How can I bypass the video interlock on my alpine iva-c800?? [Archive] - Supraforums.com

: How can I bypass the video interlock on my alpine iva-c800??

inertia5upra
01-13-2003, 06:54 PM
does anyone know how to hook it up so i can drive and watch or play games on my ps2. i have the switch but i don't know what to do. if anyone knows how to do it.. can you please help me out thank you very much.

homer
01-14-2003, 12:21 AM
i used to have the cva 1005, i think the bypass is the same. you have two wires to mess with, i think they both come from the brain.one is yellow with a blue stripe and i think the other is yellow with a black stripe. you can look on the brain and it will tell you. one is foot brake the other is parking brake.you need to find in the harness above the foot brake pedal that throws 12 volts when you step on the brake. hook the foot brake wire to that. then you run the parking brake wire to one side of your switch, the other side of you switch you ground. when you ready to watch movies you step on the brake hold it down flip your switch let off the brake and you good to go.every time you get back in the car you'll have to do it over, so when you get out the switch will be on, so when you start every thing over step on the brake turn your switch off then on let off the brake. hope this helps.

Roadie8105
01-14-2003, 12:25 AM
An easier way to do it is just buy one of the Black Box items off Ebay... I did the brake/switch thing for a yr with my CVA-1005 before buying one of the Black Boxes and it works PERFECT... As soon as car is turned on the video is there... NO SWITCHES or BRAKE PUMPING or ANYTHING... WELL Worth the $50 or so to never have to do that brake trick again... Hope this helps....

Oh yeah, the Black Box is for CVA-1005, IVA-C800 and C801, and other Alpine video headunits...

inertia5upra
01-14-2003, 03:42 PM
thanks you guyz. i appriciate all of your help hopefully this works. wish me luck. thanks again