Supra Forums banner

2JZ-GE fuel rail

16K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Ravan17 
#1 ·
Does the 2JZ-GTE fuel rail bolt in? How about a top feed rail kit for a GTE?

The search is down...... Thank you!

#4 ·
Well I have top feed 550's here as an option, just buy a rail instead of injectors if it's cheaper. That's why. They came off my 7M, and they are still gooder than the stock 2JZ-GE, and 1JZ ones. I saw rails for $250 shipped for 2JZ-GTE head. Which are cheaper than the $500 800cc side feeds. I can't afford the fuel setup I want. It's have a car with 550's that runs or 800ccs that doesn't run, and dude, I'm that short so I need to know.

#6 ·
JaxSc3 said:
no the stock rail wont support anywhere close to 800. a bored out stock rail on 600 is pushing it. id suggest a titan rail or a universal -10 rail and get it drilled depending on how much hp your looking to make
I made ~700rwhp on a stock rail that was only modified to accept larger lines, that's in the area of 830ish crank hp so the stock rail seems to be fine for what most guys here are doing.

#7 ·
JaxSc3 said:
no the stock rail wont support anywhere close to 800. a bored out stock rail on 600 is pushing it. id suggest a titan rail or a universal -10 rail and get it drilled depending on how much hp your looking to make

Another person posting who has no clue...

Yeah, a stock rail will support 800....its inner diameter is similar to some aftermarket rails! What one needs to modify is the feed lines to the rail, preferably dual feed from each end and a center outlet for the regulator...

David

#8 ·
turbodg said:
Another person posting who has no clue...

Yeah, a stock rail will support 800....its inner diameter is similar to some aftermarket rails! What one needs to modify is the feed lines to the rail, preferably dual feed from each end and a center outlet for the regulator...

David

Would you happen to have a diagram of what you just have describe?

What is the thread pitch of the ends on the rail?

#10 ·
turbodg said:

David
damn, thats a really good idea, has this been done are you just suggesting that as an option? b/c it might come out cheaper to just get an aftermarket rail for the same price of fabrication that some ppl charge

#11 ·
No one has made 800 whp on a GE motor much less delivered fuel to one using a modified GE fuel rail.

I made 630whp using the modified dual-feed, center-return rail shown in the attached pic with a GE motor; consequently, you're safe up to that power level.

Believe it or not, I've had more problems moving to an aftermarket rail because the FPR is now much more sensitive to heat soak with the larget diameter ID fuel rail. I never had FPR heat soak problems with a modified GE fuel rail. :dunno:

-scott

#13 ·
oh i have no clue huh its just plain not safe, ask any company that makes fuel delivery products for 800 hp no less than a -8 fuel rail. the stock rail is slightly larger than a -6 how would i know??? maybe because ive measured already. sure you may be able to barely make it by but id prefer be safe and not blow my shit up. im running aeromotive raw -10 rails drill for my NA. know your facts before you call someone out who actually know what they are talking about.

/rant

#14 ·
motorheaddown said:
No one has made 800 whp on a GE motor much less delivered fuel to one using a modified GE fuel rail.

I made 630whp using the modified dual-feed, center-return rail shown in the attached pic with a GE motor; consequently, you're safe up to that power level.

Believe it or not, I've had more problems moving to an aftermarket rail because the FPR is now much more sensitive to heat soak with the larget diameter ID fuel rail. I never had FPR heat soak problems with a modified GE fuel rail. :dunno:

-scott
Maybe no one has, but its not the rail that is the limiting factor...its ID is enough to support 800hp is my point. With proper feed and properly sized injectors, the rail will not be the limiting factor...

David

#15 · (Edited)
JaxSc3 said:
oh i have no clue huh its just plain not safe, ask any company that makes fuel delivery products for 800 hp no less than a -8 fuel rail. the stock rail is slightly larger than a -6 how would i know??? maybe because ive measured already. sure you may be able to barely make it by but id prefer be safe and not blow my shit up. im running aeromotive raw -10 rails drill for my NA. know your facts before you call someone out who actually know what they are talking about.

/rant
Oh, and I don't know what I'm talking about? I've been drag racing since 1987, probably the year you were born! I put a couple of pics of a vehicle I built and by built, I mean I built everything, from fuel systems, to intakes, rollcages, to turbocharger manifolds, heck I even made my own 2jzgte to Powerglide tranny adapter...

And as an fyi, the ID on a stock GE rail was the same as the aftermarket rail I had on my 2jzgte which made 695whp and there was more left in it(how much more, I don't know...probably run out of injector or pump before rail)...yes, bigger can be had, but the stock one will suffice for 800hp...it's diameter is not the limiting factor...I stand by my assertions

and the last picture is credited to Joliroger to whom I sold the truck and who ran a 9.4 at 143mph...

David

#16 ·
turbodg said:
Maybe no one has, but its not the rail that is the limiting factor...its ID is enough to support 800hp is my point. David
Agreed. Stock rail and -8 will support 800 wheel. Simple as that. Im going to cut a rail in half on monday and measure the true id, just out of curiousity.

I havent made that much yet, but im certain the rail will be the least of my concerns when the boost gets turned up.

Josh@FSM
(who thinks that taco is sick!^^^)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.