Real Street Performance - Exclusive RPS Clutch Distributor for the Toyota Supra!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Real Street Performance - Exclusive RPS Clutch Distributor for the Toyota Supra!!

Real Street Performance - Exclusive RPS Clutch Distributor for the Toyota Supra!!

We are pleased to announce that we are now the Exclusive Authorized Distributor for RPS Carbon Carbon Clutches!

For over a decade RPS has constantly been evolving their Carbon Carbon for the Supra to adapt to the ever changing demands from the Supra community. The latest rendition of this is their new floating center hub design on the already popular Billet Pressure plate models. For a street car there is no better clutch in terms of pedal feel, longevity or service. Say goodbye to a clutch that requires you have hulk legs to drive around town. This clutch will retain near OEM pedal feel, is ultra slippable to make street driving a breeze. Designed to work with all OEM hydraulics (master/slave) to make installation quick and easy.

These clutches are manufactured right here in the USA and ALL models are presently in stock and ready for immediate shipment! Should you ever need a rebuild they are fully serviceable with a 1-2 week turnaround time from the date they receive it in California.

The models listed in the video are ready for immediate shipment with more models coming in the future! For those who wish to rev well beyond this models capability as well as a version for T56 converted cars and drag racers stay tuned!!

Feel free to call, email or send us a text to get your clutch shipped today!!

Robert
    www.RealStreetPerformance.com
    Email: Robert@realstreetperformance.com
    Work: 407-695-7223 x122
    Cell (Whatsapp / Text / iMessage): 321-295-4728

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Blog Entries
    Awesome job RSP.

Steve

1993.5 Anthracite 6 SPD//PRO EFI//PTE6766//3-Row//E-85Fuel Sys//PHR I/M//GSC//IP 10/1 motor//Manley//RPS C/C//CCW C14//Brembo BBK//TRD LSD//930WHP/38PSI
    2009 BMW 535i Sport FBO

SupraForums Member
    what is Real Street's opinion regarding snap ring failure?
    Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else. Whenever somebody receives something without working for it, somebody else has to work for it without receiving. The worst thing that can happen to a nation is for half of the people to get the idea they don't have to work because somebody else will work for them, and the other half to get the idea that it does no good to work because they don't get to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
    - Adrian Rogers

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Snap ring failure is typically related to over revving the clutch kit. It is after all an OEM release bearing and snap rings and it is simply not intended to be revved to the moon. That is why once we have finalized testing the Tilton Slave model will be the route to go if you plan to bump the rev limit a significant amount.

Robert

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert@RSP View Post
    Snap ring failure is typically related to over revving the clutch kit. It is after all an OEM release bearing and snap rings and it is simply not intended to be revved to the moon. That is why once we have finalized testing the Tilton Slave model will be the route to go if you plan to bump the rev limit a significant amount.

Robert

very cool.

you guys gonna beat on them at the strip during testing?

That would be a question better suited for Jay since he will be doing all the testing after all haha. I'm sure main concern is that it can be shifted at high RPM since that has been the RPS's primary downfall. There are quite a few guys who drag race with their Gen2 Billet Pressure plate triples that I know of without issues.

Robert

So there will possibly be a conversion set up for this clutch to work like the Tilton and Clutchmasters
    That would be nice...snap rings suck

Correct. We have a test clutch landing this week that we will be installing to make sure that all works as it should.

Robert

subscribed!

I have an RPS triple that apparently has spit out the snap rings.. Definitely interested in the tilton slave option as I am revving to about 8K rpm.
    1993 Ren. Red 6spd Turbo - 17,000 original miles
    Built 3.0 / Ferrea valvetrain
    Virtual works dual re-circ manifold / PTE 6870 / SP Intake Manifold / ID 1700 / RPS Triple Carbon / PRO-EFI Flex Fuel / 4" HKS Ti
    Stoptech / CCW C10 / 940 RWHP

There are some guys who have put small tack welds on either side of the snap ring to combat it spitting out the snap rings and have had good luck. Nothing that I personally have had experience with to say do it but I have seen it countless times.

Robert

There are some guys who have put small tack welds on either side of the snap ring to combat it spitting out the snap rings and have had good luck. Nothing that I personally have had experience with to say do it but I have seen it countless times.

Robert
    Do you all sell these rings / washer / RPS bearing and sleeve?

I think in the meantime I might just take the transmission down and reassemble with all the parts until the tilton setup is available.

For reference here is what I removed from the transmission through the inspection cover; 4 rings total. 2 metal c-clips, 1 metal ring and a fiber type ring. Not sure if anything else is missing...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170513_133850.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	202306Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170513_133129.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	202314Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170513_132224.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	202322

Absolutely. Send me over a message with your name, email and zip. I can send you an estimate on a new release bearing setup from them.

Robert

Absolutely. Send me over a message with your name, email and zip. I can send you an estimate on a new release bearing setup from them.

Robert
    Pm'd

Thanks for the order Zboost! Anything else you need don't hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Robert

When will we see feedback on the revised Tilton TOB Assembly used with RPS twin/triple assemblies?

DP
    Last edited by Suprafied; 05-31-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    Do more with less......

'95 Toyota Supra TT 6-spd Targa JRR/MoTeC M130 , AP 3.4L, SP F1, Tilton, Precision, Recaro, HKS ID, Boostlogic, PHR, ETS....
    My Build Thread

'16 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport
    '09 Dodge Ram 3500 QCLB Dually 6.7 CTD EFI Live by Anarchy
    '05 Toyota Camry XLE

We have one in a car now getting some use to confirm all is well before we officially release it so stay tuned!

Robert

SF Contributing Member xtoefield's Avatar
    scaring Flicktitty from bowling rematches
    We have one in a car now getting some use to confirm all is well before we officially release it so stay tuned!

Robert
    any update on this Robert?
    Daily: '13 Macbook Pro Numbers-750GB@5400RPM, Weekend: '90 MK3

Quote Originally Posted by miss_supra95 View Post
    Ugh, got my first dick.

Quote Originally Posted by xtoefield View Post
    any update on this Robert?
    I sent a request to get the current status of testing. I will update you as soon as I hear back. It may be until Monday before I have something to post up.

Robert

SupraForums Member
    looking forward to hearing the results on this !!
    A.K.A. TaintedSC

An out of line 2J
    Awesome news, thanks Robert. I'll be in touch soon, need to plan quick turnaround clutch rebuild later this summer!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text