Sequential gearbox! [Archive] - Supraforums.com

: Sequential gearbox!

260Z
04-19-2008, 03:49 AM
Hi!

I wonder if there is any sequential gearbox that fit Toyota Supra twin turbo?

Kind regards

Nabil from Sweden

T78supra
04-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Hi!

I wonder if there is any sequential gearbox that fit Toyota Supra twin turbo?

Kind regards

Nabil from Sweden

I pretend my th400 is sequential.

HKS use to make one, not sure if its still available, they ran it in their silver drag car.

here is a vid of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljBri3czHpw&feature=related

260Z
04-19-2008, 10:16 AM
I pretend my th400 is sequential.

HKS use to make one, not sure if its still available, they ran it in their silver drag car.

here is a vid of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljBri3czHpw&feature=related

TNX for the information :)

Nice car you have.

Dangerzone
05-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Item PPG 6-Speed Gear Set for 1993-98 Supra
Item # PPG 6SPD

This rally-inspired "Dog Box" gear set is the first of its kind available for the MKIV Supra! Manufactured in Australia by world-famous Pfitzner Performance Gearbox exclusively for PHR, this high performance gear set is designed to fit directly into the Getrag V160 case and uses standard input/output shafts. It doesn't get any better than this! Clutch less up-shifts can be accomplished with ease without the worry of destroying factory synchromesh rings. No more worrying about which transmission fluid to use in the Getrag six speed to avoid costly damage, this unit uses Redline Lightweight Shockproof Gear Oil which is readily available and much less expensive than Toyota gear oil. No more waiting for expensive special order replacement parts from Getrag in Germany. No more hassles trying to locate a custom clutch application to fit your custom sequential transmission then figuring out how to mount the unit in a Supra. All factory mounts still bolt up to the Getrag case, and you can utilize your choice of clutches available for the Supra. All the while knowing that this gearbox won't let you down on race day! For those that love the versatility and top speed of the Getrag six speed but hate the weakness of the factory synchromesh rings, this gear set is for you. This performance gearbox features straight cut billet gears using the latest F1 style tooth profiles, all designed using the latest CAD software and manufactured with the highest quality CNC manufacturing equipment available. Gear ratios have been optimized for both drag racing and road course racing, with 4th gear having a 10 MPH higher top speed compared to stock. Sixth gear has been revised to a .848 ratio compared to .793 stock, to increase acceleration in the top gear. The cluster shaft features a splined design that accommodates individual gear ratio changes (by special order) to better suit the needs of different racing styles. Custom billet chromoly shift selector forks are used to replace the weak factory cast aluminum forks. The entire assembly is then heat treated for added durability and strength. The greatly simplified design of this gear set makes assembly/disassembly of the transmission much easier, and installation of the gear set is available in-house if desired. When compared to the pricing of a new or used Getrag six speed transmission or the cost of rebuilding a broken Getrag, this high performance gear set makes perfect sense. Make it the last gear set you ever buy for the Supra!

Note: Custom gear ratios are available by special order, inquire when ordering.

MSRP $8,950.00
Your Price $8,400.00

http://www.powerhouseracing.com/Templates/frmtemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=24&SearchYN=N

Gadfly
05-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Item PPG 6-Speed Gear Set for 1993-98 Supra
Item # PPG 6SPD

This rally-inspired "Dog Box" gear set is the first of its kind available for the MKIV Supra! Manufactured in Australia by world-famous Pfitzner Performance Gearbox exclusively for PHR, this high performance gear set is designed to fit directly into the Getrag V160 case and uses standard input/output shafts. It doesn't get any better than this! Clutch less up-shifts can be accomplished with ease without the worry of destroying factory synchromesh rings. No more worrying about which transmission fluid to use in the Getrag six speed to avoid costly damage, this unit uses Redline Lightweight Shockproof Gear Oil which is readily available and much less expensive than Toyota gear oil. No more waiting for expensive special order replacement parts from Getrag in Germany. No more hassles trying to locate a custom clutch application to fit your custom sequential transmission then figuring out how to mount the unit in a Supra. All factory mounts still bolt up to the Getrag case, and you can utilize your choice of clutches available for the Supra. All the while knowing that this gearbox won't let you down on race day! For those that love the versatility and top speed of the Getrag six speed but hate the weakness of the factory synchromesh rings, this gear set is for you. This performance gearbox features straight cut billet gears using the latest F1 style tooth profiles, all designed using the latest CAD software and manufactured with the highest quality CNC manufacturing equipment available. Gear ratios have been optimized for both drag racing and road course racing, with 4th gear having a 10 MPH higher top speed compared to stock. Sixth gear has been revised to a .848 ratio compared to .793 stock, to increase acceleration in the top gear. The cluster shaft features a splined design that accommodates individual gear ratio changes (by special order) to better suit the needs of different racing styles. Custom billet chromoly shift selector forks are used to replace the weak factory cast aluminum forks. The entire assembly is then heat treated for added durability and strength. The greatly simplified design of this gear set makes assembly/disassembly of the transmission much easier, and installation of the gear set is available in-house if desired. When compared to the pricing of a new or used Getrag six speed transmission or the cost of rebuilding a broken Getrag, this high performance gear set makes perfect sense. Make it the last gear set you ever buy for the Supra!

Note: Custom gear ratios are available by special order, inquire when ordering.

MSRP $8,950.00
Your Price $8,400.00

http://www.powerhouseracing.com/Templates/frmtemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=24&SearchYN=N

That is not a Seq. gearbox, just a gear set.......

Wreckless
05-21-2008, 11:30 AM
Holinger has made their H6S Sequential to fit a JZA80 Supra, but you'd need to contact them directly about pricing and availability:
http://www.holinger.com.au/product_page.php?command=showcategory&categorytype=Rear+Wheel+Drive+Gearboxes&itemtypeid=336&newcategoryid=336

HKS offered their own packaged sequential transmissions but it was my understanding that they were Holingers just set up with HKS parts for direct fitment into a variety of cars, I know they made them for the GT-R, S13/14/15, and FD3S RX7 but I do not believe one was ever made for the Supra.

I've read that many of the JGTC GT500 Supras ran X-trac sequential gearboxes, but I've been unable to find any documentation of one ever being fitted to a 2JZ-GTE powered 'street' car. A quick glance at their website doesn't seem to list a Front engine/rear drive gearbox that is strong enough to sustain the 600-800hp regularly produced by modified 2JZ-GTE's.
http://www.xtrac.com/

bigbloodyturbo
05-21-2008, 12:51 PM
ikeya formula, not exactly sequential but close enough

95jza80tt
05-21-2008, 02:02 PM
ikeya formula does not have a jza80 application for their sequential adapter setup the last time i checked.

Wreckless
05-21-2008, 02:31 PM
ikeya formula does not have a jza80 application for their sequential adapter setup the last time i checked.

They don't. Though I've still got my fingers crossed that they might develop one.

bigbloodyturbo
05-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Thats unfortunate, I had started thinking about what it would be like to drive the sup sequentially and i was starting to like the idea, oh well, looks like a trip to quaife is in order, if only i had a spare 50,000 laying around.....

tectyl
05-22-2008, 01:50 AM
I didn't think the Jgtc supras ran 2jz either. so i guess it wouldn't be a bolt on if you got a hold of a gearbox. But the yellow Jun supra had a sequential box. Not sure what kind, But it had a 2jz powerplant atleast..

IMO Sequential gearbox=race only.

makes one hell of a noise.

Craig Bush
05-22-2008, 02:04 AM
hey guys,

appears that OS Giken makes one:

http://www.justjap.com/OSGikenCatalogue.pdf

bottom of page 5
craig

ovey1
05-22-2008, 07:46 AM
just get a stillway shifter assembly that way it will do sequentail in the first 4 gears and then run regular with the turn of the knob.

figgie
05-22-2008, 08:27 AM
A true dog engagement seq tranny.

Hollinger makes one but it is not stocked. Last I heard in the UK. You are looking at about 12,000 not including freight to you.

You will need to contact them in Australia.

Quaife does not make one but they make custom ones so I am sure they are real accomodating especially for the 10k entry price.

2JayZCres
05-22-2008, 07:33 PM
the JGTC supras ran 3SGTEs

You can get pretty much any sequential tranny to fit it is just a question of how much custom work and money you want to spend.

260Z
06-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Maybe a GF-2000 Clutchless 5-Speed Transmission is an good solution!