Supra Forums banner

You guys in Supra's get attention?

274K views 1K replies 572 participants last post by  Primera 
#1 ·
Just curious.. I think you probably get more guys asking you questions than girls lol.

I.e Do you have people always asking you questions about the car, etc?

#2 · (Edited)
I don't have that as much. But I get thumbs up and people waving all the time. It's just funny because sometimes it's guys in big lifted trucks and sometimes it's guys in their 60's driving a benz or something. The ricers in civics usually just open their mouth and stare. I have had several people stop me and ask what kind of car it is.

#327 ·
My friend Matt was telling me a girl thought his Soup was a Ferrari one day. Haha I had one guy yell at me one day "HEY!! NICE PORSCHE" I say, "Thanks!". Ever since then, my friends and I have an inside joke going where my Supra is referred to as "The Porsche" Good times.

#7 ·
^^^ True story. I don't mind the real questions and the comments from people one bit, but I can't stand the "ricer kids" questions like "Is it a 2jz" "Are you turbo" "How much did that cost", and my least favorite, "Come on man, do a burn out! Lite em up!" It gets annoying.

#162 ·
or when they ask you if you have NAAWWWWWSSS in it.

seriously i wish i took the offer to meet craig leiberman just so i can punch him in the face and make him my bitch

:werd: It would be like me carrying around a Barbie doll. Anyone would be like "WTF, isn't that a girls thing?". To be honest, I think they do it for attention.
daddy never hugged you did he?

#8 ·
I hate the "go on bro, do a burnout, light em up!!!" especially when it is some carload of tools and we're stopped in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Little kids are cool, they just drop jaws, tug on Dads sleave and tell him how cool it is.

Down here most attention you'll get is from ricers and the police.

#346 ·
in new york, ive had basically every honda "rev" as it goes by. and i put " because my lawn mower sounds tougher then a honda.

and there is this subaru WRX in my town that has a fully body kit, a retarded looking black hood. a light up shifter, and a autozone muffler. and he thinks hes awesome as hell reaming out his 1st gear on ever 1/8 mile street.

my newest follower, is a blue 2008 honda civic SI. this kid sees me and revs while smiling, or as he did today followed me around for 10 minutes hah

little kids make me laugh. they are kinda awesome cuz they all give me a thumbs up and smile and wave.

#10 ·
i get a lot of guys asking questions because they know what a Supra is. I get almost the same amount of attention from girls, but its not because its a Supra. It's mostly because they think its a baddass looking car. lots of times they think its a new expensive toyota sports car.

#120 ·
This is usally what I experience too. Most guys seem to know a lot about Supras, but girls just like the way it looks and often ask if it's a new model from Toyota because they've never seen one otherwise.

#11 ·
I had some guys in a bimmer pull up wave and smile and take pics. They were speeding up and slowing down taking pics from all angles. And didn't even stop when I was going off the ramp. I wonder where the pics are now :tear:

But yeah I do get attention, a few guys will wave and say nice car. Actually had a few girls look and smile. And when they find out it's a 15 year old car design and it's my original pearl white paint their jaws drop. I've also had the question of "is it the new Celica?"

I love this car.

#12 ·
Just last week, I was at Howard Uni. here in DC waiting for my daughter to get out of class and a lady walks up to her car which was parked beside mine. I was messing around in the trunk and spoke to her first. Her reply was,"I haven't seen one of those in a long time!" Then she asked where she could buy one . I told her about the availability on line when my daughter walked up. She tells us, to complete the day, we should take the top out!! I said, you know your Sups,and she was like I have always wanted one of those. True story. Everyday, someone does something to show their appreciation for the Sup dawg!

#13 · (Edited)
Like everyone else has mentioned.. the car gets a lot of attention from the "rice burners" and such who just ask stupid questions and want you to do stupid things that will get you arrested. The most annoying comment... "OHMYGODIT'SAGIRLDRIVING" Yes.. believe it or not.. women drive cars. Who knew? :)

Then there's the better attention.. I've had numerous people ask what the car is, if it's a future Toyota model and when dealers will start getting them in :lol:, and probably the most bizarre of all was when a guy in front of me in traffic got out of his car and gave me his business card saying that he wanted to buy it :faint:

I've also had a few marriage proposals thrown my way haha.. crazy people.

#15 ·
Like everyone else has mentioned.. the car gets a lot of attention from the "rice burners" n such who just ask stupid questions and want you to do stupid things that will get arrested. And the most annoying one... "OHMYGODIT'SAGIRLDRIVING" Yes.. believe it or not.. women drive cars. Who knew? :)

Then there's the better attention.. I've had numerous people ask what the car is, if it's a future Toyota model and when dealers will start getting them in :lol:, and the most bizarre was probably a guy in front of my in traffic who got out of his car and gave me his business card saying that he wanted to buy it :faint:

I've also had a few marriage proposals thrown my way haha.. crazy people.
will you marry me ;)

j/k

i had a service advisor from toyota see me at the gas station and drove over there just to ask me if i wanted to sell it. i just said no thanks and proceeded to show him what the supra was all about.

#14 ·
yeah if you want attention go get a viper or better yet a Corvette, and you can be just like the other 5 million who have them.
I think true Supra owners buy them for the car, not the attention.
I dont think that is the same for cars like the Viper or Corvette....

#957 ·
You are completely wrong... I hardly get any stares or any attention in my 07 Corvette, but when I drove my wife's supra, I get people hanging out the window, thumbs up, even had one guy follow me to Pep Boys and ask if he could take pictures of my car. I finally gave in, and bought my own tt Supra since it gets so much attention it's crazy fun... aside from just being a good performing sports car.

#16 ·
Keep in mind my Supra has been garaged for almost 2 years and is filthy.

That said...

Last Saturday morning I open the garage door to dump my stinky kitchen trash into my recycling container adjacent to my garage. I'm wearing just a pair of boxers, flip flops and sunglasses... hey it was bright out. Well I look both ways, coast is clear so I dart over to the can, dump the stink in and head back around my vehicles parked in the garage for my pathway back inside beside the 4Runner. I hear this tire screeching sound like someone is about to wreck into my house. This car was sliding past my house with it's brakes locked up! Scared, I try to run for cover losing a flip flop... but behind me I hear "DUDE!!!!!!" I get that cold feeling, stop, turn around and check myself to make sure my pecker isn't hanging out or something that caused a distraction. This guy is running up to my garage yelling "SUPRAAAAAAA!!!!" No shit his car is still running in the middle of the road with the driver's door wide open. That was an awkward 15 minute conversation I might say.

Then there was last month with the two Mormon Elders losing faith with God for a minute to the dirty garaged Supra, but I posted that already recently.

Best ever was on a first date where I took a blind date to go see the original Fast and Furious... in the Supra. The movie was her choice. She's like umm you have the movie car?? When we got out of the show, there was a mini car meet around my Supra. I had a kid ask me for my autograph (not the first time that's happened). Some other guy was sitting down DRAWING MY CAR on an artist pad! WTF? I don't think he got to finish. Ok, so on the way home I actually had a MINT black 70ish charger LIKE IN THE MOVIE line up beside me to race from a hwy roll. No chance for the Charger as my rear end is kicking out into the other lane. I've never seen a car like that since! THE END. (ok not really). :angel: While cleaning out the car a few days later I found a couple of her fake fingernails which had broken off while she was hanging on no doubt. Poor girl.

JH

Reactions: Dumeinao
#19 ·
I'm always suprised by how well recognized the car is (but then again, I'm new to MKIV ownership). I was under the impression that most wouldn't know (or care for that matter). I live in a town where it may be the only one (and one of probably just a handful in the state). When people stare/pay attention, I think it's just a function of them not having seen many. I'm sure if I lived in SoCal or Las Vegas, it would garner a lot less attention. Either way, I am certainly not complaining. No crude comments; just stares, thumbs up, cell phone pics, requests to sit in it... so on and so forth. I did have an unusual incident when a middle aged woman stopped next to me at a red light, pushed her sunglasses down her nose, and stared for 15 seconds. Then she got out of her SUV, walked completely around my car, and got back in. Never once looked at me (actually, it was like I wasn't even there). It's fascinating what people will do...

On a side note, I've noticed considerably more attention when my windows are down (limo tint). But then again, it could be because I'm so "goo-looking" (Zoolander ref) ;)

#24 ·
I forgot about the picture taking I've gotten that one a few times where you just see a flash go off in the car next to you. I love driving it. I can't imagine what it would be like to drive a ferrari or a lambo or something how much attention those get.

#27 ·
Before my BPU mods, I use to get hit up all the time to "race" while driving around.
Sadly, now i dont.
lol

Question I get all the time...
::do you have a BOV?!::

like... what does that have to do with anything? lol

#29 ·
my favorite conversation is:

(retard) wow, does it have a turbo
(me) ...yes
(retard) is it a twin turbo
(me) no, is a single turbo
(retard) Why not? arent TT faster?
(me) Yeah, i just dont want to go to fast

(me).....fuckin retarded glue sniffers

#32 ·
my favorite conversation is:

(retard) wow, does it have a turbo
(me) ...yes
(retard) is it a twin turbo
(me) no, is a single turbo
(retard) Why not? arent TT faster?
(me) Yeah, i just dont want to go to fast
Sadly, I heard that only about a week ago. I was standing next to my friend's single car and some morons were gawking over it and said the same thing. I was just staring at them in disbelief.