Supra Forums banner

4" Full titanium exhaust

14K views 114 replies 38 participants last post by  Scorch 
#1 ·
Guys,

please sound off if you interested in a piece like this.

Most of the prototyping is done, and I am curious what kind of reception there is going to be.

Its a full 4" exhuast, similar in design to the HKS Ti.

Its FULL Ti construction, including the hangers and hardware (its tricklicious).

Pricing is going to be inline with other highend exhausts (Eg HKS, Top Secret, etc).

We also have 4" DP capability in the near future, this one is a little further out, becuase we are weighing different turbo kits and recirc vs non-recirc.

Dylan

#14 ·
i'm in. special discount if you buy dp and exhaust together? :D

willthere be any provisions for bungs which could come with the exhaust? most people have at least an egt sensor, or a/f sensor that will need to be put in the mix. also, have you decided what route the pipign will take? will it be the same as the hks etc?

#16 ·
Like I said earlier, I'm sure most of us would buy it over the HKS or Veilside if it were almost as light as the Veilside and flowed/sounded as nice as the HKS. You would have a hot item on your hands if you offered that!

I'm sure it can't be just as light as the Veilside because thhe 4" piping will be quite a bit heavier than the smaller piping Veilside uses.

#17 ·
Count me in, especially if we can get a Exhaust/downpipe combo going. The bungs I'm not to worried about since you usually end up tapping it because of wrong thread or different size. Most improtant to me is it fit a HKS type header and weight/piping size.

Let us know,

Enrique M.
97TT6spd BPU

#18 ·
answers to most questions below:

Peter B: no pics of production exhuast yet, should have them in the next 20 days or so.

The exhaust is going to weigh a couple lbs more than the Veilside (13 lbs or so)

The exhaust can will be ours, straight through turbo muffler style, full TI contruction

Downpipe for Greddy is on the radar screen. If I can get 5 people interested, I will make them

Greg - we essentially did just that, the HKS can is too expensive, so we made our own.

I will be able to add Bungs as requested. There will be a discount for a full exhuast purchase.

We will actually be offering an option on our turbo kit for the full TI piping (Ti header, also!)

Please keep the questions coming!

#20 ·
Dylan: so it will weigh approximately 13 lbs., are these projected numbers or a working progress? Also, what will this exhaust sound similiar to (in the sense of comparison to another exhaust system)? I would be interested in purchasing the entire kit (exhaust and DP) are you aiming at making this compatable with a SP kit (I know you mentioned, just attempting to follow up)? Also, you stated it will be similar in design to the HKS Ti exhaust system, if it sounds similar to the HKS Ti (assuming) is it a deeper or lighter tone? Thanks!

Joe

#21 ·
LLCoolJ94 said:
Dylan: so it will weigh approximately 13 lbs., are these projected numbers or a working progress? Also, what will this exhaust sound similiar to (in the sense of comparison to another exhaust system)? I would be interested in purchasing the entire kit (exhaust and DP) are you aiming at making this compatable with a SP kit (I know you mentioned, just attempting to follow up)? Also, you stated it will be similar in design to the HKS Ti exhaust system, if it sounds similar to the HKS Ti (assuming) is it a deeper or lighter tone? Thanks!

Joe

13 lbs is a good #, it wont move around more than a 1lb from that.

The sound should be similar to the HKS, a little raspier, and a touch louder.

The entire kit will be on the order of $1900-2200. The downpipe is actually tougher than the exhaust.

What kind of v-band are you guys running? My turbo uses a 4" vaband, so it goes right on.

Dylan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.