SupraSport 2JZ-GTE Dual VVTL-I VTEC Billet Head

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SupraSport 2JZ-GTE Dual VVTL-I VTEC Billet Head

Although I really don't want to fly to Vegas twice in one month we could not decline an invitation to show the billet vtec head at SEMA. I will be there together with Alrik who did all the 3D design of the head. I will let you guys know what booth we will be showing when we got our exhibitor passes. Also Bottle of Titan arranged that we will be showing the head with shiny Ferrea valves installed at the show! Is anyone going to Vegas first week of November?
    Supra Owners Group Holland
    ++
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    I will be on Vegas for Sema. Nov 1-6th
    94 Supra TT 6 spd 1a1 Under Construction

SupraForums Member
    Good to see Honda technology hitting the 2jz market only bad thing about the 2jz is the head.

K series/ i-vtec although 15 years old and developed in the 90s are still one of the best engines out there today.

My brother a gasket engineer (mainly head gasket) for one of the largest aftermarket companies in the world wanted me to ask, "How is the water jacket designed in the cylinder head? Same as OEM?"

Apparently this could cause some very serious issues. He mentioned something about hot spots causing MLS head gaskets to blow/ leak. The head coolant flow temps need to be validate through finite element analysis to verify the coolant flow does not have any stagnant areas. He said a bunch of other stuff but that's what i got out of it.
    Last edited by natedawg; 10-07-2016 at 10:37 PM.
    1994 - Supra - Pro EFI - BW 62mm - E85 - 670whp - Sold

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu Hagen View Post
    I am seriously thinking of getting this to see how it will perform on my GT28 set up...(Soon to be GT28+ on steroids)
    That would be so badass!

SupraForums Member
    Arnout, have you recovered from Vegas yet? How was the reception at SEMA?
    -Brad
    87 Supra 1jz, monster in the making
    99 Miata DD, 46 Chevy Fleetmaster garage ornament

hi Guys,
    Sorry I didnt update you here on the Supraforums. These days I am more active on www.facebook.com/Suprasport

The reception was pretty nice. Everyone likes our head. There have been a couple of questions though that I did not expect to be so huge. Main question was why do we keep port compatability with the stock 2jz head. A lot of people did not find it an issue if there was a custom exhaust manifold required. This will get rid of the restrictive exhaust side and can allow us to make straight ports.

Another question came from the big monster HP guys, they asked if we can make a head with no water, straight ports as well and don't use the vtec. Optional the vvti but not required. So in short: Make us a head that is capable of doing 2000HP+ without the issues the stock head has.

We can make that as well. For now it looks like we will continue working on the head but our final product will be in 3 different models. So when ordering you need to specify which model you need:

- street head: 100% port compatible with the regular OEM head, as bolt on as it can be.
    - Race head: raised intake (10mm / 0.4 inch higher intake flange) and straight exhaust ports (also raised), to allow optimal flow on both intake and exhaust.
    - Mayhem head: raised intake, raised and straight exhaust. No water (methanol quartermile only), no vtec and vvti is optional. This is just quartermile 6 seconds cars only and for people that do not care about performance under 6000RPM.

All heads will be aproximately similar priced. It depends on production numbers as well. Still aiming for 15k for a full head.

I will be at the PRI show next week in indianapolis. Anyone who want to see the billet head (prototype) please come see me at the booth of Dynapack!

SupraForums Member
    I'd be happy to test for 1jz compatibility... you know I have a badass bottom end.

Supra Enthusiast
    Just wondering if you got any flow numbers and velocity/speed measurements.
    4 digits on pump&meth is not impossible (low boost)
    Real hp is measured at the wheels.

The prototype head we made flows between 10 and 20% more capacity at same lift numbers (we compared against a stock head and compared same lift). Also our headflow keeps on rising after 11mm lift, which a stock head tops at 11mm.
    The current unit in the making will have straight exhaust ports and lifted intake port. We will flow more in that way, will measure that as well.
    Also need to do a lot more checking and tweaking until we are running so stay tuned

Supra Enthusiast
    What lift and how many inches were used and what cams. What were the cfm numbers?
    This is using essentially +3 intake and +2 exhaust valves correct?

SupraForums Member
    Thought popped into my head today. What is this thing gonna sound like? Badass like a stock 2jz, then even more badass like a built 2jz when it comes on the secondary cam profile?

Looking forward to finding out!

It should sound like a BPUish single turbo Supra until VTEC, yo. The two profiles are radically different as well, so there should be a noticeable difference
    Lonnie Benson - '88 Supra turbo | '93 SC300 2JZ-GTE Single turbo
    www.SupraStore.com Customer Support | 800-717-3050 (ext 9)
    Please note the easiest way to contact me is via email: Lonnie@SupraStore.com

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dexlex View Post
    well done!!!
    Thats a game changer! one thing i would like to see is the ability to fit a 21mm hex spark plug in there. ie B9EGV style race plug. they are easy to get and the porcelain is alot tougher than a regular bkr series NGK plug. with out spending 50 bucks a plug.. we bored out our 2j head as gas in Australia to take the bxxegv plugs. n20 and 2 step doesn't hurt them.

SupraForums Member
    NO HATERS PLEASE, but for an all out motor, this head coupled to a HI-DECK billet rb nissan with its better bore spacing would be king!

Quote Originally Posted by T04GTR View Post
    Thats a game changer! one thing i would like to see is the ability to fit a 21mm hex spark plug in there. ie B9EGV style race plug. they are easy to get and the porcelain is alot tougher than a regular bkr series NGK plug. with out spending 50 bucks a plug.. we bored out our 2j head as gas in Australia to take the bxxegv plugs. n20 and 2 step doesn't hurt them.
    That is actually an idea we can investigate. I haven't finished the machining of the 6 cylinder units yet, as I took a side project first because the demand for that was so huge (2nd and 4th gears for the V160).

Quote Originally Posted by T04GTR View Post
    NO HATERS PLEASE, but for an all out motor, this head coupled to a HI-DECK billet rb nissan with its better bore spacing would be king!
    Yes partly agree. The RB is an OK engine however the casting is very bad and also there is a lot of difference between various RB's (some are better than others). The 2jz is just a perfect engine from stock and can be improved a lot better. The RB is a perfectly designed but poorly implemented engine and needs a lot of modifications and tune ups to compete.

My God I have been living under a rock. Great job on the development!
    94 Supra - build by SCPerformance
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text