TT an IS300 with Supra head & twins.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TT an IS300 with Supra head & twins.

paid cash 4 my mkiv Maximus Decimus Meridius's Avatar

TT an IS300 with Supra head & twins.

Are there any members here with a good experience? I have a head and can get stock twins cheap. I know I have to move quite a few things around to swap the head. I just don't want to go single. I know single will probably be cheaper if you piece your own kit togather. I just want something different. What do you guys say.

Any members with tips and advices.

Thanks.

Atif.

sig by Boostrush

I have rare Supra matchbox limited models for sale.
    PM me for details.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Found E85 NOT in NJ! twinturbosupra94's Avatar
    The problem is going to be dealing with the fact that NA motors have a dizzy while TT have coilpacks.

I remember seeing someone back in the day with the TT turbo setup but strapped onto a NA head......you might want to research that because in order to use that TT head, you are going to need a standalone.

Quote Originally Posted by twinturbosupra94 View Post
    The problem is going to be dealing with the fact that NA motors have a dizzy while TT have coilpacks.

I remember seeing someone back in the day with the TT turbo setup but strapped onto a NA head......you might want to research that because in order to use that TT head, you are going to need a standalone.
    IS300s don't have distibutors.

I'm pretty certain he is going to need a patch harness for a Supra ECU, or a standalone.

Then he can factor in the strength of the weaker 2jzge vvti block, and how much power it's capable of.

If the OP wants to do this cheap, the best option is to go single, or even fab up a twin turbo setup.

What you could do is get an NA SC300 block, mate it to a GTE head with steel twins, and you'll have pretty decent power at that point. You'll still need a standalone or patch harness though.

SC300 - 313whp/320tq - It's a Supra with a fat suit on.
    The cheapest 2JZGTE Build EVER...under $1k

Quote Originally Posted by SideWinderGX View Post
    No wonder you won't blow up that picture, I can see cellulite on her sitting on the other side of the room.

Keep lying to yourself about having a thin girlfriend. I bet you screw her with the lights off :lol:

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twinturbosupra94 View Post
    Well actually IS300's don't have distributors. I think the original poster is talking about putting a TT head on an IS300, but he didn't make it very clear. But, why would you only swap the head? If you are going to do the swap in an IS300 just swap in a whole GTE VVTi aristo motor. Those are the ones that bolt into an IS300 the easiest. But it is far from easy. You will still have to piggy back the stock ecu and or run a stand alone. It is a ton of money and not a very simple swap to do. Go search on my.is and they will tell you how hard it is and how much money you are going to have to spend.

ProEFI

'06 IS350

Lagger
    Guys some of you miss the point of the thread. He wants to turn his IS into a turbo car.

Quote Originally Posted by attie4 View Post
    ...I have a head and can get stock twins cheap. I know I have to move quite a few things around to swap the head. I just don't want to go single. I know single will probably be cheaper if you piece your own kit togather. I just want something different. What do you guys say.

Any members with tips and advices.

Thanks.

Atif.
    Back to topic.
    As far as i can see with your problems or soon to be problems is with what tavarish
    is going to be your wiring. But since your down there with the head off. I would strongly suggest you change the pistons at least.
    Just my 2 cents.

paid cash 4 my mkiv Maximus Decimus Meridius's Avatar
    I have Supra pistons and rods too. I can get a block pretty cheap. Infact a friend of mine have one from his SC. I'm not looking for big power. Close to 380 is good for Xcross. And Yes, the TT head will be going on to my IS GE block. I can go small single but I want to be a little different. Piggy bag is not a problem. I'm willing to change that with the swap. I just don't want to go through the pain of pulling the block and stuff. The only thing I'm really missing are the TT cams.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text