I-81 or I-95 Best route from the upstate NY to North Florida?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I-81 or I-95 Best route from the upstate NY to North Florida?

Life begins @ 30psi....

I-81 or I-95 Best route from the upstate NY to North Florida?

Hey guys and gals I was wondering if I could get some input from you all. I am picking up new Supra in Conneticut on Friday and then I will be staying with family in upstate NY until Sunday morning. My wife will fly in on Saturday morning and we will be drving the Supra from the Pawling NY area to Pensacola, Florida starting Sunday morning. We plan on driving until dusk then stay the night in a Hotel the be back home in Pensacola on Monday afternoon just taking our time.

My question is that what route do you think is best? All the online resources I am checking say basically travel west on I-84 into Pennsylvania then take I-81 south into northern Alabama. In looking closer at things it looks as the taking I-95 south then taking I-20 into Atlanta would be better.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
    Bob
    1998 Black 6 speed - BL 4" kit with a Billet 6765, BC 272 cams, TPS ported and polished head, setup for E-85, RPS triple carbon, AEM V2, 1600cc inj in my own custom fuel system, Greddy3 row, ect , ect, Alpha tuned. Numbers coming soon!!!

1994 Single Turbo Supra - BL / SP Hybrid 71-GTS / 760+rwhp with all the goodies. Singled, Stalled, Sprayed, AEM. 9 Second capable and one awesome street car.****SOLD 6/5/2008**** but not forgotten.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

I would take I-95 and then take the 20 to atlanta like you said

I usually take 81s then 83s then 695 to 95s when I'm coming back to Fl from NY, I'd stay away from Atlanta,unless you love sitting in traffic
    _Stefan B
    elite custom body + paint

do what's right,not what's easy
    Need professional advice or opinion on body/paint/assembly or cosmetic related issues?Just ask.

http://www.facebook.com/ELITECUSTOMBODY

Atlanta traffic isnt that bad compared to Philly or New York traffic.

I chose 81 because I wanted to stay away from VA cops, and their stupid variety of undercover (hummers,vettes) cop cars. I have a rather heavy foot at times. Well at all times, I generally cruise between 80-90.
    1997 RSP/Black Bpu 6 speed
    1997 Black Auto TT BPU #1
    1997 Black Auto TT BPU #2

Always looking to buy clean lower mileage 6 speed supra's, and RSP's

Ego death and trance topguncam3888's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by exvelocity View Post
    I usually take 81s then 83s then 695 to 95s when I'm coming back to Fl from NY, I'd stay away from Atlanta,unless you love sitting in traffic
    +1

DC is a bitch but after that 95 is pretty smooth sailing. I recommend traveling at night too.

695 will take you around most of the DC traffic,

SupraForums Member
    i did mass to pensacola in 20hrs straight. thats were i met that asshole brain proctor aka fiftyfifity racing. anyways its a long hall straight

Play at your own risk
    I-81 is scenic, I-95 flat all the way with traffic in Northern states. In day time, I'd take I-81, night time I-95 as it has more places to pull in (gas stations, places to sleep). I-95 might be faster route below DC.

I-81 is a decent choice. I live right off of it in VA and one thing you have to remember is that its one of the, if not the, busiest trucking lanes in the country. Usually however traffic is pretty smooth, and at least through VA (the bulk of my experience with it) you avoid a lot of big-city stuff and its fairly scenic. If you take it, watch your speeds around Woodstock, VA and Roanoke, VA, two unmarked car/hidden cop car hot spots.

If you need a place to stay or a garage to work in when going down 81 in the Staunton area, just give me a shout!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text