Issue with control arms

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issue with control arms

Issue with control arms

My order number was 50992167. The order was on 8/26/2016.
    It was 2 lower control arms for my 2001 Tundra.

I had ordered these and they just sat in my garage in the original packaging since that date. We had a baby and I just did not have the time to mess with it. I should have inspected the parts when they arrived, but so many of my friends' repair facilities and I have ordered from Rock Auto for years with so much success that I did not even feel the need to 'double check'. That was on me, it was a trust thing.

Yesterday I went to install these(along with a number of other things) and realized that these control arms must have been mis-packaged. The design is completely different. So I emailed customer service and they gave me the 30 day return policy and that was about the end of it. So I am coming on here to see if I can get any help.
    No need for money back, I would just like the correct lower control arms. I have no idea what these fit.
    Seems the correct item(s) were ordered, just simply mis-packaged.
    I realize that this is such a long time ago and is far out of the 30 day return policy, but any help would be appreciated. These are still in the packaging.

Thanks in advance!
    Billy
    LS/T56 swapped 1979 Trans AM
    1995 HT SUPRA SOLD
    1997 SUPRASP74GTS,272 CAMS 761RWHP@25lbs SOLD
    11.1@125 18lbs
    www.faskingperformance.com
    Click here to enlargeBilly's Supra dyno
    2002 LEXUS IS300 SOLD
    Click here to enlarge

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Site Sponsor
    RockAuto has a 30 day return policy, therefore, we are unable to accept returns or make exchanges past 30 days. Thank you.

A+ service!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RockAuto View Post
    RockAuto has a 30 day return policy, therefore, we are unable to accept returns or make exchanges past 30 days. Thank you.
    Regardless of the items not even fitting my vehicle?

Can you at least tell me what these things fit so I can do something with them? As it is now, they are ugly paper weights.

The conversation was moved to private messaging and all the customer service has been very robotic, just like the emails I received before posting on here.

It goes something like this:

RA: We do not resolve order issues via forum postings. Thank you.
    ME: No problem. We can resolve it in private messaging. What can you do? I have no clue what these fit. I'd be willing to pay a re-stocking fee if need be toward the correct parts(which are actually what was ordered, just not shipped).
    RA: We do not resolve order issues via online forums. All order issues are to be reported on the order status & returns page. Thank you.
    ME: I am unable to do that due to the age of the purchase. There has to be some customer service involved somewhere. How do I get in contact with a customer service rep? It all seems to be automated.
    RA: As mentioned by three of our customer service representatives via email, we are unable to accept a return or exchange your parts at this time. Thank you.
    ME: The answers were very robotic as are yours. I was hoping that Rock Auto being a big company would be able to do something to retain a customer(especially given the parts received were mis-packaged) regardless of a '30 day rule'.
    So basically, this is my fault for trusting Rock Auto and not double checking parts. I will not be doing that again and I do appreciate the very limited customer service I have received.

I do not recall 3 representatives, but none the less when you order from Rock Auto do not expect much customer service. Expect representatives that can read from a script and not much else.

This is my fault for not double checking and going past the 30 days, but it is their fault for mis-packaging and not standing by any of it.

After numerous calls and emails, I finally got through to a gentleman that said we could do something about this. Looks like they will be sending me good ones whenever they receive the old ones back. I sent them yesterday so I assume they will see them later this week.

It looks like the issue will be resolved. It was a lot harder than it should have been, but part of that had to be it being past the 30 day point.

I'll go ahead and delete this thread if you like.

You need to get control of yO arms.....

Quote Originally Posted by Supralative View Post
    You need to get control of yO arms.....

HAHA. Pretty good pretty good!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text