Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Best/Easiest medical excuse for tint waiver?

96K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  FastTurbo 
#1 ·
Hey All,

Got my windows tinted recently, and got a ticket in the first 30 days driving with it....Must be time for a medical waiver. I'm in DE, so you pick up a form from DMV and have a doctor sign off on some sort of problem that makes you require the tint. So, what is the easiest and best "medically necessary" condition which will get me off the hook?

Thanks in advance,

#2 ·
my dad has one pupil that has been diolated (sp) since he got an elbow in the eye playing football when he was a kidl. I guess diolated pupils would be a good reason for the tint. My dad has to wear sunglasses when he's in the car. Umm you could get an eye exam, go to another doctor with diolated pupils and say a couple weeks ago you fell down during a thumb wrestling match that got out of hand.

#4 ·
You're a Vampire. The sun is hazardous to your health.

#9 ·
how dark is your tint anyway? If you really like your tint, well then just pay the ticket and be done with it. It's not a moving a violation so won't be on your record, BUT you can get pulled the very next day and you are back to ground zero.

#12 ·
Whenever the officer comes to the window when you get pulled over, just stare over his right shoulder...and always keep a cane and a seeing eye dog on hand...When asked just say you couldnt see the tint...

#14 ·
VickSupra said:
poke your eyes with a stick until they hurt bad.
Then get a doctor to prescribe dark tint!

Or - just go legal. There is a good reason for tint limits.
This comes straight from a DA's mouth. The reason the tint has a limit isn't to protect the drive. It's to protect the policeman. If a cop pulls you over and you have limo tint and your window is rolled up, the drive could be pointing a gun straight at him and he wouldn't know until he was shot, or the door was opened.

#15 ·
MoogieBoogie said:
Some states, such as NJ, don't allow any tint at all.
i have a medical tint slips and its signed by my doctor and the dmv approved it. im allowed to have tints on my front windows

-Brett

#18 ·
nice i never knew you could do that! My neighbor is a dermatologist, just say your getting photorejuvenation (sp) which makes your skin extremly sensitive to light....Ill remeber that, I have 20% on the front windows and 5% on the hatch and quater windows, the only bad thing is its hard to see when backing up at night but it looks good.

#19 ·
The policeman story is a bunch of BS. I could drive around in a full size work van with no rear windows high off the ground and cops would never be able to see in. Also, SUVs are so dark in the back nowadays. The law should state that if you have tint you must roll down all windows and place your hands on top of your head. If you dont, back-up will be called and you will be dragged out of your car and sent to jail. This way you can keep the tint and police will be safe.

#20 ·
Wanna know how bored i am????

This should be a pretty good test.

Here are the laws for EACH stat according to how dark you can tint you windows.

I'm getting this info from Sport Compact Car October 2003. So, the law could have changed by then.

Here we go.
State/ Front window%/Rear Window%

AL 32/32
AK NA/37
AZ 33/any
AR 25/25
CA 70/Any
CO 27/Any or 27 if front is tented
CT 35/35
DC 70/50
DE 70/any
FL 28/15
GA 32/32
HI 29/29
IA 70/any
ID 35/20
IL none/any
IN 30/30
KS 35/35
KY 35/18
LA 40/25
MA 35/35
MD 35/35
ME 50/50
MI 4in/From Top edge?????/any
MN 50/50
MO 35/any
MS 35/35
MT 35/20
NC 35/35
ND none/any
NE 35/20
NH none/35
NJ none/any
NM 20/20
NV 35/any
NY 70/70
OH 50/50
OK 25/25
OR 35/35
PA 70/70
RI 70/70
SC 27/27
SD 35/20
TN 35/35
TX 35/35
UT 43/any
VT none/any
VA 50/35
WA 35/35
WI 50/35
WV 35/35
WY 28/28

That covers all the info that I have on tinting.

Now, i've had my windows at 6% since i've been 16. I've been pulled over more times that i would like to remember and i've NEVER had an offecer even comment about the windows. So, it just depends on how strictly YOUR state or even county enforces the law.

#22 ·
I understand all this....

Look, All,

My cousin is a cop, so I know the tint is for the police protection, and not mine.....My tint is really not that dark, i.e. it's not limo tint, but it is still darker than what the law allows for without a waiver....I have a black Supra, and the "legal" tint would not have accessorized my car the right way.

I am not a thug or a gangster, I just like the looks of tint I have chosen for my black ride.....I was just wondering who in other states nearby have gotten medical waivers and what the reasoning was for it that DMV accepted, that's all. I find it odd that southern states allow for more tint, as the cars are more subject to light damage due to the cars being exposed for more of the year.....I guess they have cops with X-ray vision in FLA. The comment of rolling the windows down before the police approach the vehicle is actually a pretty plausible point. Thanks for keeping this alive, guys.

Later,

#25 ·
Pagstturbo said:
The policeman story is a bunch of BS. I could drive around in a full size work van with no rear windows high off the ground and cops would never be able to see in. Also, SUVs are so dark in the back nowadays. The law should state that if you have tint you must roll down all windows and place your hands on top of your head. If you dont, back-up will be called and you will be dragged out of your car and sent to jail. This way you can keep the tint and police will be safe.
Wrong.
The tint law is to protect the cop.
Your logic would mean that someone who would violate the tint law would be the one to obey the "roll down all windows and place your hands on top of your head" law.
Riiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhttt.
And lawyer income would increase exponentially with that "back-up will be called and you will be dragged out of your car and sent to jail" part.

#26 ·
Shostakovich33 said:
GA no longer has a limit :) MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
OMG :eek: ALL THE COPS ARE GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.