Power window won't go back up. Help pls!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power window won't go back up. Help pls!

kartoffel0

Power window won't go back up. Help pls!

Hi there. The power window went down, and now she won't go back up. I just want to get the window up and properly fix the problem later, so I can actually take the car somewhere without it getting ripped off. If there a way to override the power windows and just push up the window?

Thanks in advance,
    -erik

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member harry89supra's Avatar
    take the switch out of the door and clean the connections.

clean the connectors, if that doesnt work, try to pry your fingers between the weather strip and lift it while someone presses the switch to go up.

my window ocassionally pops as it goes up, that's cause you can rock it back and forth some, im guessing that might be happening with you, where some of the plastic parts holding the window get worn, allowing the window to move back and forth a little and get stuck sometimes...

also, my driver's side switch wont operate my passanger window, but the switch from that side works fine..

kartoffel0
    So right now I'm thinking that the motor is burned out. Whatever power we put to the thing directly, it doesn't do anything. In the short term, is there a way to force the window up, or do you guys think that it got stuck first, causing the motor to burn out?

-erik

SupraForums Member
    the contacts on the switch will wear out a bit. You have to disassemble the switch an clean em.

I've done this dozens of times on switches so I know what to do, but it's a bit hard to explain... Also, the wiring for the driver's side window is a bit tricky since it has Auto...

I know Jeff Lange knows how to jump the wires to make it work, seen him post it before, now if only he looked in here....

SupraForums Member
    Is it the pass or driver side?

Get a volt meater and check the motor and check the wires you could have a bad ground to the pass or drivers switch, or the contacts could just be bunt to the point they dont make a good contact.
    The motor reverses pos and neg to make the window go up and down.

On the note how the get it to go up w/o motor i dont have a clue.

kartoffel0
    It's the passenger side door.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text