MVP Motorsports Gone?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MVP Motorsports Gone?

SupraForums Member

MVP Motorsports Gone?

No longer sponsoring the forum? Anyone heard about this? I thought they were trying to get there rep back with everyone on here after some past issues.

Limitless Production Racing

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

I'm not serious
    Administrator
    They may be back, there is some paperwork to iron out.

Banned
    What happened?

I was about to make some large purchases through them in the coming months.

Should i hold off/order elsewhere?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tical View Post
    No longer sponsoring the forum? Anyone heard about this? I thought they were trying to get there rep back with everyone on here after some past issues.

We aren't going anywhere guys! Its just a paperwork thing like FasTTurbo said. We were never told our contract had expired, so instead of being approached about a new contract they just removed the MVP section. No warning, no heads up, nothing. But that's a topic for a different day - the point is we're coming back, probably tomorrow (signatures pending).

Nothing is more important to me than the rep of my company. I feel we HAVE gotten our rep back. In 18 years of business we had a 1 year blip on our radar of some really bad employees and things happen. Its extremely well documented right here on the forums the resolution to every issue. All the bad apples are long gone, no one has had any issues since then and they won't. I am here every day making sure of it and that's not ever going to change again.

Thanks,

Dusty

Quote Originally Posted by methlabsupra View Post
    What happened?

I was about to make some large purchases through them in the coming months.

Should i hold off/order elsewhere?

Please contact me directly for any questions about parts for your Supra. I've been around SupraForums since 2001, started my company in 1999, and bought my first Supra in 1998 (which I still have today). I will take great care of any parts you need before, during, and after the sale. MVP will be back on the forums in the next 1-2 business days, and I look forward to hearing from you whenever you're ready.

Cheers,

Dusty

SupraForums Member
    We just did spend a good bit with MVP...all items were fine, arrived on time, etc. Had one question and it was answered right away. Very good to talk with folks who've been in the Supra game a LONG LONG time and provided options/answers based on that knowledge whereas at some places they are just parts slingers. <shrug>

Just our experience, but MVP is always our first call.

Costas
    cars and such...

Very Senior Member Silver Supra's Avatar
    Some newer members may not know that MVP was the sole sponsor for SF back in the early, wild & wooly days of SF!
    '94 T Auto Silver Bullet | 471 rwhp at 15.5 psi |

From the land down under Mr Ree NZ's Avatar
    A shame to see how this was handled, in regard to the "auto remove" from the forums, rather than simply communicating about a new contract.

I guess this could be the result of when such a large company buy up lots of forums, and it all just becomes business, and everything and everyone just becomes a number.

Hope its resolved asap for MVP, and the forum.

SupraForums Member rizinphoenix's Avatar
    Found it odd that they disappeared too. I thought MVP was the reason supraforums could continue to run at times, especially the early days. Had a few orders with Dusty through MVP over the years. Never had an issue. Glad everything is getting resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ree NZ View Post
    A shame to see how this was handled, in regard to the "auto remove" from the forums, rather than simply communicating about a new contract.

I guess this could be the result of when such a large company buy up lots of forums, and it all just becomes business, and everything and everyone just becomes a number.

Hope its resolved asap for MVP, and the forum.
    As far as forum owners go, the staff that the Admin and Mod team works with have been very responsive and honestly pretty good to work with. They ask for the opinions of the admin and mod team before making decisions on a great deal of things behind the scenes, and that's helped keep this place on an even keel in a big way.
    Yes, the 'auto remove' with MVP was unfortunate but it's a brief hiccup, it's getting fixed very quickly, and it wasn't the first such incident with a sponsor, nor do I think it'll be the last. Such is the nature of technology where all it takes is one fat-fingered date entry to cause a problem like this.

What matters most is that the owners are very quick to address these problems, and that they truly value the input of the mod team and of the forum as a whole. I've never once felt like this forum or any of its members were 'just a number' to them.

On another, happier note - it's damn good to see Dusty back behind wheel at MVP!
    Jeff
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, chicks and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." -- George Best
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    Who would have ever thought.....the impact an automobile can make.....

From the land down under Mr Ree NZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless View Post
    As far as forum owners go, the staff that the Admin and Mod team works with have been very responsive and honestly pretty good to work with. They ask for the opinions of the admin and mod team before making decisions on a great deal of things behind the scenes, and that's helped keep this place on an even keel in a big way.
    Yes, the 'auto remove' with MVP was unfortunate but it's a brief hiccup, it's getting fixed very quickly, and it wasn't the first such incident with a sponsor, nor do I think it'll be the last. Such is the nature of technology where all it takes is one fat-fingered date entry to cause a problem like this.

What matters most is that the owners are very quick to address these problems, and that they truly value the input of the mod team and of the forum as a whole. I've never once felt like this forum or any of its members were 'just a number' to them.

On another, happier note - it's damn good to see Dusty back behind wheel at MVP!
    Thanks for that feedback, Jeff, and its really good to hear your opinion on things. Very assuring

Quote Originally Posted by rizinphoenix View Post
    Found it odd that they disappeared too. I thought MVP was the reason supraforums could continue to run at times, especially the early days. Had a few orders with Dusty through MVP over the years. Never had an issue. Glad everything is getting resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Supra View Post
    Some newer members may not know that MVP was the sole sponsor for SF back in the early, wild & wooly days of SF!

We also had real mods back then, too. (like me!)

We also had real mods back then, too. (like me!)

You were one of the best, forever burned into the minds of many people you whacked with the ban stick I'm sure, LOL.

On another note, I'm happy to say MVP is back on top of the Sponsor section where we belong.

SupraForums Member mkivsoopratt's Avatar
    Can MVP change their advertisement banner from the ricer eclipse spyder to something a little more Supra related??

1995 Toyota Supra Single Turbo 6 Speed Hardtop VVTI

2017 Toyota Tacoma V6

Quote Originally Posted by mkivsoopratt View Post
    Can MVP change their advertisement banner from the ricer eclipse spyder to something a little more Supra related??

Wow, great. They also put up the wrong banner. Thanks for noticing and bringing it up.

They also deleted my signature when they abruptly removed us. I have NO IDEA what all was in that signature, I had lots of hot-links and great info in it, so I get to start that over from scratch too.

www.MVPmotorsports.com
    Phone: 940-222-5499
    Email me

Quote Originally Posted by rizinphoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by V8 Killer View Post
    Wow, great. They also put up the wrong banner. Thanks for noticing and bringing it up.

They also deleted my signature when they abruptly removed us. I have NO IDEA what all was in that signature, I had lots of hot-links and great info in it, so I get to start that over from scratch too.
    Need to go back in the time machine to capture the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by mkivsoopratt View Post
    HAH. We didn't set that, at least not in this decade.

How's this?

IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR Daniel's Avatar
    I'm glad to see MVP getting back to being a great company. Good Luck guys

Project: BADMTHRFUKR by OCDWORKS =OCD CNC Race Head, Big Port Hypertune Intake Mani 102mm TB, Veilside TITANIUM exhaust, OCD Polished TITANIUM Long Rods w/625 Bolts, OCD Custom 10.5.1 JE Pistons, JUN 272 10.8 Lift Cams, 2150cc FIC Injectors, WELDON 2345 External Fuel Pump, 2-NX Carbon Fiber Bottles for 100 Shot Wet Kit & FMIC Sprayer, TRD Diff w/ OCD Billet Diff Cover, DSS Pro-Series 3.5'' Chromoly DS, 15" WELD RTS Wheels 325/50/15 MT Drag Radials,18" HRE Wheels BF Drag Radials for Street. Follow My Build on INSTAGRAM @BADMTHRFUKR

SupraForums Member
    Two orders two fucks ups, surprised they are still in business.

How you even screw up sending taillights.
    Black 95 6spd TT

Quote Originally Posted by NextBoost View Post

What are you talking about?
    Last edited by V8 Killer; 06-22-2017 at 02:30 PM.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by V8 Killer View Post
    What are you talking about?
    two transaction's.

One being tails. Takes a special bunch to mess up sending taillights. There's two of them fyi lol.

two transaction's.

One being tails. Takes a special bunch to mess up sending taillights. There's two of them fyi lol.

Ok, well that doesn't tell me much, I was hoping to find out what we actually did wrong so I could look into it, see how it occurred, and work to make sure we don't make that mistake again. Sounds like it was something that happened a long time ago? We're human, we make mistakes. If we mis-shipped you something we fix it. My apology for any inconvenience our shipping mistake caused you.

Yep! I ordered a few times from MVP back in the day. Volk TE37 18" and Tein coilovers. I'm sure MVP is back on track.
    1994 Toyota Supra RZ - TT auto hard top (JDM)
    2001 Acura Integra Type R 01-1233 (CDM)

two transaction's.

With your non-attention to detail and/or lack of comprehension, I can see how anyone might fail to understand what you were ordering.
    Dusty was trying to track down any problem you may have had, but seems you just want to bitch. Take it to a proper thread.
    (You are lucky I am not a mod anymore!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text