Any recent CCW customers?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Any recent CCW customers?

SupraForums Member
    I won't be ordering another set from them after reading this... Thank you gents.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Any photos with the new CCW Classics in 19" in a Supra available yet? If yes, please post.

Quote Originally Posted by TraumaB View Post
    I won't be ordering another set from them after reading this... Thank you gents.

To be fair to CCW and update this thread: I did receive my wheels and they look great! They really change the look of my car. I would not write-off CCW as an option quite yet.

I did not wait as long as some people claimed to have waited. DJG mentioned that he heard there was an internal issue from someone leaving, which could very well be true causing them to fallback and find a surge of unplaced orders. For now, that is a rumor but could very well have caused the delivery issues.

If CCW comes across this, here is my advice FWIW:
    -Communicate accurate information for ETA's. You're better off under-promising and over-delivering on a lead time. Add x% more time to whatever your production planner says. That will give you cushion for errors and if you deliver them earlier than quoted; you look even better as a company!

-Market your finishes more consistently especially on your website. I’m very happy with my finish but felt I was still rolling the dice on how exactly this would turn out because the website and social media label the finishes differently. This made it difficult to comprehend what each finish really looks like.

-Setup automatic email shipping notifications to send tracking when a product ships.

-Make it clear if you still offer replacement barrels and faces for damaged parts..

These small adjustments will go a long way. I hope to see CCW improve on these things as they are very hard to beat for their price.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by El AR-15 View Post
    Any photos with the new CCW Classics in 19" in a Supra available yet? If yes, please post.
    waiting patiently going on week 7....order placed March 31st

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RightCoast View Post

To be fair to CCW and update this thread: I did receive my wheels and they look great! They really change the look of my car. I would not write-off CCW as an option quite yet.

I did not wait as long as some people claimed to have waited. DJG mentioned that he heard there was an internal issue from someone leaving, which could very well be true causing them to fallback and find a surge of unplaced orders. For now, that is a rumor but could very well have caused the delivery issues.

-Communicate accurate information for ETA's. You're better off under-promising and over-delivering on a lead time. Add x% more time to whatever your production planner says. That will give you cushion for errors and if you deliver them earlier than quoted; you look even better as a company!

-Market your finishes more consistently especially on your website. I’m very happy with my finish but felt I was still rolling the dice on how exactly this would turn out because the website and social media label the finishes differently. This made it difficult to comprehend what each finish really looks like.

-Setup automatic email shipping notifications to send tracking when a product ships.

-Make it clear if you still offer replacement barrels and faces for damaged parts..

These small adjustments will go a long way. I hope to see CCW improve on these things as they are very hard to beat for their price.
    This!!! ^^^ My issue was that the fronts didn't match the rears. I ordered them separately because I'm poor but it would have been nice of them to tell me that there are 2 different brushed aluminum finishes. When I finally got a hold of CCW, they basically told me that they couldn't do anything about it because they had moved to Kansas and don't deal the anodizing company they used in Florida anymore.

SupraForums Member
    So how many weeks total did you end up waiting

Quote Originally Posted by RightCoast View Post

SupraForums Member
    just want to add a small bit. i had emailed CCW few days after getting my wheels. not even shitting on them or anything just a hey seriously guys step up, you have a good reputation with us supras guys ectt and also pointing out that the wheels were inspected by who ever the guys name was on the label so why do i have clear coat peeling...not one reply. few days back i email them about some freaking wheel stickers....reply with in hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando x DJG View Post
    just want to add a small bit. i had emailed CCW few days after getting my wheels. not even shitting on them or anything just a hey seriously guys step up, you have a good reputation with us supras guys ectt and also pointing out that the wheels were inspected by who ever the guys name was on the label so why do i have clear coat peeling...not one reply. few days back i email them about some freaking wheel stickers....reply with in hours.
    Did you receive your wheels damaged?

SupraForums Member
    i wouldnt same damaged. but where the center cap goes that inner hub has some of the clear coat peeling. my detailer thinks he can use opti-coat to help it from continuing

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando x DJG View Post
    i wouldnt same damaged. but where the center cap goes that inner hub has some of the clear coat peeling. my detailer thinks he can use opti-coat to help it from continuing

Sometimes that happens when you force the center caps in

Quote Originally Posted by basharwitwit368 View Post
    So how many weeks total did you end up waiting
    Ended up being about 2 months. Honestly, the wait was not that bad it was just the confusion on the ETA and etc.

SupraForums Member
    thats the thing i didn't even put the caps in lol.

SupraForums Member
    WEEK 10 and still waiting

SupraForums Member
    ...and no photos either. I know of a few in here who already received the 19" version...well, I'll keep waiting as well.

SupraForums Member
    week 11

Damn,

Once in awhile, I want a custom set of C14 corsairs, or maybe even the C10 as track wheels, but after seeing this thread, I am hesitant. When I purchased my set of LM20's through Chip, it took about 3 weeks to build, and a few days from Florida to my front door. 3 years ago, I've also asked for LM5 center pieces to convert my LM20 to LM5's, and they were too busy at the time. Now it would probably never happen.
    Last edited by Boost Wang; 06-16-2017 at 07:02 PM.
    -Sam

1993.5 White turbo hardtop. 1 of 26

SupraForums Member
    I have been working closely with a rep who has been good, overwhelmed at times, but good. I have multiple orders with him and he has been good at providing me with their current statuses...although I was hoping the results would be a lot faster than what they have been, at least progress is being made slowly but surely.

In the past I had a rep who took my customer orders in, then never processed them! I think its just a matter of CCW now thinning out the rotten apples, and expanding the operations to be able to sustain such high volume of orders now that they have opened it up to dealers.
    1994 6spd Targa
    Twin EFR 7163 / Twin QSVs / 3.4L / VVTi / 10:1
    SRT8 Brembo 6pot front / 4pot rear with ISF 14" rotors Big Brake Kit Creator
    Instagram: @pkop2jz

SupraForums Member FirstStateCamber's Avatar
    I've considered selling my 18" C10 monoblocks and going with a new setup of 19" Hybrids but this scares me...
    Easter
    93' PTE6766, Cast Mani, QSVHD, 1260cc, Stock Cams, Pro-EFI, CM850 twin-disk, 4" turbo back, HKS Carbon Ti...
    09' VW JSW
    53' F-100
    59' Caddy
    15' S5
    Follow me on IG: @FirstStateCamber
    Decorative SUPRA Metal logos - http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...gns&highlight=
    MKIV Fire Extinguisher Brackets -http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...dmin-Approved)

SupraForums Member
    Want to share my recent experience with CCW. I, like many others, read a lot of these horror stories prior to ordering my wheels. Initially I was going to order direct through CCW, but all these stories across multiple platforms scared me away from that. However, I REALLY wanted their LM5's for my Supra. I ended up ordering through a vendor mid February of this year. CCW quoted 6-8 weeks at that time. We had to pay the full price in advance, but I was prepared for that. About a week or two out from my initial lead time I reached out to the vendor to see if he heard any updates from CCW about shipping. He told me he had just inquired and CCW told him it was being pushed out another month. Frustrated that it took US to contact THEM to find that out, but ok I can live with that.

Now fast forward to the 8th week (original lead time) from the date of order placement and I come home from work to 4 large boxes sitting in the middle of my driveway. Yup, those were my wheels. CCW DID ship within the original window, however NO communication of shipping was ever provided to myself or the vendor as well as no signature required upon delivery. Now, luckily I live in a bit of a sectioned off sub-division with neighbors who are outdoors often, so nothing happened to my wheels, however, I was extremely pissed off that a set of $3200 wheels was just sitting in my driveway (not even under my covered porch- but thats a UPS issue), didn't require a signature and also we were never told they were shipping.

The wheels could have been stolen off my property and I would have been waiting another month until I anticipated them. Can you imagine the battle that would have been if I had to fight that?

My vendor was also displeased with their lack of communication and he sent them an email regarding it, also inquiring why no signature was required. CCW told him they'd "look into it", and of course that was the last we ever heard of it.

Long story short- my wheels arrived in time but the method of delivery was extremely unsatisfactory. I'm just lucky nothing happened to them.
    -04 Subaru WRX, 321 awhp
    -93 Supra Original TT, 394 whp

SupraForums Member
    ^oh and as an added bonus, the build date stamped on the wheels/tags was BEFORE the CCW rep told my vendor that they'd be pushed out an additional month. How is their system that bad that they couldn't track build status?

SupraForums Member
    That is unfortunate...the communication was excellent a few years ago when purchasing mine. I will be considering many options for my new wheels, I have no idea where to start... "Volk/Work/Advan" are really tempting at the moment.
    Last edited by TraumaB; 06-21-2017 at 01:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text