Supra Forums banner

New Radio, Speaker issues or wiring issues. HELP

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  dryvby 
#1 ·
Hey guys so after 10 long years of not having a radio i finally installed a Pioneer avh-7200 in my supra. The antenna finally came up, and you could finally hear the speakers switch on to low static.

After adjusting the settings on the head unit i was able to get some music to play but it sounded echoed, not only that but only on of the passenger side speakers was playing. (no other speakers worked)
After removing the seats and interior plastic i noticed the stock sub was disconnected, so i re-connected it and the Rear- Speaker and passenger rear side speaker work and with a little pop now,

Still echoes and drivers side will not play.

1994 Toyota Supra
Pioneer AVH-7200NEX
American International TWH14 Wiring Connector

Edit - Also have 6.5" Jensen speakers installed on the car i discovered when removing everything,
they seem to be wired up properly and connected though, so still not sure of the issue

Any direction guys? when connecting the pig tails i noticed that the wires for the speaker isn't used from the head unit to connect the American International TWH14 Harness. Is this the issue, where would i even connect them? i also have a random orange and black wire coming from the TWH14 side of the harness, should that be connected?
Thanks guys

See less See more
#2 ·
Does anyone think i should just replace my amp? or does anyone have experience with the TWH14 harness?

#3 · (Edited)
Start fresh. Ring out the oem harness feeding all speakers first. Then ohm out (voltage drop test) the wires. Operate the doors while watching the meter so to check hinge pass thru issues. Next, make sure all speakers are seeing the correct polarity (+'s and -'s). If this base troubleshooting is beyond your capabilities, find a good tech or very reputable shop (don't want damaged panels and fasteners.)
Echos, in my experience, are out of phase/cross phased fed speakers receiving multiple sources- i.e. + or multiple +'s and -'s from the source.

#4 ·
On second thought- i'd replace the wiring. Its the best solution, your symptoms are not worth troubleshooting, in my opinion. It may be overkill, but not expensive or difficult. Just takes a few hours.

#5 ·
im wondering if its how i wired in the head unit possibly or if my amp is damaged, replacing the wires might be a good idea though. do you mean that as replace the harnesses or the actual wires themselves? thanks for the response, still stuck with this. The little rear sub is always banging out while nothing else works

anyone recommend a good amp that will fit under a pair of sparcooo milanos?
looking for something small/slim and powerful

#6 ·
Ya could be one or both or neither. Yes- run new output wires from the harness that leaves your head unit that runs to your external, underseat amp. Then- run new wires to your speakers. Replace the amp while your at it if its factory. No reason to use it at this point. It could also be problematic. Don't throw it away tho- could be worth something to someone on here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.