targa top leaking

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: targa top leaking

SupraForums Member

targa top leaking

my targa top was leaking like a siv, so i replaced all the seals. most of the leaks have stopped but it still leaks at the corners of the targa top and on the passanger side there is a actual gap at the rear corner of the passanger side window. do all the targa tops leak like this or is there something i can do to fix it.
    any help would be sweet

thanks

nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

sometimes its just the way you tighten them up. Mine use to leak at the front driver side corner but then I changed the sequence in which I tightened them and it hasnt leaked since. Hope that helped

Joe
    97 MKIV 6spd Black APU GT42R 7275 CEA(My car) FOR SALE
    97 MKIV 6spd Green BPU+ (Wifes old car)SOLD
    04 Evo Silver (Wifes NEW car)
    98 Expedition (Family car)
    FIGHT ME ON http://joebpusupra.mybrute.com

SupraForums Member
    no ive tried tightening the targa different ways and it doesnt make a differance. do all the targas just leak?. i really want to fix this problem before i put the interior back together cause everything is new and i dont want to ruin it.

SupraForums Member
    My 95 has 114k and doesn't leak even in the worst rainstorm. I'm probably jinxing myself but did want to let you know it wasn't universal. Sorry though, I can't tell you how to solve your problem.

SupraForums Member
    i've never had a leak on my 93 or my 94 but i have seen some problems with the drain lines getting clogged. I believe mkiv.com has an article about checking and cleaning them

SupraForums Member
    ya i already replace the drain lines and resealed them. the problem is were the targa top seal meets the the front and rear seals of the car at the pass and driverside windows. there is a gap between everything. is there any way to adjust the windows so they are pushed more inward to make a tigher seal?

SupraForums Member
    ya i already replace the drain lines and resealed them. the problem is were the targa top seal meets the the front and rear seals of the car at the pass and driverside windows. there is a gap between everything. is there any way to adjust the windows so they are pushed more inward to make a tigher seal?

SupraForums Member

SupraForums Member

SupraForums Member crazyone2044's Avatar
    Try using some vaseline on the seals. It will make it a bit softer and stop most of the small leaks. This is the only thing that helped when i had 300zx with T tops.