Greddy Speed Limiter Cut & Boost Cut controllers

Let this be the final and last thread on these two items that usually
    BPU supras use!

# Greddy Boost Cut Controller

As you can see the late edition Greddy BCC is made for specific JZA80
    supras! There is no more BCC for MR2 SW20 which could be used on JZ
    series.And there isn't an adjustable switch/knob that can regulate/tune
    the preferable boost cut.With the old BCC device you had to tune to about
    4.1 or 4.3 Volts before it's installation.
    I think that the absense of the tuning device on the new
    BCC is because now it is made specific for jza80 2jzgte motors! And it sets
    the boost/fuel cut at the limit of the MAP sensor which is about
    1.15 bar (16 psi) on JDM engines...
    My 2jzgte is from Aristo car and is a JDM motor,so it will work fine....I think
    it will work on USA and export models to...I don't know for sure.

The Red wire is +12V ,the Black is Ground and the Green & White go to the
    MAP signal wire... pin 62 on the TCCS ECU plug,so installation remains the
    same as the old device!

# Greddy Speed Limiter Cut Controller

Now the speed cut controller makes me nervous...
    It has 5 wires: red is +12V ,Black is Ground OK....
    But there are 3 wires more to connect! 2 of them go to the cut Pink (speed sensor wire)...and remains 1 wire to connect
    Searching the net I found that this wire is probably the 'Blue' one and it
    will remain off connection.

Please post your thoughts and your knowledgment on these parts,so
    people can get first class info about the installation and the operation
    of these units....
    Last edited by 2JZA70Claou; 05-29-2008 at 05:33 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member SuprastockNA's Avatar
    A little off topic, but what are the Greddy part numbers on these? My knowledge is also based on the old BCC so if anyone has any info on these units your comments are appreciated.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuprastockNA View Post
    A little off topic, but what are the Greddy part numbers on these? My knowledge is also based on the old BCC so if anyone has any info on these units your comments are appreciated.
    The part numbers are:

GReddy BCC FCD ... 15510019
    GReddy SLC .......... 15590201

These items were bought from RHDJapan.com

SupraForums Member SuprastockNA's Avatar
    Thanks. Hope you get the info you're looking for

I just received mine which I'll use on my USDM to replace an HKS FCD. We'll see how it goes but, I'm hoping that my rough idle and recent P1512 code on the dyno will be history.

l S366 l HKS Mani l HKS GTII WG | BMCP FMIC l HKS Exhaust l Tial BOV l
    PHR Stage 3 1000cc l Crower 272 l Ferrea 1mm over l Dual Densos l ProEFI 128 CAN l Griffin Rad l RPS CC |

So you don't have to tune this "NEW" Greddy BCC (#15510019) how did this it take for shipping with RHDJapan.com? So far i can only find one other site (Nengun Performance) that has the JZA80 one.

2004 Black Twin Turbo Viper
    2009 Black Prius Racecar
    1995 Black 6 Speed
    1998 Imperial Jade Mica Auto 1 of 10 RIP

there is an article on MKIV.com on this installation. I haven't got around installing it myself yet.

SupraForums Member
    As the author of the mkiv.com BCC article, I would really like to have the OP or someone clarify a couple things about this newer type:

-Have you opened the case to be sure there is indeed no set-screw inside? (I'll go out on a limb and bet a 6-pack that there is a set screw, and that it is technically not really different than the old one.)
    -Could you please measure what voltage it is putting out as it comes from the factory? Just hook it up to a 12V source and measure as described in the link in my sig. Report back

Note that even with the old BCC, Greddy didn't advise anyone to open it up and set it to 4.1 or 4.3V. The old one would prevent boost cut with no adjustment straight out of the box. But they shipped them with the voltage setting unnecessarily low, and quite variable from unit-to-unit. The adjustment to 4.1/4.3V simply makes the signal to the ECU as least-altered as possible while avoiding cut.

As far as the Speed Cut controller, I can't see why anyone would go to the expense and wiring of that device, when just pulling the Trac fuse accomplishes the same thing.

Brian
    Last edited by beezupra; 07-17-2008 at 10:55 AM.

1998 QS 6MT; white-glove BPU; 5/06 - current
    1994 Alpine 6MT 414rwhp; 5/99 - 11/03
    BCC Tech: http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/bcc.../bcc_intro.htm

Quote Originally Posted by todapwr View Post
    So you don't have to tune this "NEW" Greddy BCC (#15510019) how did this it take for shipping with RHDJapan.com? So far i can only find one other site (Nengun Performance) that has the JZA80 one.
    Shipping took about a week and approximately $7.50 (804 yen).

Quote Originally Posted by beezupra View Post
    As the author of the mkiv.com BCC article, I would really like to have the OP or someone clarify a couple things about this newer type:

-Have you opened the case to be sure there is indeed no set-screw inside? (I'll go out on a limb and bet a 6-pack that there is a set screw, and that it is technically not really different than the old one.)
    -Could you please measure what voltage it is putting out as it comes from the factory? Just hook it up to a 12V source and measure as described in the link in my sig. Report back

Note that even with the old BCC, Greddy didn't advise anyone to open it up and set it to 4.1 or 4.3V. The old one would prevent boost cut with no adjustment straight out of the box. But they shipped them with the voltage setting unnecessarily low, and quite variable from unit-to-unit. The adjustment to 4.1/4.3V simply makes the signal to the ECU as least-altered as possible while avoiding cut.

As far as the Speed Cut controller, I can't see why anyone would go to the expense and wiring of that device, when just pulling the Trac fuse accomplishes the same thing.

Brian
    I'll try and see if I can open the box and report back on the voltage.

SupraForums Member
    I just saw that my thread is keeping on
    The speed cut defencer is only for jdm supras and aristos (max 180 km/h).
    The EURO spec and USA spec supras get rid the speed cut by taking off the
    trac fuse (max 259km/h) .On the JDM this trick doesn't work
    You need 100% a speed cut defencer,and every JDM engine (5M,6M,7M,1JZ,2JZ
    and more)

With the Trust/Greddy speed cut defencer I managed to get rid the speed
    cut (at 180 km/h) and go over 240 km/h without any issue,no engine codes,
    like OEM stuff!

Now...about the Trust/Greddy BCC. I have it installed on my car. I think I have
    wired the cables correctly! But last time I set the BC at 1.0 bar (14.5 psi) and I hit
    fuel cut at 0.90 bar (about 13 psi) ....on a very hot day!
    I haven't had the time to re-check the wiring of the BCC,and find out what is
    wrong. But the new BCC device doesn't have a voltage regulator!

SupraForums Member
    Double post...

Quote Originally Posted by beezupra View Post

Brian
    I just got done removing the HKS FCD and replacing it with the BCC. It turns out you are correct! There is a screw which regulates the voltage. I openned the case and tested voltage from the factory. It read 4.33. I turned the screw and was able to set it to 4.10. There is also a nice 'kind' of feature that alows you to turn the screw without openning the unit. Right behind the label there is an openning which you can get to the screw and turn it.

I'm hoping I don't get the P1512 code any longer nor that dreadful fuel-cut feeling.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjchavez View Post
    I just got done removing the HKS FCD and replacing it with the BCC. It turns out you are correct! There is a screw which regulates the voltage. I openned the case and tested voltage from the factory. It read 4.33. I turned the screw and was able to set it to 4.10. There is also a nice 'kind' of feature that alows you to turn the screw without openning the unit. Right behind the label there is an openning which you can get to the screw and turn it.

I'm hoping I don't get the P1512 code any longer nor that dreadful fuel-cut feeling.

Great work on checking it out! Perhaps Greddy is shipping these out more carefully set than before; but sounds like pretty much the same circuitry.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjchavez View Post

....hmmmmm..
    Can you post a picture of the screw on the bcc please?
    It should be a very small one!

I took some pictures but they are not very good. Is the only way to post an image by linking to another website? (i.e. http) I'm new to the forum.

Sorry guys this is a bit off-topic too but I have installed a Titan dp recently on my '97 TT and the car feels way faster then before.. But so far I haven't experienced any boost cut.. or even a check engine light. The dp supports my factory O2 sensors and I'm running the HKS ti exhaust and a Max Air boxxer intake (just some extra info). I'm not complaining but I would like to know whether something is wrong or God just loves me better than u guys.. any info would help. Thanks

-G

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuPrA-NaTuRaL View Post
    Sorry guys this is a bit off-topic too but I have installed a Titan dp recently on my '97 TT and the car feels way faster then before.. But so far I haven't experienced any boost cut.. or even a check engine light. The dp supports my factory O2 sensors and I'm running the HKS ti exhaust and a Max Air boxxer intake (just some extra info). I'm not complaining but I would like to know whether something is wrong or God just loves me better than u guys.. any info would help. Thanks

-G
    Are you sure you don't have a bcc, or maybe even the HKS FCD, or even worse, the FFCD? Check to make sure your turbo pressure sensor is connected properly, it's on the intake side of the head just inside the cam cover...like this but ignore the strange lines and tee

Nick 95 6sp
    Twin Garrett GT2860's w/TiAL exhaust housings, WG's and BOV's, on V-band moded HKS twin manifolds, AEM v2, AEM WB, ID1000's,
    AEM meth/water spray kit, GSC S1 cams, ported head Ferrea valvetrain, +0.020" CP pistons w/crown & skirt coatings, Carrillo H-beams,
    OS Giken triple clutch & Super Lock LSD, Racelogic TC, TRD gen2 catback
    street wheels: Veilside EvoV 9-1/2"F X 10-1/2"R with 265/35F & 285/35R NT05's
    track wheels: CCW LM5 10"F X 11-1/2"R with 285/30F & 315/30R R888's

Thanks for the tip bro. I bought the car bone stock from a 47 yr. old guy that never modified the car so I'm guessin' theres no BCC or anything like that installed.. I however bought a Greddy BCC that I'm waiting to install but just held up on why I don't have boost cut yet.. I kinda like to inspect and analyze u know? But I will check the turbo pressure sensor connection. One more thing. Do u think the ecu hasn't adapted to the mods and re-setting it would do the trick or I juss wait it out? Thanks again.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuPrA-NaTuRaL View Post
    Thanks for the tip bro. I bought the car bone stock from a 47 yr. old guy that never modified the car so I'm guessin' theres no BCC or anything like that installed.. I however bought a Greddy BCC that I'm waiting to install but just held up on why I don't have boost cut yet.. I kinda like to inspect and analyze u know? But I will check the turbo pressure sensor connection. One more thing. Do u think the ecu hasn't adapted to the mods and re-setting it would do the trick or I juss wait it out? Thanks again.
    Some cars will hit boost cut with only a downpipe/exhaust/intake, but some will peak boost just shy of the trigger level and won't hit cut until they add a boost controller and turn it up. I'm sure that's the case for you.

Keep in mind that to trigger fuel/boost cut, it is necessary to both exceed approximately 14 psi, AND sustain that for about 3 seconds.

If you actually want to try to hit boost cut, drive in as cool weather as possible, and increase your engine load - ie going uphill and in a higher gear makes a big difference. Try say flooring it at 110 mph in 5th uphill.....but hitting cut at that speed might make you crap your pants! Maybe better to just add your boost controller and BCC.

Congrats on finding a stocker - hard to find! Pics/details would be fun.

Thanks for the info man. I remember reading something about not hitting boost cut in higher temp. And yeh I'm happy with the car man. Took me a while but I found the one I wanted. I will post some pics and info on it as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JZA70Claou View Post
    ....hmmmmm..
    Can you post a picture of the screw on the bcc please?
    It should be a very small one!
    Here's a picture of the 'opened' new Greddy BCC. The voltage adjusting screw is at the bottom left hand side of the board -- it looks like a sun dial.

http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/809.pdf

Greddy Speed Cut Controller Manual

Question on bcc,speed limiter cut

Does anyone know if I will need a bcc or speed limiter cut if i'm using an AEM standalone ecu, where I can control much more then the stock ecu?

No

1994 Alpine Silver 6spd
    Full Race/Twins Turbo Built

+ Reply to Thread