Supra Forums banner

Question on coolant line change when going single

1K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  tsuper92 
#1 ·
I am at a loss for one line left for the heater/coolant lines.
I know the one that runs behind the head should be routed back down to the water tube. But I am confused on the one on the firewall coming from the heater core thing.
DOes that get T'ed into the water tube also?

Pics ? advice?
I wanna try and get that all situated tonight if possible

#3 ·
I saw 3 ports.
One on the water tube.
One on the valve
and one behind the head that routes from under the intake I guess.

Now when the twins were on I guess the one that ran behind the motor linked with some hard tubing down to the water pipe on the motor.

I cant remeber how the one from the valve ran for the life of me.

#4 ·
your talking about the 3/4 or 5/8 heater hoses right?from the factory in the jz supra,the pipe in the back of the head on the exhaust side went to the heater core.the one behind the intake manifold went to the heater valve.most everybody who does the swap runs the one behind the intake mani to the heater core,because its a nice short run and makes for a cleaner look.then they run the one near the rear turbo to the heater valve.the little 3/8" lines are just plugged.one near the rear turbo,which is a return line.the other return line is on the water pump housing.the two feed lines that are on the water neck

#7 ·
apparently Im retarded or something. Is that one that runs along that back of the valve cover a big vac line or something? Didnt that connect to the twins piping?
So the only coolant line is the one from the top of the valve open, and that goes down to the top port of the water tube? then the other gets plugged?

#9 ·
thats the site I was looking at, but doesnt help cuz its a diff car that RHD>
I think i got it straight now, but what do I do with the hose that runs from the TB to the Stock Twin pipes on the rear turbo?
I thought that was a coolant line, but apparently not. The hose from the head goes into the firwall right behind it. and the hose from the bottom of the valve goes into the wall right behind it. So I am guessing the top of the valve goes to the water tube.

#11 ·
Thats the line that screwed me up .To the ISC. I saw now thats a vac line.
Can I just rip that whole tube off the ISC and filter it closer to the Intake manifold? I see there is a vac line going to that tube too. can I just elimate all that crap and clean it up back there.

#13 ·
Well the BIG hose from the ISC has a vac port on the inlet side over by the Intake manifold and another vac port over by the turbo side. I know the turbo side went to a hardline that fed vac to the stocl BOV and something else I think.
The intake side vac port is just going to a nipple on the Intake manifold.

So im assuming the BOV just used that same tube for vac and ISC?
Does the ISC need Vacuum? If not then I guess I can pull the whole shit off.

#15 ·
ya the vacume line just runs along the air tube to the bov.this vacume line has nothing to do with the isc valve.i was wondering about this extra pipe you were talking about.good thing you posted a pic and didn't hook a coolant line up to that.i'm sure dumping coolant into your plenum wouldn't be good

#18 ·
What breather filter are you talking about? For the iac open port? I was just going to use one of those small apc filters that all auto zones seem to carry.

I just caped off the one in your diagram and hooked the other one into the heater core. I also removed that line running across the rear of the head.

#19 ·
hey, check around for the breather on another post of mine. I THINK that RGGUY asked the question. I've got the K&N P/N's and everything, i think.... lol

Looking good man, congrats.

Bryan

#20 ·
I found the part number on K&N's site. The cheaper option was like $17 from Summit.

The APC ones are wayyyy too small.

This dude on Honda tech did my coating for me. I sent my valve covers out to a diff place today to do some powdercoating for me. He seemed alot cheaper and local to me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.