120 NE Supras / ONE MORE TIME GUYS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: 120 NE Supras / ONE MORE TIME GUYS

Great meet! Can't wait to do another one. Supra community sure is a lot closer than most car forums guys I know of. Happy to be a part of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Anyone have a total supra count for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    Thanks for sharing all these GREAT photos.

Since I didn't get a chance to see all the cars and admire the work and passion put into them, this is my opportunity I'm taking it all in with the photos. Rick the video was very cool, I felt like I was with you guys killing it on the NJ Turnpike Exit 6. I drive down that way today to shore in my Supra.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamcar88 View Post
    That was the point of the meet. A couple of us were always bitching about how many supras are on the east coast, and how we never had meets . We usually only have one end of the year meet at arthurs in upstate nj near nyc. We finally bugged reid enough to get a supra meet that would be huge more than once . I never doubted the power and how many people would show once. If people have that much fun in one day it would only make sense to do it more than once a year!!!! One of the only things that makes me smile is seeing other supras! I dont know about you but seeing others peoples setup literally had me buying parts in the parking lot that i noticed! Some great motivation, people, and stories with all the builds!
    Amen. I'm glad that Reid was able to make this into something big and support the community even though I was not able to attend. Big props for making it happen!

BTW Reid, I must have overlooked your pm, I forgot to message you back. Just sent you a text.
    -Logan B.

Click here to enlarge

MKiV 6 speed S369 | ID1700s | AEM V2 | HKS Ti
    IG: @Supraman42

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Footage from the meet
    https://youtu.be/E3urW1CXn1g
    Enjoy

Here is my combined footage, thanks again for this day, it was SomethingSpecial

https://youtu.be/zdCbg1gJ2bs
    Click here to enlarge
    94 6MT, GTX4088R, AEM v2, GSC S2, Stage 3 Head, 10:1 3.4L,
    RPS CC Twin, ID2000, E85. 908 WHP, ALPHA Tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by SMTSPCL View Post

Great video Monty. Captures the whole size of the meet.
    2011 Suzuki GSXR 600
    2011 Suzuki Hayabusa
    1998 Toyota Corolla VE
    2012 Ram 3500 HD CTD
    1993 GMC Typhoon
    1995 Toyota Supra SE

Click here to enlarge

| GT42-7175 RPS Turbo Kit | 2150cc Boost Logic Fuel System | ETS Intercooler Kit |
    | Doc Race Intake Manifold | RMR Throttle Body | GSC S2 Cams | GSC Beehive Spring Kit |
    | Tilton Carbon Triple Disc | TRD LSD | HKS Racing Ti Exhaust | HKS Racing Type II & MKIV SSQV |
    | M&S Drag Coilovers | AP/Stillen 6 Piston Brake Kit | Volk 18" TE-37's | Pro EFI 128 | 908 RWHP 726 RWTQ | (Alpha Tuned)

SupraForums Member Evolved 6-speed's Avatar
    A huge thank you to Reid and all others who both helped staff and organize this meet, as it was seriously long overdue to have a large Supra oriented gathering.

Reid you did a great thing for the NE Supra community and hopefully this marks a start where annual gatherings of this size can be structured.

If plans are being contemplated for an annual meet, feel free to contact me if you need help; the onus should be cast on a wider net of Supraforums members.

Back on topic.......

I was really impressed by both the number and quality of Supras of all generations (MK2, MK3, and MK4) that showed up. It also was a genuine pleasure to see a good number of Supras (probably from PA, MD, and adjacent states) which I've never seen before.

Ultimately, the best aspects of these meets invariably are the conversations (small and large) I get to have with both old friends and new faces.

Of note:
    1. Randy's "SupraLx570" Supra: This car has seen a fair number of changes since I first laid my eyes on it 7.5 years ago, but several things have remained constant; the quality of the work to his car, attention to detail of his setup, and the humbleness of the owner himself. It was well deserved for this car to win an award at this event.

2. dre99gsx’s 2JZ/BMW Z4 swap: Seeing this car in person versus scrolling through photos on a computer screen really made me appreciate the ingenuity and uniqueness of the build. I wish I could have spoken to dre99gsx, as I am thoroughly interested in how much it cost him to do this swap!

3. Nick_95_6sp: What a pleasure to speak with Nick (who reminds me so much of Jay Leno, with a less pronounced chin) on a couple of occasions about his 2,200lb. V8 Hot Rod, his Supra, and just shooting the breeze on side topics. Nick we have to hit up some Cheesesteaks or BBQ in Philly! Maybe we can use a box of Krispy Kremes as currency.

4. Of course the NYC cadre of bkfill, Red Sled, and RikTT; you guys know I have a big enough driveway, so if you're ever stuck in NJ, you know where to park your cars!

I don't want to leave anybody out but also great to see Deck, Brandon, Eli, Gonzy, Jason, Joe, Alvin, and I'm sure there are others who I may have left out.
    Last edited by Evolved 6-speed; 05-05-2017 at 01:27 PM.
    1995 Super White Supra TT 6-Speed: 30,211 original miles & basically stock when bought......BPU since 2010 and beyond???

Click here to enlarge

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMTSPCL View Post

Awesome video!! Like Joe said it captured the entire meet and cars.
    Click here to enlarge
    My Build Thread
    http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...1jz-swap-build

1jz non vvti l SB stage 2 clutch l BW sxe257 l 550cc injectors l Walboro 455fp l Aeromotive FPR l W58 l Tial BOV and WG l AEM Infinity

Hi guys, last Sunday's show was awesome!!! It was great getting to meet some of you guys, I hope we can do another show soon.

SupraForums Member
    Outstanding videos, pictures and commentary!!

I've got to say that it's refreshing to be part of a brotherhood of cool, humble and knowledgeable supra owners.

There were lots of amazing machines there....awe inspiring and motivating to say the least.

If I didn't spend as much time as I did yapping, I would have been able to appreciate the rides even more in person, given the limited time I had at the event.

Cudos again to Reid, Josh and all others that have contributed to making this event a success. And to the photographers and videographers to show the supra forum members across the country what the NE Chapter is capable of.....damn it!
    Last edited by THE STIG.; 05-05-2017 at 03:54 PM.

SupraForums Member
    So I realize this is a bit late, but events near me drove me to write this. As everyone has already said so well, Reid we are eternally grateful and thankful for having this event put together and I think I speak for all of us when I say I hope this can be an annual thing. It would be great if we could dig some more owners out of hiding and nudge the ones that decided not to come(I am not referring to anyone here).

With that said, the real reason I decided to post is because the local Cars and Coffee near me was almost shut down because of the typical 1% who can't follow simple rules of respect and maturity and ruin things for the other 99% of us. After some debate among the local police departments and the organizer, it was agreed that there would now be a buy-in for all attending which would go towards donations to the police department and local charities. The police department portion is considered a token of good will since they will now be giving up an officer or two to watch over each meet rather than do something more important because of a few morons.

I guess what I am trying to get across here is that it was nice to be around a group of people this past meet who all share a sort of unspoken form of respect and maturity. I wasn't there as long as most of you, in fact I was probably about the third or forth to dip out, but from what I can gather from all the posts here, the atmosphere stayed pretty much the same. I am truly honored to be a part of this group, no matter how little I know or contribute compared to most of you here, and I hope that we can keep our community like this for years to come even if a few more years go by before the next meet.

The Caravan Aficionado GodeepGTS11's Avatar
    I only have a few shitty cell phone pictures to share, but I wanted to thank everyone for reminding me why I'm still involved in this community and wont ever be able to sell my car. Thank you

I'm not too active on the forums. Just wanted to say it was an absolute pleasure meeting most of you! Can't wait for the next one! Was a surreal experience I've dreamed of since childhood. Thank you to those that hosted it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text