#1 · (Edited)
Let this be the final and last thread on these two items that usually
BPU supras use!

# Greddy Boost Cut Controller

As you can see the late edition Greddy BCC is made for specific JZA80
supras! There is no more BCC for MR2 SW20 which could be used on JZ
series.And there isn't an adjustable switch/knob that can regulate/tune
the preferable boost cut.With the old BCC device you had to tune to about
4.1 or 4.3 Volts before it's installation.
I think that the absense of the tuning device on the new
BCC is because now it is made specific for jza80 2jzgte motors! And it sets
the boost/fuel cut at the limit of the MAP sensor which is about
1.15 bar (16 psi) on JDM engines...
My 2jzgte is from Aristo car and is a JDM motor,so it will work fine....I think
it will work on USA and export models to...I don't know for sure.

The Red wire is +12V ,the Black is Ground and the Green & White go to the
MAP signal wire... pin 62 on the TCCS ECU plug,so installation remains the
same as the old device!

# Greddy Speed Limiter Cut Controller

Now the speed cut controller makes me nervous...
It has 5 wires: red is +12V ,Black is Ground OK....
But there are 3 wires more to connect! 2 of them go to the cut Pink (speed sensor wire)...and remains 1 wire to connect
Searching the net I found that this wire is probably the 'Blue' one and it
will remain off connection.

Please post your thoughts and your knowledgment on these parts,so
people can get first class info about the installation and the operation
of these units....

See less See more
#5 ·
I just received mine which I'll use on my USDM to replace an HKS FCD. We'll see how it goes but, I'm hoping that my rough idle and recent P1512 code on the dyno will be history.

#6 ·
So you don't have to tune this "NEW" Greddy BCC (#15510019) how did this it take for shipping with RHDJapan.com? So far i can only find one other site (Nengun Performance) that has the JZA80 one.

#8 · (Edited)
As the author of the mkiv.com BCC article, I would really like to have the OP or someone clarify a couple things about this newer type:

-Have you opened the case to be sure there is indeed no set-screw inside? (I'll go out on a limb and bet a 6-pack that there is a set screw, and that it is technically not really different than the old one.)
-Could you please measure what voltage it is putting out as it comes from the factory? Just hook it up to a 12V source and measure as described in the link in my sig. Report back:)

Note that even with the old BCC, Greddy didn't advise anyone to open it up and set it to 4.1 or 4.3V. The old one would prevent boost cut with no adjustment straight out of the box. But they shipped them with the voltage setting unnecessarily low, and quite variable from unit-to-unit. The adjustment to 4.1/4.3V simply makes the signal to the ECU as least-altered as possible while avoiding cut.

As far as the Speed Cut controller, I can't see why anyone would go to the expense and wiring of that device, when just pulling the Trac fuse accomplishes the same thing.

Brian

#11 ·
I just saw that my thread is keeping on :)
The speed cut defencer is only for jdm supras and aristos (max 180 km/h).
The EURO spec and USA spec supras get rid the speed cut by taking off the
trac fuse (max 259km/h) .On the JDM this trick doesn't work :nono:
You need 100% a speed cut defencer,and every JDM engine (5M,6M,7M,1JZ,2JZ
and more)

With the Trust/Greddy speed cut defencer I managed to get rid the speed
cut (at 180 km/h) and go over 240 km/h without any issue,no engine codes,
like OEM stuff!

Now...about the Trust/Greddy BCC. I have it installed on my car. I think I have
wired the cables correctly! But last time I set the BC at 1.0 bar (14.5 psi) and I hit
fuel cut at 0.90 bar (about 13 psi) ....on a very hot day!
I haven't had the time to re-check the wiring of the BCC,and find out what is
wrong. But the new BCC device doesn't have a voltage regulator!

#16 ·
I took some pictures but they are not very good. Is the only way to post an image by linking to another website? (i.e. http) I'm new to the forum.

#17 ·
Sorry guys this is a bit off-topic too but I have installed a Titan dp recently on my '97 TT and the car feels way faster then before.. But so far I haven't experienced any boost cut.. or even a check engine light. The dp supports my factory O2 sensors and I'm running the HKS ti exhaust and a Max Air boxxer intake (just some extra info). I'm not complaining but I would like to know whether something is wrong or God just loves me better than u guys.. any info would help. Thanks

-G

#18 ·
Are you sure you don't have a bcc, or maybe even the HKS FCD, or even worse, the FFCD? Check to make sure your turbo pressure sensor is connected properly, it's on the intake side of the head just inside the cam cover...like this but ignore the strange lines and tee

#19 ·
Thanks for the tip bro. I bought the car bone stock from a 47 yr. old guy that never modified the car so I'm guessin' theres no BCC or anything like that installed.. I however bought a Greddy BCC that I'm waiting to install but just held up on why I don't have boost cut yet.. I kinda like to inspect and analyze u know? But I will check the turbo pressure sensor connection. One more thing. Do u think the ecu hasn't adapted to the mods and re-setting it would do the trick or I juss wait it out? Thanks again.

#20 ·
Some cars will hit boost cut with only a downpipe/exhaust/intake, but some will peak boost just shy of the trigger level and won't hit cut until they add a boost controller and turn it up. I'm sure that's the case for you.

Keep in mind that to trigger fuel/boost cut, it is necessary to both exceed approximately 14 psi, AND sustain that for about 3 seconds.

If you actually want to try to hit boost cut, drive in as cool weather as possible, and increase your engine load - ie going uphill and in a higher gear makes a big difference. Try say flooring it at 110 mph in 5th uphill.....but hitting cut at that speed might make you crap your pants! Maybe better to just add your boost controller and BCC.

Congrats on finding a stocker - hard to find! Pics/details would be fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.