2JZGE intake manifold pics ( 56K no way!!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2JZGE intake manifold pics ( 56K no way!!)

2JZGE intake manifold pics ( 56K no way!!)

I just thought I would post up some pics of what ive been up to lately. I just finished this intake manifold for my friend Mike Carwins ( twincharge on the forums)supra. His car is curently in the newest issue of Dsport magazine sporting some IC piping I made for him. Anyway I unfortunalely wasnt done with the manifold in time for the photo shoot but here are some pics of it.
    Its sporting a billet 90 mm TB and billet velocity stacks inside. I will be fabbing up the IC piping later this week and then hopefully we can get some dyno results after that. the car made 610 rwhp with the stock intake mani just before we took it apart so well see what it does now.

93 black 6speed S366 10.3@136 23psi

Really nice, what did you do with the power steering? Also you planning to sell some of these intake?

the ps resevoir was relocated next to the brake master cylinder. You can see it in the pic in the upper right hand corner. As for making more intakes, I do this as a hobby in my spare time but if someone wanted one I could probably make another. Just PM me if your intrested.

Banned
    I dont see the velocity stacks? Did you blend them into the runners? Looks like a copy of the VWR manifold.

the stacks are the radiused inlets. typically you see stacks as a raised horn, but this is a pretty reasonable approximation. Welding looks good, you could spend some time with a die grinder and papers and smooth out the outside of the runners for a more finished look, other than that it looks really good. I think this style manifold looks so much better compared to the stock ge setup.

very nice piece. You can check out my approach to a GE manifold over at clubna-t.
    Last edited by 98mkiv; 01-30-2007 at 06:23 AM.

Banned
    looks like an ebay gte mani welded to na runners. Is this the case?

Quote Originally Posted by The Quickness View Post
    +1

Grind the welds and powdercoat it. I don't like shinny shit

SupraForums Member
    This is not a E-BAY manifold, it was hand built. The throttle body is another story.
    94 na-t 6spd Turbonetics Billet 8382 Motec M-800 Motec CDI-8 ID Dailey Engineering dry sump ID 2000's Weldon RPS Triple carbon E-85 1200hp 9.64 @ 146 mph 1.31 60 ft
    93 TT BL auto, Turbonetics T-70, ID 1300, Pro EFI, Vvti, Titan cams
    85 MR-2 Twincharge 320whp 12.5 115mph
    71 Celica 18RG-T 450hp 11.4 130mph
    07 Acura TL-S
    Toyota Master Tech, ASE Master , Toyota MDT.

That is absolutely gorgeous!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

I was thinking about doing the exact same thing, but the cost of buying the manifold and making my own is significantly different.

Quote Originally Posted by ssao1 View Post
    I was thinking about doing the exact same thing, but the cost of buying the manifold and making my own is significantly different.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2JZ-G...spagenameZWDVW

Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by twincharge View Post
    This is not a E-BAY manifold, it was hand built. The throttle body is another story.

Sure as hell looks like a VW/Stryder clone

Probably easier just to hack up a thai manifold than build from scratch, unless you have all the mats on hand already.

Yes it would be EASIER to hack a Thai manifold, but it is CHEAPER to make one your own.

The material for making a manifold is not that much, it is the labor that what makes the manifold to be 500$ from Thailand or even 1100$+ from respected vendors.

Eh, that's under the assumption labor = free.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxx View Post
    Sure as hell looks like a VW/Stryder clone

Probably easier just to hack up a thai manifold than build from scratch, unless you have all the mats on hand already.
    considering I hand built the entire thing and have never seen a virtual works manifold in person Id say I didnt copy anybody. I built it on the car with nothing to go by so it was entirely my own design. there are only so many ways it will look when building these things. I spent more in material to make this manifold than those cheap ebay pieces of shit cost. The billet air horns are from RMR. Some of you guys are rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quickness View Post
    It looks no more like an ebay mani than the manifold you sell.
    Last edited by SDstreetracer; 01-30-2007 at 12:09 PM. Reason: pics added

Banned
    this is getting interesting

Damn dude that IS rather nice.... How much you selling them for ???

PT61 / AEM / 19psi / 478whp

Props to Dan at Batlground - www.batlground.com
    Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/mogallo

SupraForums Member speed_vision's Avatar
    Looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by mogallo View Post
    Damn dude that IS rather nice.... How much you selling them for ???
    Im not sure. I made this one for a friend and didnt really intend on producing these. It really is alot of work to build one. If you or someone else really wanted one PM me and we can work something out. Like I said before its just a hobby for me that i do in my spare time so I can only do stuff on a limited basis.

The manifold that Josh sells is just a D Plenum bolted to the stock lower runners, not much in common with an eBay piece of crap. Josh's in house welder is fantastic, so don't go knocking his stuff when it works.

Your's does look a lot like a VW or even a eBay Thailand knock off, whether or not you've seen one goes without saying. It is a good piece of work, but I hate to tell you that velocity stacks on the Supra haven't been shown to improve drivability at all. In fact, a certain vendor on this forum switched from the Veilside to the VW because the velocity stacks disturbed the airflow more than they helped. Just a little FYI for you.

You've got pretty good skills, I'll give you that. Nice attempt....

I've never heard of an instance where velocity stacks did not improve flow. In a job I had a few years back, I spent weeks at a flow bench with velocity stacks.... they work, though they are most efficient when raised off the floor a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rwmotorsports View Post
    The manifold that Josh sells is just a D Plenum bolted to the stock lower runners, not much in common with an eBay piece of crap. Josh's in house welder is fantastic, so don't go knocking his stuff when it works.

Your's does look a lot like a VW or even a eBay Thailand knock off, whether or not you've seen one goes without saying. It is a good piece of work, but I hate to tell you that velocity stacks on the Supra haven't been shown to improve drivability at all. In fact, a certain vendor on this forum switched from the Veilside to the VW because the velocity stacks disturbed the airflow more than they helped. Just a little FYI for you.

First off, go back and read again. I never said his manifold looked like an ebay manifold or knocked the quality of his product. As for the velocity stack comment once again you should read again/look at pictures again. The manifold I made does not have velocity stacks protruding and disturbing airflow. They are flush if you didnt notice. The way VWR and others make theirs is to hand port the runners to make somewhat of a velocity stack. I just happened to use billet airhorns instead. just look at the RMR manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by rwmotorsports View Post
    It is a good piece of work, but I hate to tell you that velocity stacks on the Supra haven't been shown to improve drivability at all. In fact, a certain vendor on this forum switched from the Veilside to the VW because the velocity stacks disturbed the airflow more than they helped. Just a little FYI for you.

Very true about the velocity stacks.

One of the members did a flow test on a VW and on a Veilside manifold and the stacks did disrupts the air flow and creates less CFM than one without it in that test, which is on the Veilside mani. Read your heart out.

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166026

And from RMR, those stacks are $40, so that is 240$ off from material list already. And you can get schedule 40 aluminum tubing fairly cheap depending on size and length.

And yes, assuming labor is free

But nonetheless, the manifold looks great!
    Last edited by ssao1; 01-30-2007 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SDstreetracer View Post

Those air horn looks good, very creative on getting in the blend, instead of grinding it down.

Did you made those air horns yourself, or is it from RMR?

SupraForums Member

air horns

We purchased them from rmr

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast