small hole in my transmission?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: small hole in my transmission?

SupraForums Member

small hole in my transmission?

I went under my car today and theres a small hole in the bottom of my manual transmission its about the size of a dime and I didnt know if I should just fill it up with jb weld or leave it alone. Any ideas on what I should do?
    14 Mustang
    96 RHD Supra hardtop 3.1 GTE

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    any one? its a hole is it good or bad? do i have to fix it? is there suppost to be some kind of liquid in the manual transmission?

I think I had a similar thing in my auto. I found someone had stuffed some blue gummy crap in it to plug it, but fluid was slowly slowly leaking out. I could see the trails. I'm not sure if it's meant to be there but I think if it looks kinda like it wasn't stamped out my the factory, then chances are it's a problem.
    eric

Originally posted by mattsmall
    any one? its a hole is it good or bad? do i have to fix it? is there suppost to be some kind of liquid in the manual transmission?

of course theres sappose to be "liquid in the transmission" its called transmission fluid or gear oil....is anything leaking out of the hole?
    98 Maxima SE 5MT -- Intake/Y-pipe/Custom 2.5" Catback/Eibach Springs/Tokico Illuminas/Eibach camber plates

14.43@95MPH, 2.31 60FT I/Y only

Looking for a MK3 in the 604.

Supra Fan
    Originally posted by mattsmall
    its a hole is it good or bad?
    LMFAO
    - 1990 Black turbo/targa/5spd SOLD(May 2006)
    - 1990 White turbo/hardtop/5spd R.I.P (2001)

You either need to get that hole fixed, or you'll be finding yourself another tranny, there's not supposed to be any holes...

is it threaded?

Originally posted by Jeff Lange
    You either need to get that hole fixed, or you'll be finding yourself another tranny, there's not supposed to be any holes...

is it threaded?
    What do you mean by threaded? Does that mean that someone has sewn threads with a needle into my transmission? If so then no its not, however it does look like someone knit a sweater for the hole but it must be worn out. Is it ok if I use peanut oil in my transmission, it is supposed to have less fat then other conventional cooking oils.
    87 1/2 Na-T 5 spd(under construction), Rebuilt US Spec Engine(15k), HKS 1.2mm Metal Head Gasket, ARP Head Bolts, Reprogrammed ECU(Techtom), Megan Racing 3" DP, Test Pipe, Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust, Custom Intake with K&N Filter, Custom Hard Pipes, Monza SSQV, AFM Flap Mod, HKS Twinpower Ignition Amplifier, Innovate LM-1 Wideband, Apexi S-AFC, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Tokico Struts, Front/Rear Cusco Strut Bars, TR Motorsports 17 Inch Rims, Kumho Ecsta Supra Tires, Clear Corners, Weight Reduction(no a/c, cruise control, spare, jack).
    1 of 1814
    Quarter Mile
    NA: 15.256@ 90.24
    Turbo: Coming Soon

LOLZ.

In any case, also, to confirm: YES, there is supposed to be some kind of liquid in there. 4.0L of Manual Transmission Oil.

Redline MT-90 is great stuff!

stupid ass troll

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text