600whp Turbo and fuel setup for my 2jz 240sx-

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 600whp Turbo and fuel setup for my 2jz 240sx-

600whp Turbo and fuel setup for my 2jz 240sx-

Hey guys I am currently in the process of piecing together a kit for my upcoming
    2jzgte swap which is going into my 93 240sx. Currently its running a gt3076r @ 440whp with a very responsive tourqe curve. I am looking for something of similar response as the car is tracked on the weekends and occasionally drifted.

-Which turbo will make a responsive/fast spooling 600whp
    -What type of fuel setup/changes would you guys recommend to handle this power

Currently my car is running a dual walbro 255 setup in a factory 240sx fuel tank with all factory lines. Will I have to upgrade any of these items for 600whp? Also will my factory final drive ration of 4.083 with an r154 tranny be to high of a final drive for this sort of power on the track or street?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
    Hey guys I am currently in the process of piecing together a kit for my upcoming
    2jzgte swap which is going into my 93 240sx. Currently its running a gt3076r @ 440whp with a very responsive tourqe curve. I am looking for something of similar response as the car is tracked on the weekends and occasionally drifted.

-Which turbo will make a responsive/fast spooling 600whp
    -What type of fuel setup/changes would you guys recommend to handle this power

Currently my car is running a dual walbro 255 setup in a factory 240sx fuel tank with all factory lines. Will I have to upgrade any of these items for 600whp? Also will my factory final drive ration of 4.083 with an r154 tranny be to high of a final drive for this sort of power on the track or street?
    Wow, thats exactly what I'm trying to do with my 2jz S14.
    I'm going with a PT67 0.68 A/R. Mine is for track duty and highway pulls, no drifting here. This turbo from what I have been researching on has real close to stock Twins spool on the 2JZ and can hit 700+HP. You may also look into a PT63 which should be able to hit 600HP and spool quicker than the stock twins.

I'm still indecided on fuel options. I want 600+HP on pump, and the only way I can accomplish that is with E85 or meth injection. But in order to run E85 I will be needing at least 1000cc injectors(most likely 1200cc just to be sure) and at least dual Walbro's and maybe even triple walbros or triple TT supra pumps. E-85 is available not too far from my house, and my S14 will be weekend /track only car.
    Also will be needing a standalone.

I can also go meth injection, I just dont know if its a dependable and reliable as straight pump E85. It would be easier to set up meth than E85, but in the long run E85 is probably the better choice.

HOw did you do the 2 pump hanger? You have a build thread?
    Dont know if any of that helped you or not.

E85 out here is not very common anymore. But I plan on running meth anyways as we have alot of experienced Meth tuners in our area (LOL). The shop I go to fabricated my current fuel setup and I am currently running an Apexi PFC.

Banned
    IC. Good luck with the new turbo

SupraForums Member
    i bet tripple pumps in a S14 is a bitch to install.

Is it turbo? Is it stick? TROLL's Avatar
    For road racing and drifting i'd value a more linear powerband over max power... if you were to go with a 61mm turbo you'd have great spool and still be able to make over 500 whp without doing anything crazy. You can get a 67mm turbo and hit 600 whp or more if you want, but it will shift the curve to the right a bit of course.

As for fuel, you can keep your dual walbros but I would have them each feeding their own lines, so you can probably keep your stock feed line and add a -6 line and inline filter as well. Run them to a dual feed rail and you should be able to just keep your stock return line with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (not familliar with 240s stock feed or return lines, but this is how you do it on Supras).

Quote Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
    For road racing and drifting i'd value a more linear powerband over max power... if you were to go with a 61mm turbo you'd have great spool and still be able to make over 500 whp without doing anything crazy. You can get a 67mm turbo and hit 600 whp or more if you want, but it will shift the curve to the right a bit of course.

As for fuel, you can keep your dual walbros but I would have them each feeding their own lines, so you can probably keep your stock feed line and add a -6 line and inline filter as well. Run them to a dual feed rail and you should be able to just keep your stock return line with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (not familliar with 240s stock feed or return lines, but this is how you do it on Supras).
    Do you think a .86 gt35r would be a good alternative to the 61mm turbo? Also I plan on running upgraded feed and return lines. Unless you are referring to the factory hard lines running from the pump to the engine bay.

Is it turbo? Is it stick? TROLL's Avatar
    I'm not sure what 240 guys normally do for high HP as far as fuel pumps and lines, but Supra guys often go with a dual pump setup. One pump uses the factory fuel feed line and factory filter, then -6 line from there to the fuel rail. The other pump feeds right to -6 line and an aftermarket filter, then on to the rail. We also run -6 line from the rail back to the factory return line and just use the factory return line and thats good for 700+ whp just like that.
    If the 240 is different then I wouldnt know so you'll have to talk to some high hp 240 guys to get their expertise on that.

And a GT35r would work well I think... there's no right or wrong with it so its hard to say. I forgot to mention in my last post that I have an ITS 61mm turbo for sale on here, I posted a FS ad for it if you want to look for that or you can just shoot me a PM if you're interested.

2j 240 sleeper
    the feed and return lines of the fuel assembly is a 1/4"

+ Reply to Thread