What's your track schedule this season?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's your track schedule this season?

SupraForums Member

What's your track schedule this season?

Let's liven up this forum section with your track events this year. What do you guys have planned? I'm currently registered/shooting for these HPDEs:

April 28-29: Dominion Raceway (VA)
    May 29-30: Pitt Race (PA)
    Sept 4-5: Watkins Glen (NY)
    Nov 2-3: VIR (VA)

May add one in the Summer (Mid Ohio or another at Pitt) depending on funds. The plan is to drive the FR-S for most of them but I think I'll bring the Supra for Watkins Glen. It'd be awesome to do something together if anyone here wants to come along. We are overdue for a Supraforums track day.

Also going to VIR in August for the IMSA race which is always a blast.
    95 | Alpine Silver | TT | 6sp | GReddy | HKS | Volk | Carbing | Do-Luck | Endless | Racelogic
    13 | Firestorm | FR-S

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SF Contributing Member bitshftr's Avatar
    HPDEs already done in 2017:
    • February 25/26, VIR (VA) Full Course and Grand Course with Tarheel Sports Car Club
    • April 21/22/23, VIR (VA) Full Course with Track Club USA

HPDEs still to run:
    • September 9/10, VIR (VA) Full Course with Tarheel Sports Car Club
    • November 11/12, VIR (VA) Full Course with Track Club USA

FWIW, both of these 2 clubs (Tarheel Sports Car Club and Track Club USA) put on great affordable events with lots of track time.

It would be nice to see some more Supras out at VIR.
    Last edited by bitshftr; 04-23-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    WTB (02/16/2015): OEM glass break sensor/mic.

1995 Supra NA, Baltic Blue, targa, TRD LSD, Recaro Sport seats, Cusco carbon fiber front/rear strut tower bars, 97+ front turns
    Passport hardwired, w/ amped remote speakers in seat harness slots
    Hidden/hardwired garage door opener w/ custom Supra dash button

1995 Supra TT, BPU+, Baltic Blue, targa, TRD front/Cusco rear strut tower bars, 98 headlights w/ 6k HIDs, 97+ front turns, BNR turbos, Tial BOV, HKS Super Drager exhaust, SSR Professor SP1 wheels, Racelogic TC, VPC/GCC
    Passport hardwired
    Hidden/hardwired garage door opener w/ custom Supra dash button
    Subtle white LED dash backlights

SupraForums Member
    This is one of those aspects I envy you folks east of the Mississippi... and perhaps the only one. Soooo many tracks within a half day's drive for a lot of you. So far my schedule is a little light:

-Sometime this summer, High Plains Raceway, east of Denver, with Skip Vassoler
    -Autocross at Supras In Vegas this September

I think High Plains and Utah Motorsports Campus (formerly Miller Motorsports Park) are the only tracks within 6 hours drive for me.
    -Brad
    87 Supra 1jz, monster in the making
    99 Miata DD, 46 Chevy Fleetmaster garage ornament

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Anyone going to Laguna Seca on the 26th? I am

Very Senior Member Silver Supra's Avatar
    I have had a long dry spell away from the track, due to selling one and buying another house, moving, and health issues.
    But that is officially ending now - I will be at Roebling Road (Savannah, GA) this month with Peachtree BMWCCA event on June 16-18. A bit warmer than I like, but this is as soon as I could get back out there.
    Of course, I used to live a lot closer to RRR when I lived east of Atlanta, but now I am over 500 miles away!
    I have another scheduled at Road Atlanta (w/JZILLA) on Friday, September 22.
    Trying to get a few more in the fall-Winter to avoid the heat!
    On a side note, I have had an extremely difficult time getting a SA2015 helmet in my size (3XL) and some manufacturers (like Bell) don't know if they will make a 2015 3XL!
    I did finally get one, but not exactly the brand I wanted, but whatever. (Don't tell anyone, but I might have the new one at tech and accidentally wear the old one on course.....Ssshhhhh)
    '94 T Auto Silver Bullet | 471 rwhp at 15.5 psi |

Quote Originally Posted by te72 View Post
    This is one of those aspects I envy you folks east of the Mississippi... and perhaps the only one. Soooo many tracks within a half day's drive for a lot of you. So far my schedule is a little light:

-Sometime this summer, High Plains Raceway, east of Denver, with Skip Vassoler
    -Autocross at Supras In Vegas this September

I think High Plains and Utah Motorsports Campus (formerly Miller Motorsports Park) are the only tracks within 6 hours drive for me.
    Now be nice!
    Of course, another advantage to living in the Southeast is the almost total lack of ice and snow! We drive our Supras all year long!!

I'll be doing HPDEs
    - PCA event at Pocono raceway June 23-25
    - Audi club event at Pocono raceway July 15 (Twilight - get to race in afternoon and at night!).

Will either take the Supra of the 2jz Z4. Hope to meet one of you there?
    Andre

2JZ in a BMW Z4 Project -> http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...1-BMW-Z4-Build
    PTE6768 RSP MKIV - 845whp/Pump/Meth -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6HEN...eature=related
    Start your supra with a push button -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n6F-owxgyY
    MKIV LED Parking Light project -> http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=513572

"I'd rather be a famous drunk than an anonymous alcoholic..."

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Supra View Post
    Now be nice!
    Of course, another advantage to living in the Southeast is the almost total lack of ice and snow! We drive our Supras all year long!!
    Haha, had to re-read my post to see what you were getting at. It's just, you're closer to Florida than I'd ever be comfortable with.

I grew up driving Supras all year round. They make fantastic winter cars if you have the right tires on them. Of course, I'd only recommend it if you live in an area that doesn't use corrosives for snow and ice removal...

Anyhow, enjoy your track season everybody! I'll be doing the first (ever) legitimate autocross here locally later this summer. May not seem like a big thing to anyone on here, but the idea of having a motorsports event that isn't on dirt is a BIG deal for me, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by te72 View Post
    Haha, had to re-read my post to see what you were getting at. It's just, you're closer to Florida than I'd ever be comfortable with.

Yeah - once you get 50 miles south into Florida, it becomes the NE transplanted, not the Southeast anymore.

a SA2015 helmet in my size (3XL)
    That's a big head! Welcome back to the track. I know you've missed it.

Right on both counts!! My 3XL is actually tight - I had the liner out shaving some of the styrofoam filler yesterday.

Is this you?

Quote Originally Posted by bitshftr View Post
    Is this you?

LOL - close - but not quite! I have lots of hair to complicate things!
    BTW - I pulled out my previous SA2005 helmet box and noticed it is actually a 4XL - no wonder this 3XL is tight!
    Anyone want to trade?

Anyway, I am starting packing my trailer today! I hope I can find the lug nuts for the stock wheels, since that is what my R-comps are on!!

I have 4 SA2005 helmets which are no longer allowed Had to buy 2015.

Had a decent time at RRR this weekend. The event and track time was good and it was good to be back in the saddle!
    Down side (1) appeared when I broke some suspension parts on the trailer about an hour away from the track Friday afternoon. I decided we could limp to the track and then worry about fixing it. We had trouble in getting hold of someone who could either fix it or supply parts. A nice guy there (Duane at Walker Welding and Trailer Repair) met me at his shop on Sunday at 7:30am to get parts.
    Down side (2) appeared when I could not get an instructor to ride with me Sat morning since I had never been at the track. A couple of comically bad sessions on street tires occurred before I got a good intro from "Wolfgang" in the third session (on R-compounds).
    Down side (3) appeared after I put my driver seat forward looking for something Saturday afternoon, but it refused to go back! Messed with it a while and did the manual adjustments to get it into a position I could drive, but it cost me the Sun morning session.
    Session 2 was going much cleaner and faster, but then I started getting some terrible bouncing in the front steering - totally wore my arms out fighting it in every turn. Finally hung it up for the day so we could repair the trailer suspension and head home. Got the car to a shop here, pulled the race wheels off, and found the left front tire was separating - the cause of my arms being worn out now! Lucky I did not lose it earlier.
    Anyway, I think both tie rods also need replacing, so not the best weekend I have ever had!
    I still had great fun getting back into the groove - even a bouncy one!
    With all else going on, I have no video - the best of which would have been the 2 easily recoverable "offs" and two violent spins and offs ( one caused by my instructor grabbing the wheel!!!!). He apologized but noted I handled it real well!
    Last edited by Silver Supra; 06-21-2017 at 10:48 PM. Reason: corrected trailer place name

one caused by my instructor grabbing the wheel!!!!
    Yikes! As an instructor, I know that is a huge no-no. Why the hell did he do that? Was he convinced that you couldn't get your arms around your huge head?

Quote Originally Posted by bitshftr View Post
    Yikes! As an instructor, I know that is a huge no-no. Why the hell did he do that? Was he convinced that you couldn't get your arms around your huge head?
    I have had a couple of instructors in the distant past hold the wheel (with notice) to help show their line, but his one was abrupt and unexpected just as I was braking before turn out and power out of a curve. He meant well, but bad timing.
    My head had shrunk a bit after the first two sessions hunting for lines!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text