NE2K9 MK3 Dyno Champion
    2004 Toronto Supra Club MK3 "Best in Show"
    2003 Northeast Supra Meet MK3 Dyno Challenge "First Place"
    578RWHP 457RWTQ (Spun on Dyno) @25psi SAE (AEM EMS) On dying 7M
    Tuned by Justin Nenni

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

I was telling my students the other day in US History about buying my first MKIII in 2003 and how much of a turd it was ($500.00 car). One smartass kid says "Shoulda bought a Mustang"........................I figure ignorance is job security so I just shake my head and show some street racing videos from the glory days and all is well. God I feel like a GENIUS around some of these kids but I really do feel my age when I look at some of the dumb shit they do........

I just fired this bitch up for the first time on an Electromotive! Now thats OLD SCHOOL. TEC3
    Attached Images
    Just another slow ass MKIII

SupraForums Member topguncam3888's Avatar
    It's great to see so many names I remember from when I was active on here! I've recently gotten the MKIII bug again and began lurking around here once more. I sold all three of my supras about 5 years ago, so I might try to pick another one up. Their asking price seems to have gone up a bit, do you think?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Prices have gone up somewhat but when you wheel and deal you can still find bargains like back in the day. I would say around Chicago the average price for a n/a is about 2 to 3k and a turbo will run 4 to 5k in good condition. I just picked up a 91 Turbo manual Supra for 1k and it was not running when I got it but it was a complete car.
    87 Turbo Supra - Daily Summer Cruiser
    87 Non-Turbo Supra - Sold
    04 GS300 - Daily Driver

SupraForums Member
    Still have mine, although I can't seem to get it running right after letting it sit so long.
    Too many projects, too little time.
    -92 supra turbo
    Built 7M/6262 495rwhp pump gas
    2011 Mustang GT
    570rwhp at 7psi

Quote Originally Posted by MRSUPRA View Post
    Still have mine, although I can't seem to get it running right after letting it sit so long.
    Too many projects, too little time.
    Wow, good to hear you still have it.
    I know the feeling... hate letting them sit for so long.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MK3Brent View Post
    Wow, good to hear you still have it.
    I know the feeling... hate letting them sit for so long.
    Hey Brent..
    Yep, can't sell the old Supra. It's outdated and outclassed, but it's still my favorite car.

475RWHP 449TQ and climing QWIKSTRIKE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSUPRA View Post
    Hey Brent..
    Yep, can't sell the old Supra. It's outdated and outclassed, but it's still my favorite car.
    Says who, My MK3 gets thumbs up daily, and the power she laid down definitely out classes most cars on the road today. If I can finish the things that I started and kill off the problems from my past tuner's issue it would be a force to be recond with. Not with standing after getting it to where I wanted it, I broke the crank bolt after leaving a breaker bar attached while installing my ported head as I cranked the motor. It sat for years after the great depression and lack of funds...Now I am getting the itch to finish!

I will soon be devouring many current muscle cars, and roadsters today for lunch as I did in the past.

l337 M0d3r4t0r
    Honestly, after all I have done to my supra. The happiest I've ever been on my MK3 is with stock JDM twins. It made 430 on pump and 435 tq. It's fun as hell, no lag and dead reliable! I haven't smoked a transmission, subframe, or engine in at least 4-5 years which says something! True it only had about 12000 miles in all that time! haha.

I'm now converting to E85 on stock twins, hoping to see high 400's on a few more pounds of boost and maybe add cams... If the twins go, I'll just replace them at 200$ a set or get the upgraded stu twins. I'm just enjoying the car for what it is.. Not the best at anything (like brent said) outclassed everywhere but I just take off the top and cruise pacific highway 1 and enjoy.... I still LOVE the look of the mk3, it's so rare to see a clean one. They are all beat up to shit usually.
    Eric W
    87 TT E85
    98 SC 300

Quote Originally Posted by jwcatto View Post
    I was telling my students the other day in US History about buying my first MKIII in 2003 and how much of a turd it was ($500.00 car). One smartass kid says "Shoulda bought a Mustang"........................I figure ignorance is job security so I just shake my head and show some street racing videos from the glory days and all is well. God I feel like a GENIUS around some of these kids but I really do feel my age when I look at some of the dumb shit they do........

I just fired this bitch up for the first time on an Electromotive! Now thats OLD SCHOOL. TEC3
    I've been lurking for years now myself. Imagine my surprise in seeing all the old skoolers show up. I took a hiatus with my 88, but I'm back in it now. TEC3 too! Just got a SIRHC boost controller and I've got a list a mile long to repair/upgrade.
    IMG_20170309_215452231.jpg
    Blue 88t targa
    Built block, Ross pistons, 1.5mm MHG + ARP studs
    ACT 6 puck unsprung and HD pressure plate
    60-1 Stg V intake and exhaust
    TEC3
    SIRHC Cortex

Wingless by choice. Supranforever's Avatar
    I recently started another build myself, I haven't been on here in a long LONG time. Good to see all the old guys on here.
    Last edited by Supranforever; 03-29-2017 at 10:56 PM.
    1989 toyota supra, 2jzgte vvti, r154.
    1989 toyota cressida, 1jzgte vvti, w58.

Quote Originally Posted by reydio View Post
    Yep, getting old but still kicking. Nice seeing some of the old user names. Just sold my 87 MK3 Turbo 5Speed(76,000miles) to a Military Chap, he is bringing it back to Texas when he leaves Hawaii this April. I'll be keeping my Turbo Auto, it's getting hard for this old chap to drive standard, especially when traffic gets real bad.
    I've seen him on H1 a few times Rey. Wondering if it was your car or not. Still looking good. If I ever leave Hawaii my MKIII is getting a 1JZ i have in my Mazda truck back home.

B
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismael View Post
    In my opinion, Supras are the right hand of god in the car world. Sent to put order when Mustangs and Camaros get wild. To bring justice when cocky Evo and Subaru drivers get out of hand. And to show bikers that two wheels are NOT faster than four!

l337 M0d3r4t0r
    Geeze, 1 year later, and I still don't have my car back together...

I started rewiring the harness with new connectors and new pins (stock harness) and rewrapping it with tech flex, one thing led to another and now I have a mess in my garage.

Diff is at Wier getting a 3.54 gear and a max grip kit. Highway will love me but 1/4 mile will hate me.
    Whole intake side is in shambles parts everywhere
    Bought all sorts of new parts that no one buys like undercover tray and little 10MM screws and harness clips.
    New clutch waiting to go in
    Walbro 485 waiting to go in
    Rewired all speakers with 12GA wire (why I don't know)
    Trying to add a sub connector on to my harness to allow for all my aftermarket sensors (boost, flex fuel, map sensor, line lock, yada yada) on one sub harness.

F!!! It's like going to the supermarket wanting to buy 1 item and leaving with a full shopping cart... The only problem is I start and never finish. I miss driving my car haha and when I do drive it I always want to fix something. FFS.

Hardcore Night Warrior chevydude's Avatar
    Texas, where it's full and we have no more room for people from out of state looking to move here. Seriously, we are full.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaZZn View Post
    Honestly..... I'm just enjoying the car for what it is..
    Many of salutations and glorious days to you. I thought to myself that what you said above is something more Mk III owners, and especially potential owners, should heed and aspire to. It's easy to get lost in the hp game, as well as tinker game in general. Once that happens though, what comes to pass all too often is down below.

Geeze, 1 year later...... The only problem is I start and never finish. I miss driving my car haha and when I do drive it I always want to fix something. FFS.
    Zazzinator, heed your comment and aspire to your own enjoyment! Enjoy the car for what it is, lest you find yourself getting at yourself for doing what you lean towards doing. Starting and never finishing. Smiles and happiness via car ownership does not come through the "what ifs", but rather I would say they come from the miles.
    "Longest grounded member EVER."
    I'm a photographer----->lifelooksbetter.weebly.com

l337 M0d3r4t0r
    Yep I agree, once this round is complete, not looking for any power just to resolve lingering issues.

475RWHP 449TQ and climing QWIKSTRIKE's Avatar
    Geeze, 1 year later, and I still don't have my car back together...

I started rewiring the harness with new connectors and new pins (stock harness) and rewrapping it with tech flex, one thing led to another and now I have a mess in my garage.

Diff is at Wier getting a 3.54 gear and a max grip kit. Highway will love me but 1/4 mile will hate me.
    Whole intake side is in shambles parts everywhere
    Bought all sorts of new parts that no one buys like undercover tray and little 10MM screws and harness clips.
    New clutch waiting to go in
    Walbro 485 waiting to go in
    Rewired all speakers with 12GA wire (why I don't know)
    Trying to add a sub connector on to my harness to allow for all my aftermarket sensors (boost, flex fuel, map sensor, line lock, yada yada) on one sub harness.

F!!! It's like going to the supermarket wanting to buy 1 item and leaving with a full shopping cart... The only problem is I start and never finish. I miss driving my car haha and when I do drive it I always want to fix something. FFS.
    Where did you get the 3.54 gear set from Eric!

l337 M0d3r4t0r
    Driftmotion, but really he gets it from justaxels they are from a european Toyota truck I believe. I bought a diff from a toyota truck in hopes it was the right one but it wasn't (95 tacoma with a A02B diff)

Anyways, we'll have to see how it runs, hoping that 12% longer gear will be nice on the highway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text