2jz w58 bellhousing + 7mge w58 = 1jz/2jz 5spd tranny?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2jz w58 bellhousing + 7mge w58 = 1jz/2jz 5spd tranny?

2jz w58 bellhousing + 7mge w58 = 1jz/2jz 5spd tranny?

i tried searching, but i didnt quite find an exact answer. we all know we can mate a 7mgte r154 to 1jz/2jz by using a 1jz bellhousing from a 1jz r154, but can we use a 7mge w58 on a 1jz/2jz by using the bellhousing from a 2jz w58 (mk4/sc300 n/a 5sp). i figured it should work since there all w58 trannies, but i wanted to be sure and i couldnt find an answer in any old threads about 5spd trannies on the 1jz. i guess the idea gets put aside as soon as someone comes on and says the "the w58 is crap, just go with an r154 you cheap fuck!".

im interested in trying something out, as well as askin this for a friend whos interested in my brothers 7mge 5spd cressida and a jzx90 chaser engine i have for sale. im sure theres 1 or 2 guys that would have a blown 2jz w58 laying around and wouldnt mind parting with the bellhousing.

i know the w58 doesnt hold up that well to horspower, but this tranny would be used on a stock 1jz. just intake, exhaust, fmic, 15psi "most", maybe injectors & pump. figure around 350hp to the wheels is the goal for this car. so im sure the w58 can handle at least that much.

daniel

SupraForums Member
    Yup you are on the right track it will work. The key to tranny life is being nice to it anything will survive if you dont drop the clutch at 8000 rpm and speed shift the crap out of it.
    Cary

Go check the NA section. I started working on an adaptor plate to use a W58 bell and R154 trans

+ Reply to Thread