Car is jerking at low speed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Car is jerking at low speed

SupraForums Member

Car is jerking at low speed

I know this has been brought up a number of times, but my symtoms are difffernt from others. Anyway, could anybody explain why my car jerks when the car is in gear moving forward at a walking pace. The car starts jerking everytime I start to come to a stop with the car still in gear, probabaly below 1200 rpm's.

I replaced the throttlebody and throttle position sensor, and I have no codes the last time I checked. Can someone give me some idea of why my car is acting like its having a seisure at low speeds? Could it be my recent clutch installation?
    -92 supra turbo
    Built 7M/6262 495rwhp pump gas
    2011 Mustang GT
    399rwhp-ready for boost

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Lightning
    maybe with clutch pedal in your clutch isnt fully disengaged?

mine does it too. i think its something to do with the fact the engine is getting no throttle, so it wants to slow down to idle, but with the clutch still engaged, it cant slow down... or something like that. anyways, its normal i think. my mk3 does it, my sprint does it, most manual cars ive driven do it, some worse than others.

NeverNZ
    my friends civic does it, but i dont know about mine, i'll check tonight

SupraForums Member
    I know manual cars have a natural tendency to do this, but my car never did it so severly like it does now. Low speed driveability flat out sucks now. Its almost like an on/off switch is being triggered.

i have to slip the clutch under 1200 rpms, or just put the clutch pedal in and let the car roll... maybe its worse becuase you have an aftermarket clutch?

SupraForums Member
    Heres what Im thinking might be the problem. Check out page 3 on the lower right hand side. http://www.wellsmfgcorp.com/counterp...erpoint3_3.pdf

SupraForums Member
    I am thinking it is the adjustment of the TPS. The adjustment controls how far open the throttle is when the ECU decides that it is at idle (the IDL switch closes). If it is out of adjustment, it might go to idle with the throttle too far open. If the RPMs are up there, it will fuel cut. So, you go from driving at part throttle to completely cutting the fuel instead of going from nearly closed throttle to completely cutting the fuel.

Did you adjust the TPS with thickness gauges as prescribed in the manual?

monnwok
    auto or manual. if manual it might be a warp flywheel that is chattering.

SupraForums Member
    Its not the TPS. Ive adjusted it multiple times and replaced it with no success.

Monnwork, it is a manual, and my SPEC2 clutch chatters like crazy, so my flywheel might be warped.

What I do notice is that the jerking gets worse when the engine has been running for a while. I also noticed that after running it for a while my idle RPM's bounce up and down bwtween about 500 and 700RPM's like it wants to stall. Maybe that has something to do with it. Any other ideas are welcome.

+ Reply to Thread