Supra Forums banner

ajustable shocks & struts?

888 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jdk_ii 
G
#1 ·
i'm looking for ajustable shocks and struts for my 2nd gen. supra. any one of a place to buy any? and also where can i get a stronger fork & slave cylinder for it to. i broke my fork with my new clutch i put in it, and it's to stiff to push down, feels like a brake pedal. the clutch is a stage 2 RPS.

#3 ·
Adjustable, like coilovers or adjustable shocks? Coilovers for the front are available from Ground Control. They require cutting the strut tube and welding the collar in. So they really aren't a direct drop in. In the rear no coilovers are available, but they could be done if you design your own. As far as adjustable shocks, Tokico Illumina were adjustable easily, but are no longer available. You can get Koni shocks from Classic Car Garage that are also adjustable. But they need to be removed to collapsed the shock to adjust. You might be able to get Koni to custom make you some external adjustable shocks for the right $$$$.

As far as the clutch fork I don't believe I've ever heard of one breaking. You might want to buy a brand new one. Sometimes they get a little rusty which doesn't help the strength any. You might be able to reinforce the factory part. BTW what have you done to the engine to require an upgraded clutch, just curious.

#4 ·
Custom Konis are about $200 each.

Jim

SilverMk2 said:
Adjustable, like coilovers or adjustable shocks? Coilovers for the front are available from Ground Control. They require cutting the strut tube and welding the collar in. So they really aren't a direct drop in. In the rear no coilovers are available, but they could be done if you design your own. As far as adjustable shocks, Tokico Illumina were adjustable easily, but are no longer available. You can get Koni shocks from Classic Car Garage that are also adjustable. But they need to be removed to collapsed the shock to adjust. You might be able to get Koni to custom make you some external adjustable shocks for the right $$$$.

As far as the clutch fork I don't believe I've ever heard of one breaking. You might want to buy a brand new one. Sometimes they get a little rusty which doesn't help the strength any. You might be able to reinforce the factory part. BTW what have you done to the engine to require an upgraded clutch, just curious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.