Which brand clear bra do you use?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which brand clear bra do you use?

Which brand clear bra do you use?

I will be getting my front bumper painted soon and want to protect the investment with a clear bra.

I found one after a lengthy search a while back but i can't find it again.

It was pretty expensive too. A little over 800 dollars for the front bumper, front part of the hood, front part of the fenders, and the mirrors.

This 800 dollar one wasn't 3M, and i heard the 3M was cheaper but still the same quality. I can't find the 3M one though.

Which kind do you use?

Also could the paint gurus chime in on how long I should wait for my new paint to cure before I apply the clear bra?
    Last edited by methlabsupra; 04-20-2017 at 07:57 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    I have a clear bra from Xpel. After seeing my fellow friend and a1a owner Ken Henderson's car with it I was convinced this was the best way to preserve my paint. We both have it from the front bumper all the way back to the mirrors (No seems or lines). I do not know which brand he has. But it is something I wish I did earlier because I do have a few small chips on my hood from not being protected.

I don't drive the car a whole lot, but it is reassuring knowing that there is protection against debris and rock chips. The company I dealt with does both 3M and Xpel. They recommended the Xpel which also came with the a great warranty. When I walked in their work area, I was immediately humbled because I was surrounded by Lamborghini's, Ferrrari's, Rolls Royce etc. I was the only Toyota they had ever worked on Some of the cars were getting the entire car wrapped.

Just my $.02
    Click here to enlarge

Quote Originally Posted by cwtt View Post
    I have a clear bra from Xpel. After seeing my fellow friend and a1a owner Ken Henderson's car with it I was convinced this was the best way to preserve my paint. We both have it from the front bumper all the way back to the mirrors (No seems or lines). I do not know which brand he has. But it is something I wish I did earlier because I do have a few small chips on my hood from not being protected.

I don't drive the car a whole lot, but it is reassuring knowing that there is protection against debris and rock chips. The company I dealt with does both 3M and Xpel. They recommended the Xpel which also came with the a great warranty. When I walked in their work area, I was immediately humbled because I was surrounded by Lamborghini's, Ferrrari's, Rolls Royce etc. I was the only Toyota they had ever worked on Some of the cars were getting the entire car wrapped.

Just my $.02

Thanks for the info I will check them out

how much was it for your complete kit from xpel?

How much was the 3m?

Can I get links to both?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

I too became highly motivated by seeing Ken's 1A1 film-work. I recall it is Suntek product. I've done a lot of recent research on this issue, having now spent over $10k on doing 3 cars in the past 1 year alone (that $ figure includes ceramic coating on all 3 as well). AFAIK, 3M was left in the dust of film development over the last several years. First Xpel, then Suntek and Llumar started setting new standards for clarity and quality a while back. Most recently, Llumar bought Suntek for the clarity of their adhesive. Although the two are still marketed separately, they are now the same product. My installer (who also sells Xpel) thinks that currently Llumar Ultimate is the ah, ultimate

Check out the video in post #54 of this thread for a look at my most most recent result:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...veal-day/page3
    Click here to enlarge
    1998 QS 6MT; stock ECU/Hybrid Twins 556whp ; 5/06 - current
    1994 Alpine 6MT 414rwhp; 5/99 - 11/03
    DD 2014 WRB STi Hatch, 312 awhp
    BCC Tech: http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/bcc.../bcc_intro.htm

Quote Originally Posted by beezupra View Post
    I too became highly motivated by seeing Ken's 1A1 film-work. I recall it is Suntek product. I've done a lot of recent research on this issue, having now spent over $10k on doing 3 cars in the past 1 year alone (that $ figure includes ceramic coating on all 3 as well). AFAIK, 3M was left in the dust of film development over the last several years. First Xpel, then Suntek and Llumar started setting new standards for clarity and quality a while back. Most recently, Llumar bought Suntek for the clarity of their adhesive. Although the two are still marketed separately, they are now the same product. My installer (who also sells Xpel) thinks that currently Llumar Ultimate is the ah, ultimate

Check out the video in post #54 of this thread for a look at my most most recent result:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...veal-day/page3

Prices?

3M has recently made significant strides in clarity and texture. XPel is a market leader. Suntek/Llumar (same) is a leader. PremiumShield is popular.

Heres a good forum: https://www.tintdude.com/forum/forum...ear-bra-forum/

Expect to pay $1500-2500 on a full front end wrap, it can vary depending on your area and installer. Same as paint work.

1994 Supra Turbo

Click here to enlarge

Blog Entries
    I had the entire front end of my car wrapped in Suntek after it was repainted-hood, bumper, fenders. THey also did the a pillars, front part of the targa, mirrors, kick panels, brake ducts, and part of the rear quarter behind the rear tires. I believe it was around $1600.00 for everything.

Steve K.
    Click here to enlarge

1993.5 Anthracite 6 SPD//PRO EFI//PTE6766//3-Row//E-85Fuel Sys//PHR I/M//GSC//IP 10/1 motor//Manley//RPS C/C//CCW C14//Brembo BBK//TRD LSD//930WHP/38PSI
    2006 Lexus LS430 UL Package

SupraForums Member Evolved 6-speed's Avatar
    FWIW I was quoted $2000 for removal of my existing 7 year old xPel 1/2 hood, 3/4 bumper, and 1/2 mirror clear bra which included installation of a full hood, full bumper, and full mirror newer self-healing xPel film.

This was quoted to me about 1 year ago from an authorized xPel installer who has installed films on 3 cars for me.

Of note, my 7 year old xPel film is still pretty clean and clear, considering my Supra is white and it would be easy to discern any yellowing.

It is a garage queen though.
    1995 Super White Supra TT 6-Speed: 30,211 original miles & basically stock when bought......BPU since 2010 and beyond???

Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text