Supra Forums banner

OBX LSD for the ma70

25K views 186 replies 59 participants last post by  sixpack 
#1 · (Edited)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-...043776433QQcategoryZ33731QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I haven't seen anything regarding it yet.

Can't say I'd trust one, but our market continues to expand. Someone have at it and let us know how long till it breaks or not.

Wonder what the gear ratio is....

READ!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going to all donate $10 via paypal to Adam H. (drjones) for a OBX LSD. I'll keep updating this list and as long as we have enough people to make it worth-while, we'll all forward the $$$$. Adam's job will then be to beat the shit out of it and try to break it which we all know he is capable of. (along with a write-up regarding qualitt/fit/finish/etc)

OBX claims a lifetime warrenty against manuf defects, I'm not sure if that covers high hp mk3's but I guess we'll try to find out.

1) NJsupraA70
2) KevinM
3) Krister
4) spinningheadboy
5) ckanderson
6) tekdeus
7) ???

See less See more
#28 ·
ZaZZn said:
I called them to ask them about it and they where saying that it can hold 400 HP but the guy was completely clueless... (distributor) OBX distrbution really sounds like a mom and pop shop...
400 hp? that's useless.....they def. have no idea what they're doing, much like a clutch it should be rated for tq.....i think the only way will be to get one and try it out. <sigh>

#32 ·
drjonez said:
400 hp? that's useless.....they def. have no idea what they're doing, much like a clutch it should be rated for tq.....i think the only way will be to get one and try it out. <sigh>
Yes I know silly chinese.... He was going on about how honda ones people made 400 HP on ect...

I was like welll we reach up to 800-900 HP lol.

#35 ·
Well now another vender claims it could hold 800 hp no problem but I said if it breaks will it void the warrenty he said shouldn't be a problem with OBX but he can't confrim... I sent him a email saying your a joke. And stop lieing.

#36 ·
ZaZZn said:
Well now another vender claims it could hold 800 hp no problem but I said if it breaks will it void the warrenty he said shouldn't be a problem with OBX but he can't confrim... I sent him a email saying your a joke. And stop lieing.
heh. you may want to use a grammar check before sending an email like that... ;)

either way, i think it's a safe guess that they won't warranty jack if we blow it up. the question is, will it take it?

#37 ·
hey guys all we need is 50 people to donate $10 each, and we can have Adam test it for us. Anyone with me on this one? I think its the only way we are going to find out how strong they really are. Otherwise we will never know, and the random kid with a stock mk3 who buys one on ebay will not be able to give us a good idea on product quality.. We need a high hp guy to really beat the crap out of it. I got $10 to donate, anyone else? We need a sticky

#38 ·
NJsupraA70 said:
hey guys all we need is 50 people to donate $10 each, and we can have Adam test it for us. Anyone with me on this one? I think its the only way we are going to find out how strong they really are. Otherwise we will never know, and the random kid with a stock mk3 who buys one on ebay will not be able to give us a good idea on product quality.. We need a high hp guy to really beat the crap out of it. I got $10 to donate, anyone else? We need a sticky
heh. thanks for the offer man. i'm certainly up for it....i want a helical that will stand up to autox, road race AND drag (albeit on DRs....). anyone that wants to donate, fire off paypal to drjonezz@yahoo.com and i'll start a fund....

#39 ·
I'd be up for a $10 donation for Adam to test it.

Start a list
1)NJsupraA70
2)KevinM

#45 ·
KevinM said:
I'd be up for a $10 donation for Adam to test it.

Start a list
1)NJsupraA70
2)KevinM
Good idea Kev. Lets get this rolling! We need a sticky thread so we can create a bigger buzz about the donations/testing!

SlimFastSupra said:
I already have an account with OBX.

The cost is obviously something that can't be posted.

Awesome. So i guess we will need less than 50 people. :)

- Steve

#46 · (Edited)
drjonez said:
heh. you may want to use a grammar check before sending an email like that... ;)

either way, i think it's a safe guess that they won't warranty jack if we blow it up. the question is, will it take it?

ah shut up leave the typos alone... My spelling is hiddous, when they implment spell check on Vbulletin on every post. ;)

stuck.

#47 ·
i run the obx cam gear i liek em

but the diff it is thinker i goig ot neeed a diff very soon and the obx is muhc cheeepe r

i was goingot be playing the weigjhting game but i may just try one

#49 ·
I'll edit and start the list in my first post so everyone knows what the deal is.

Robert - Can you do me a favor and PM me your price so I know how many people we need.

Kevin

#51 ·
hey my brother is big into hondas and just orded one for his car but anyway i've talked to him about the OBX Lsd for the hondas and i guess when they first came out with the LSDs it was prone to breaking really easily... but they came out with a second version that fixed the problem and theres a lot of honda guys running it now making 350+ hp... and thats pretty good for a FWD. I dont know if this means anything toward our crowd but...i guess we wont know until someone trys.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.