Supra Forums banner

targa top leaking

5K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  insanearmer 
#1 ·
my targa top was leaking like a siv, so i replaced all the seals. most of the leaks have stopped but it still leaks at the corners of the targa top and on the passanger side there is a actual gap at the rear corner of the passanger side window. do all the targa tops leak like this or is there something i can do to fix it.
any help would be sweet

thanks

nick

#2 ·
sometimes its just the way you tighten them up. Mine use to leak at the front driver side corner but then I changed the sequence in which I tightened them and it hasnt leaked since. Hope that helped

#5 ·
i've never had a leak on my 93 or my 94 but i have seen some problems with the drain lines getting clogged. I believe mkiv.com has an article about checking and cleaning them

#6 ·
ya i already replace the drain lines and resealed them. the problem is were the targa top seal meets the the front and rear seals of the car at the pass and driverside windows. there is a gap between everything. is there any way to adjust the windows so they are pushed more inward to make a tigher seal?

#7 ·
ya i already replace the drain lines and resealed them. the problem is were the targa top seal meets the the front and rear seals of the car at the pass and driverside windows. there is a gap between everything. is there any way to adjust the windows so they are pushed more inward to make a tigher seal?

#8 ·

#9 ·

#12 ·
If you look in the factory shop manual, you'll see a procedure for "jacking" the windows in various directions with these cam-sort-of-things inside the door. If those are not adjusted properly, the window doesn't push against the seal the way it was intended. Since you have that gap, it sure sounds to me like that's the problem.

#13 ·
nick yea i talk to my shop forman today and asked him about that and he said the same thing too. im gonna try that and see what happens but the only thing is i dont have the shop manual. hopefully that works cause im getting sick of stairing my car and not driving it. does anyone have any links or something for the shop manual?

thanks
nick

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.