speed limit defencer [Archive] - Supraforums.com

: speed limit defencer

drift4u
03-28-2007, 07:11 AM
hey everybody. i just ordered a speed limit defencer for my mkiv tt supra, cause doesnt go more then 112 mph and i got the part but it says all in japanese and i cant read it . does anyone here know how to get the english manual installation or anyone know how to install one. thank you

97Tdawg
03-28-2007, 07:13 AM
speed limit defencer????? Never heard of one. Your car wont go any faster than 112 mph?? Thats not normal. All you need to do is pull the trac fuse out and it will eliminate the speed limiter.

SupraGodTT
03-28-2007, 07:15 AM
mkiv.com

97TT6SP
03-28-2007, 09:07 AM
I agree with 97Tdawg. What happens at 112mph? I believe the speed limiter is set to 159mph. At least this is the top speed listed in all the old car mag's when the supra first came out. I've also read 147mph somewhere. Either way, achieving speeds beyond 112mph should not be a problem.

If you want to remove the speed limiter, pull the TRAC fuse. This will also remove the traction control which I find to be extremely irritating. However, if you have an auto, this will shorten the life of your trans. I'm not sure what the auto guys do about this...

87toysupratt
03-28-2007, 11:11 AM
you must be using the jspec ecu. I'm using an aristo ecu and I have this same 180kph speed limit. Heres some info I got from mkivsupra.net which is for a manual:
Yellow - Speed sensor wire to ECU
White - Speed Sensor wire to loom
Black - Earth
Red - 12V ignition feed

However it appears that there are different versions for different cars, autos have a 16 wire version but I can't find the info on the wiring. You may want to search there as they know more about these ecus than most the people here would.

Connvict
03-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Can you post up where you got this so we can all see where to order? My car is a J-spec, and I have been looking at what I need to do to get rid of this speed limiter problem.
Thanks!

cwtt
03-28-2007, 11:40 AM
His car must be Jap spec which has the speed limiter around 112mph.

87toysupratt
03-28-2007, 11:56 AM
I found the wiring for the hks sld t6 which is for the auto gear box http://supras-ireland.net/files/HKS_SLD_T6.pdf

drift4u
03-28-2007, 08:13 PM
thank you guys. well my car is auto and its tt. so is it safe to take the trac fuse out, i mean but i already have the part for it but dont how to put it in

Zumtizzle
03-28-2007, 08:20 PM
I think you'd have better luck in the MKIII Section under the 1JZ/2JZ section they have installed this part before and know about it. :)

All i remember is you cut yellow wire on ecu or Pink on 1JZ's and J Spec Ecu and install the device in between.

SupraHKSx
03-28-2007, 08:32 PM
you must be using the jspec ecu. I'm using an aristo ecu and I have this same 180kph speed limit. Heres some info I got from mkivsupra.net which is for a manual:
Yellow - Speed sensor wire to ECU
White - Speed Sensor wire to loom
Black - Earth
Red - 12V ignition feed

However it appears that there are different versions for different cars, autos have a 16 wire version but I can't find the info on the wiring. You may want to search there as they know more about these ecus than most the people here would.

Where does the yellow and white go on the ECU? Is it Yellow to pin #2 (E10)? where would the white wire connect to?

edit: 2JZ jspec ecu

drift4u
03-28-2007, 08:41 PM
well this guy who swapped the engine for me to a tt, he told me that he will install it for me but he dont have much time to do it. i want that to be fixed so bad.

87toysupratt
03-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Where does the yellow and white go on the ECU? Is it Yellow to pin #2 (E10)? where would the white wire connect to?

you cut the wire pin 2 on e10 like you said and solder the end from pin 2 to the yellow wire and the other end of the wire you cut connects to the white wire. However theres more wiring if you're an auto especially if you have traction control.

SupraTico
03-28-2007, 11:10 PM
I was going to jump in and say it was a Jspec ECU but like 18 people beat me to it. I learned about this back in Nov. when we tried to dyno my bro in law's SC300 w/ 1j on our way back down from buying it.. Good luck! It must be annoying, 112 is piss slow!!

sneaky sneaky!

bodilx6
03-29-2007, 02:31 AM
Dude, check this:
http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/techo.htm#SPEED_LIMITER

ChizWizz47
03-29-2007, 03:49 AM
I agree with 97Tdawg. What happens at 112mph? I believe the speed limiter is set to 159mph. At least this is the top speed listed in all the old car mag's when the supra first came out. I've also read 147mph somewhere. Either way, achieving speeds beyond 112mph should not be a problem.

If you want to remove the speed limiter, pull the TRAC fuse. This will also remove the traction control which I find to be extremely irritating. However, if you have an auto, this will shorten the life of your trans. I'm not sure what the auto guys do about this...
Uh I was wonderin that myself!! I know installing an upgraded transmission cooler helps extend the lifespan of the tranny (obviously), but what else can be done to keep my gears healthy? I mean, I wouldn't be doin this all the time, but it would be nice to enjoy that 150+mph sprint every now an then! To my knowledge, there isn't a speed cut defenser for the autos, only the manuals! Any help guys...? :dunno:

87toysupratt
03-29-2007, 09:34 AM
To my knowledge, there isn't a speed cut defenser for the autos, only the manuals! Any help guys...? :dunno:
The auto version does exist, they use them in the UK and Japan.
HKS has a type I for manuals and a type II for the autos. The autos needed another version b/c with the type I version the auto tranny wouldn't know when to shift/kick down properly so it requires wiring to the solinoid #2 and the wheel sensors on the traction control. If you have no traction control than you have an easy wiring job, just 6 wires total instead of 16.

SupraHKSx
03-29-2007, 01:04 PM
I have the greddy unit, and thats all they offer...no different type for auto or whatever. So I guess it works with both trannies?

begone
03-29-2007, 01:11 PM
I have the Greddy SCC on my J-spec ECU. Works great - hitting 150 with ease now. But I don't have the instructions anymore - I have them to the guy that installed it. But I did find it on MKIV or someone on this forum....but search is down. Later.

ChizWizz47
03-29-2007, 07:01 PM
The auto version does exist, they use them in the UK and Japan.
HKS has a type I for manuals and a type II for the autos. The autos needed another version b/c with the type I version the auto tranny wouldn't know when to shift/kick down properly so it requires wiring to the solinoid #2 and the wheel sensors on the traction control. If you have no traction control than you have an easy wiring job, just 6 wires total instead of 16.
Yikes- sounds involving! How much of a hassle is it overall?

drift4u
03-29-2007, 08:15 PM
the engine that is in the supra i have... is from an aresto and the ecu is brand new but its an american ecu so thats why it wont let me go more then 112mph. so is there anyway i can get the manual installation for the sld type 2 cause mine is an auto. thanks guys

Dan 16s
03-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Where can I find the Greddy Speed limiter wiring for Supra?
Thks

87toysupratt
03-30-2007, 04:14 PM
the engine that is in the supra i have... is from an aresto and the ecu is brand new but its an american ecu so thats why it wont let me go more then 112mph. so is there anyway i can get the manual installation for the sld type 2 cause mine is an auto. thanks guys

I already gave a link to the instructions for the type 2 but here it is again http://supras-ireland.net/files/HKS_SLD_T6.pdf

drift4u
03-31-2007, 03:55 PM
I already gave a link to the instructions for the type 2 but here it is again http://supras-ireland.net/files/HKS_SLD_T6.pdf

thank you u very much i will let you guys know what happens after i install it