Supra Forums banner

OBX LSD for the ma70

25K views 186 replies 59 participants last post by  sixpack 
#1 · (Edited)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-...043776433QQcategoryZ33731QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I haven't seen anything regarding it yet.

Can't say I'd trust one, but our market continues to expand. Someone have at it and let us know how long till it breaks or not.

Wonder what the gear ratio is....

READ!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going to all donate $10 via paypal to Adam H. (drjones) for a OBX LSD. I'll keep updating this list and as long as we have enough people to make it worth-while, we'll all forward the $$$$. Adam's job will then be to beat the shit out of it and try to break it which we all know he is capable of. (along with a write-up regarding qualitt/fit/finish/etc)

OBX claims a lifetime warrenty against manuf defects, I'm not sure if that covers high hp mk3's but I guess we'll try to find out.

1) NJsupraA70
2) KevinM
3) Krister
4) spinningheadboy
5) ckanderson
6) tekdeus
7) ???

See less See more
#54 ·
SlimFastSupra said:
I talked to OBX, none available.

I wonder if the ones on eBay are really for MA70? The pictures look generic.
that's interesting.....the pix on those ads do look generic, but then again most diff units are pretty much all the same. the one in the original post looks like it COULD be an A70 diff, i'll have to count bolt holes....

#59 ·
There must be some confusion, I will investigate.

If they are in stock, I will pick one up. Did you see any part numbers?

They are often confused. For example, they list a MA70 catback and 1JZ/7m manifolds, but when you call them, they are not actually available.

#64 ·
I thought that's what we were doing, obviously some people did send money already, but that's fine. If you want to contribute, LMK and I'll put you down

#65 · (Edited)
Put me down for sure. I just bought a T1 Torsen and I'd like to know about the other "torque-sensing" options should mine blow up. :) * I think you should clarify the first post and change it to OBX "Helical / Torsen" diff, so people know what we're dealing with here in case they don't see the ebay ad. Cheers - B.

#66 ·
I was almost left stranded At SILV last year thanks to a Helical/Torsen Diff blowing up at 300 RWHP from my torqueless 1jz. If you want some Helical Diffs, I have complete torsen diffs for sale for 300 plus shipping! You dont have to spend a dime on installing the OBX diff in your housing and watch it blow up. :)

#67 ·
onebad7m said:
I was almost left stranded At SILV last year thanks to a Helical/Torsen Diff blowing up at 300 RWHP from my torqueless 1jz. If you want some Helical Diffs, I have complete torsen diffs for sale for 300 plus shipping! You dont have to spend a dime on installing the OBX diff in your housing and watch it blow up. :)
as already known, the T-1 from the JZA70 does not cope well w/shock loading....if you do some research you'll see that the honduh guys are having pretty good luck w/the OBX helicals, the potential for a GOOD helical for the A70 certainly exists....don't be too quick to generalize the performance of an early generation helical to more "modern" ones....

#68 ·
If you guys are really interested in getting this thing tested I would be willing to put up half the cost of the unit and cover the installation in mattonedimes Supra. I know you guys have already sent money but we can get this ordered immediately and installed and running within the next 1-2 weeks. Let me know what your think. Matt is running about 550rwhp. PM me and I will get ordered immediately.

#76 ·
before everyone starts going three ways and not get to the overall end.

Either Drjonez does it or mattone does it or whoever else but this has to be decided NOW not after the money starts going.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.