=1360451

Yeah.... These guys were as close as I could get to a Import/Tuner Dealership....
Not bad!

DFHanna
04-03-2006, 10:13 AM
jeez.... Are there really no dealers in the area? There's a Business Opportunity If I ever saw one!

92Turbo
04-03-2006, 01:36 PM

They have some nice looking cars there, but none that I would buy. The same group owns two lots..car nu and performance store...they sell garbage, almost all of the cars there have been beat on or wrecked previously. If you look at anything from there take it to a shop and get it seriously checked out.

DFHanna
04-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the Advice... Yeah I definitly would have these checked out...
I believe most cars that have been "upgraded" most likely have been beatin just a little :)

Boostin88T
04-03-2006, 03:27 PM
How about a R32 Skyline or something from Japan? If you are interested, PM me with your number and I'll give you a call.

DFHanna
04-03-2006, 05:57 PM
How about a R32 Skyline or something from Japan? If you are interested, PM me with your number and I'll give you a call.

PM Sent... I'm interested, however I don't believe I have Pockets as deep as that

Smokinsupra95
04-03-2006, 06:41 PM
www.carnusupercars.com tends to have some nice cars...supras every once and a while but a little pricey

93BlueTurbo
04-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Here are a few places that you can check. They frequently have supra and other sports cars for sale.

http://www.dennydotson.com/

www.turbo-toys.com

Notice how all of the links of places that sell tuner/turbo cars have a supra in the logo?? ...but none of them have supras..

Just made me chuckle a bit :)

DFHanna
04-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Notice how all of the links of places that sell tuner/turbo cars have a supra in the logo?? ...but none of them have supras..

Just made me chuckle a bit :)

Couldn't agree with you more!

DFHanna
04-04-2006, 11:19 AM

Sent you another PM... do you have a website?

michaelrc51
04-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Do a search about Car nu, heard a lot of bad things about them.

DFHanna
04-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Do a search about Car nu, heard a lot of bad things about them.

Just curious... what did you hear? I was going to head on over there...

93HRDTOPTT
04-04-2006, 07:09 PM
how much are you looking to spend? No one asked you that yet.

michaelrc51
04-04-2006, 08:18 PM
search, there have been plenty of posts about these guys in the last few years, I don't remember any specifics. Just be careful about buying a car there and make sure you carfax any that you are seriously thinking about know matter who you are buying it from.

Smokinsupra95
04-04-2006, 09:19 PM
yea i heard shady shit too...but as mentioned just cover your ass!

92Turbo
04-04-2006, 09:37 PM
I know for a fact that car nu gets a case of no smoke every week...My buddy delivers for a local parts store. Also another local guy bought a 99 GST from there with 50k miles...it seemed to be in good condition, but ended up needing about 5k worth of work in next two months. Finally the owner races the cars that he sells at Atco Raceway all the time...And he beats the piss out of them.

DFHanna
04-04-2006, 09:47 PM
wow... that's rediculous... I'm going to stay clear of them then...

A realistic price range is under 15K... If its a supra I will go to 18K... Obvioulsy not Turbo... Trying to feed the habit with out breaking the bank.... I'm sure many here can relate....

DTSupra30
04-04-2006, 09:56 PM
haha buy mine for 20k!!!! lol fresh motor! But seriously good luck in your search I can only hope you find a supra, ill keep my eye out for you. And keep that performance car dealer shit on the downlow thats my idea for when I get out of college LOL. But again if theres anything I can do to help let me know. Sometimes I wish I would of sold mine to you.

Matt

DFHanna
04-05-2006, 09:15 AM
haha buy mine for 20k!!!! lol fresh motor! But seriously good luck in your search I can only hope you find a supra, ill keep my eye out for you. And keep that performance car dealer shit on the downlow thats my idea for when I get out of college LOL. But again if theres anything I can do to help let me know. Sometimes I wish I would of sold mine to you.

Matt

haha... I wish I did bro... I'll find something hopefully soon! Thanks for the help... And if you need a partnership for your venture... don't hesitate to call... I know my brother-in-law and I would invest in it as well!!

This search is driving me crazy! There are really no dealers that specialize in this
I don't think i'm going to go to CarNu (the performance shop)
I've heard enough from you guys to never want to go there (unless they had a supra pop out of no where)! :)

David

DTSupra30
04-05-2006, 02:34 PM
haha... I wish I did bro... I'll find something hopefully soon! Thanks for the help... And if you need a partnership for your venture... don't hesitate to call... I know my brother-in-law and I would invest in it as well!!

This search is driving me crazy! There are really no dealers that specialize in this
I don't think i'm going to go to CarNu (the performance shop)
I've heard enough from you guys to never want to go there (unless they had a supra pop out of no where)! :)

David

aite Ill make sure to give you a call when I start getting shit together! hit me up on aim sometime

Matt

DFHanna
04-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Located a nice Stock Eclipse GSX.... Supra might have to wait for a while....
We'll see :rolleyes:

AlyssaC
04-17-2006, 07:04 PM
I know there's some dealership in NJ...on the way to Atco that ONLY deals with supercars. Well...like Supras, RX7's, anything turbo or supercharged. We also have a place around my way that deals with cars that are capable of being hooked up if they aren't already. You can see them on the web at http://www.justcruisininc.com/ For example, they have a 97 Talon TSi, 87 300ZX, 00 Subaru Impreza, Toyota Celicas, MR2's, VW GTi's etc. And some of them you can view free CarFax Reports on.

DFHanna
04-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Awesome... Thanks Alyssa... I hope to find a supra... but will settle for something else