Supra Forums banner

head lights

862 views 7 replies 1 participant last post by  Iceman_19 
G
#1 ·
last night i was trying to install my stereo. i finally gave up and went out somewhere. i turned on my head lights, and lo and behold, they didnt pop up. the lights work, but they arent going up. i manually put them up, but that is not how i want them to stay. any ideas on what to do or check? thanks.

#2 ·
Iceman_19 said:
last night i was trying to install my stereo. i finally gave up and went out somewhere. i turned on my head lights, and lo and behold, they didnt pop up. the lights work, but they arent going up. i manually put them up, but that is not how i want them to stay. any ideas on what to do or check? thanks.
You checked all your fuses and shit correct? IIRC there is also an inline fuse to the lights that is connected to the battery.

At least my 85 Celica has it, so I don't see it as being the different on the Supra

G
#3 ·
Iceman_19 said:
Its probably the headlight door relay. Check the fuses and then the relay for the retracting headlights. Its going to be one of those.

Let us know what you find.

G
#5 ·
Man you have to get a Haynes manual for your car, and pronto! You cant get around it.. you HAVE to get one. Get it tomorrow. Get the money by skipping a few meals if you have to, but GET ONE!! Dont make me create a 'take up a collection' thread..

:)

G
#6 ·
lol, i have one, and i HATE IT. it made me pull out the roof cover for taking out the sport roof! morons. but how do i check the relay? what do i do with it? i know where it is and all.

G
#7 ·
I think the relay is one of those things where you eliminate other possibilities like simple fuses and then just replace the relay. I dont think they are too expensive. I'm sure they can be checked using a volt/ohm meter, but I am a total nincompoop about using those things. I even have one (!) but using it requires directions right out of Sesame Street.

Sorry I couldnt help more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.