Supra Forums banner

Coolant hose

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Zumtizzle 
#1 ·
the final task before i can drive my supra again.... a coolant hose which i have pointed to in cygnusx's diagram it is on the exhuast side at the back of the engine and pokes about 3 inches from the block

and this is wat it looks like

TIA
Cameron

See less See more
#3 ·
Thats the line that is blocked off? I just used a 3-4" piece of heater hose and a Brass plug with clamps to hold it all in place. You dont have too much to do to get it running.

Wedge

#8 ·
You're Right.

the other side is plugged (intake side). so should they both be plugged or is the wrong side plugged? the diagram that i linked has one side plugged (intake) but not the other
That Link You sent is a Non-North America Car. If you look, you will see the Driver side running to the Heater Core. and the Passenger or Turbo/EX side plugged.

#6 ·
I have an 87 Supra T On mine... the exhaust side is plugged. If thats the way you got the car.... might as well stick with it. Im sure the coolant flows the same way. I asked about this before. I was told that Turbo and NA models switch plugged sides. Also the right hand drive models switch sides.

Wedge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.