2JZ-GE fuel rail

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: 2JZ-GE fuel rail

  1. #1
    A Lowe's length in front RacerXJ220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Alabama/ Seoul, Korea
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,810

    2JZ-GE fuel rail

    Does the 2JZ-GTE fuel rail bolt in? How about a top feed rail kit for a GTE?

    The search is down...... Thank you!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    SupraForums Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    jacksonville
    Age
    27
    Posts
    318
    i believe they line up and work but you have to fabricate mounting brackets. or i think dave h makes a rail

  4. #3
    SupraForums Member SupraQuinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SPRING, TEXAS
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,588
    why get the TT fuel rail? Cant the NA fuel rail flow enough to support like 800hp?

  5. #4
    A Lowe's length in front RacerXJ220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Alabama/ Seoul, Korea
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,810
    Well I have top feed 550's here as an option, just buy a rail instead of injectors if it's cheaper. That's why. They came off my 7M, and they are still gooder than the stock 2JZ-GE, and 1JZ ones. I saw rails for $250 shipped for 2JZ-GTE head. Which are cheaper than the $500 800cc side feeds. I can't afford the fuel setup I want. It's have a car with 550's that runs or 800ccs that doesn't run, and dude, I'm that short so I need to know.

  6. #5
    SupraForums Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    jacksonville
    Age
    27
    Posts
    318
    no the stock rail wont support anywhere close to 800. a bored out stock rail on 600 is pushing it. id suggest a titan rail or a universal -10 rail and get it drilled depending on how much hp your looking to make

  7. #6
    I rock like CRACK SSSUPRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Chesapeake, Va
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSc3
    no the stock rail wont support anywhere close to 800. a bored out stock rail on 600 is pushing it. id suggest a titan rail or a universal -10 rail and get it drilled depending on how much hp your looking to make
    I made ~700rwhp on a stock rail that was only modified to accept larger lines, that's in the area of 830ish crank hp so the stock rail seems to be fine for what most guys here are doing.
    07 VY Z06.
    Quote Originally Posted by HLY_SHFT View Post
    I like to call it "The OT". It's kind of like the OC, but we're better looking.

  8. #7
    SupraForums Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSc3
    no the stock rail wont support anywhere close to 800. a bored out stock rail on 600 is pushing it. id suggest a titan rail or a universal -10 rail and get it drilled depending on how much hp your looking to make

    Another person posting who has no clue...

    Yeah, a stock rail will support 800....its inner diameter is similar to some aftermarket rails! What one needs to modify is the feed lines to the rail, preferably dual feed from each end and a center outlet for the regulator...

    David

  9. #8
    SupraForums Member ssao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Santa Rosa, NorCal
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodg
    Another person posting who has no clue...

    Yeah, a stock rail will support 800....its inner diameter is similar to some aftermarket rails! What one needs to modify is the feed lines to the rail, preferably dual feed from each end and a center outlet for the regulator...

    David

    Would you happen to have a diagram of what you just have describe?

    What is the thread pitch of the ends on the rail?

  10. #9
    Banned cowboy bebop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Winter Park, Florida
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,860
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerXJ220
    Does the 2JZ-GTE fuel rail bolt in? How about a top feed rail kit for a GTE?

    The search is down...... Thank you!
    From what I understand, the 1jz fuel rail may fit the 2jz-ge. I believe the mounts line up as well as the injector ports.

    Thanks man,

    Eric

  11. #10
    2JZ NA-T
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,311
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodg

    Yeah, a stock rail will support 800....its inner diameter is similar to some aftermarket rails! What one needs to modify is the feed lines to the rail, preferably dual feed from each end and a center outlet for the regulator...

    David
    damn, thats a really good idea, has this been done are you just suggesting that as an option? b/c it might come out cheaper to just get an aftermarket rail for the same price of fabrication that some ppl charge

  12. #11
    SupraForums Member motorheaddown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,100
    No one has made 800 whp on a GE motor much less delivered fuel to one using a modified GE fuel rail.

    I made 630whp using the modified dual-feed, center-return rail shown in the attached pic with a GE motor; consequently, you're safe up to that power level.

    Believe it or not, I've had more problems moving to an aftermarket rail because the FPR is now much more sensitive to heat soak with the larget diameter ID fuel rail. I never had FPR heat soak problems with a modified GE fuel rail.

    -scott
    Attached Images
    '95 sc300 T74GTS 6-speed
    838whp@32psi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rMEy3s8I7s
    10.44@137

  13. #12
    A Lowe's length in front RacerXJ220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Alabama/ Seoul, Korea
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,810
    Thanks for all the input guys. I really do appreciate it. I'll go with the stocker.

  14. #13
    SupraForums Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    jacksonville
    Age
    27
    Posts
    318
    oh i have no clue huh its just plain not safe, ask any company that makes fuel delivery products for 800 hp no less than a -8 fuel rail. the stock rail is slightly larger than a -6 how would i know??? maybe because ive measured already. sure you may be able to barely make it by but id prefer be safe and not blow my shit up. im running aeromotive raw -10 rails drill for my NA. know your facts before you call someone out who actually know what they are talking about.

    /rant

  15. #14
    SupraForums Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by motorheaddown
    No one has made 800 whp on a GE motor much less delivered fuel to one using a modified GE fuel rail.

    I made 630whp using the modified dual-feed, center-return rail shown in the attached pic with a GE motor; consequently, you're safe up to that power level.

    Believe it or not, I've had more problems moving to an aftermarket rail because the FPR is now much more sensitive to heat soak with the larget diameter ID fuel rail. I never had FPR heat soak problems with a modified GE fuel rail.

    -scott
    Maybe no one has, but its not the rail that is the limiting factor...its ID is enough to support 800hp is my point. With proper feed and properly sized injectors, the rail will not be the limiting factor...

    David

  16. #15
    SupraForums Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSc3
    oh i have no clue huh its just plain not safe, ask any company that makes fuel delivery products for 800 hp no less than a -8 fuel rail. the stock rail is slightly larger than a -6 how would i know??? maybe because ive measured already. sure you may be able to barely make it by but id prefer be safe and not blow my shit up. im running aeromotive raw -10 rails drill for my NA. know your facts before you call someone out who actually know what they are talking about.

    /rant
    Oh, and I don't know what I'm talking about? I've been drag racing since 1987, probably the year you were born! I put a couple of pics of a vehicle I built and by built, I mean I built everything, from fuel systems, to intakes, rollcages, to turbocharger manifolds, heck I even made my own 2jzgte to Powerglide tranny adapter...

    And as an fyi, the ID on a stock GE rail was the same as the aftermarket rail I had on my 2jzgte which made 695whp and there was more left in it(how much more, I don't know...probably run out of injector or pump before rail)...yes, bigger can be had, but the stock one will suffice for 800hp...it's diameter is not the limiting factor...I stand by my assertions

    and the last picture is credited to Joliroger to whom I sold the truck and who ran a 9.4 at 143mph...

    David



    Last edited by turbodg; 11-25-2006 at 09:15 PM.

  17. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Age
    34
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodg
    Maybe no one has, but its not the rail that is the limiting factor...its ID is enough to support 800hp is my point. David
    Agreed. Stock rail and -8 will support 800 wheel. Simple as that. Im going to cut a rail in half on monday and measure the true id, just out of curiousity.

    I havent made that much yet, but im certain the rail will be the least of my concerns when the boost gets turned up.


    Josh@FSM
    (who thinks that taco is sick!^^^)

  18. #17
    2JZ NA-T
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,311
    i agree with both Quickness and Turbo Dog, he deffinately knows wat he's talkin about, and ive seen a numerous amount of NA-ts making big numbers, all of which were run on stock rails....

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts