Supra Forums banner

Targa top damage, options?

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  dwheelock 
#1 ·
So a crummy set of events happens last night and my seibon hood flew off and damaged my targa top
Everywhere I look it says this should be aluminum, mine obviously wasn't. So I did a quick search last night and seems this is not an easy part to find. What do you think my options are with this top, is it repairable?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow sorry to see this.. everything is fixable but I would most likely find another one. I'm not a big body filler (bondo) person and with what these cars are worth I'd want it done right. There is a few oem ones on eBay I saw as I was searching for the roof tool.

Joe

#4 ·
How much will you sell me the damage one for? I can use it to experiment since the one on my car leaks.

#10 ·
There is a member here who makes high quality CF products and one of them was a CF targa top. I'm not sure if he plans to sell a lot of them but based on his craftsmanship; that would be the route I would take if he is willing. Lighter, stronger, and overall better.

Where so many OEM parts are becoming scarce I guess it never hurts (except the wallet) to buy a new OEM one as well.

Here is the CF one:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?984361-Full-Carbon-Fiber-Roof-MKIV

#14 ·
The targa top is absolutely aluminum, just like the hood. If you have the Toyota body repair manual it shows that those parts are aluminum, thus why they are so light. Yours doesn't appear to be aluminum, is it?
Mine is definitely not aluminum, so i am curious when it became a non factory item. But lucky for me there were 5 new tops ( 63201-14060 $1147.00) so i ordered a new one from Toyota. I like all factory parts, although I do think i will have the damaged one repaired at the local body shop also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.