No power to inside fuse box?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No power to inside fuse box?

SupraForums Member

No power to inside fuse box?

I have power to the engine fuses but no power inside.

issues are

no power to AEM EMS pin 1A=== 12v ing

no power on main cluster

11.57 V off ALT (changed ALT and Battery)

fuel pumps dont turn on because EMS has no power

NO ING, we bypassed it to get the car to start.

We just changed the motor, and everything in the engine bay was pulled out for paint. we had power for 10 minutes then everything just shut off. I was thinking a blown fuse but we have changed/ checked all fuese that we know about.

Any Idea welcome???

Check all of your grounds. You said that you just painted under the hood so you could have a bad ground.

Check all of your grounds. You said that you just painted under the hood so you could have a bad ground. also check all of the plugs from the engine bay fuse box to the inside of the car.

damn, thats the same problem im having.

SupraForums Member
    cleaned up all grounds

1. the 3 engine grounds I have
    2. 2 body grounds by passanger and drivers fender

checked the two plugs on the main fuse box.

I dont have power to the two headlight fuses. Not to sure whats going on with that but my HID's dont work. Brights do!!!

basupra's worst nightmare Axoman's Avatar
    The factory wiring has what appears to be about a 10 gauge short wire going from the battery to the bottom of the fuse box. That's the only place the fuse box gets power when the car is off. This wire connects to a stud that also connects to the alternator feed via the fuse.

I'd check in these places to see if you are actually getting power.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axoman View Post
    The factory wiring has what appears to be about a 10 gauge short wire going from the battery to the bottom of the fuse box. That's the only place the fuse box gets power when the car is off. This wire connects to a stud that also connects to the alternator feed via the fuse.

I'd check in these places to see if you are actually getting power.
    Right, I am getting power to that fuse box but the power stops there.

Were going to swap relays like we did last night just to check one last time.

What wire takes power from the main fuse box to inside the car?

I know you said you checked but take jumper cables and hook one end to the neg the other end to the tow hook. I just went through this exact deal. Checked triple checked still ended up being the negative wasnt getting good ground. Good luck

Band on the Run BeyondTheGrave77's Avatar
    also double check your alternator fuse. I had a similar issue after putting the engine back in. There were a few unhooked ground wires which shorted out the alternator fuse(120amp) and I lost power to everything.

SupraForums Member
    dubble checked the fuses on the main box, all of them have 11volts except the two head light fuses.

I ran a few more grounds off the head but no luck.

the only grounds I had was when we first tryed to start the car was one off the block and one on the starter bolt. the main harness and a few wire all grounded at the same spot on the block. all ground were cleaned from paint so I know that they are good.

Why would the ALT not put out 14v when the plug going in has 12v and the fuse has 12v? there are three wires right there one is power one is a ground? and I the other a signal wire?

SupraForums Member
    Shawn do you still not have any power to the interior fuse box? Have you traced back from there to the main box?

Also does the ecu have any power at all? or just on certain plugs?

Also you guys were killing me this week with suspense..........how did you like that drive to gulfport

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa mike View Post
    Shawn do you still not have any power to the interior fuse box? Have you traced back from there to the main box?

Also does the ecu have any power at all? or just on certain plugs?

Also you guys were killing me this week with suspense..........how did you like that drive to gulfport
    Hey Mike,

the ECU has no power at all, so we hard wired it in off the battery( just to truble shoot)

No power what so ever the the fuse box under the drivers side kick pannel.

The drive to gulf port kicks ass!!! 6 hour drive to have the same problems however the guy Norm is a cool ass dude. I have never meet anyone who would let you have any part you ask for for free. Even if you did drive like two states over.

I may have to wait till monday and pull the wire digram up at work. My laptop wont read PDF files Once I know what wire feeds power to that fuse box inside I can start to figure out if the harness is bad( cause I did cut some wires out) or if the fuse box my be bad?

SupraForums Member
    It looks like the power to the fuse box under the left kick pannel comes from the ECU or off the body harness that contect to the main fuse box. Whats crazy is I have 12v at the 50a main fuse.

Maybe I poped a ground somewhere?

Life begins @ 30psi....
    Sean -

Still dealing with this?

Odd.

Bob
    1998 Black 6 speed - BL 4" kit with a Billet 6765, BC 272 cams, TPS ported and polished head, setup for E-85, RPS triple carbon, AEM V2, 1600cc inj in my own custom fuel system, Greddy3 row, ect , ect, Alpha tuned. Numbers coming soon!!!

1994 Single Turbo Supra - BL / SP Hybrid 71-GTS / 760+rwhp with all the goodies. Singled, Stalled, Sprayed, AEM. 9 Second capable and one awesome street car.****SOLD 6/5/2008**** but not forgotten.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Tompkins View Post
    Sean -

Still dealing with this?

Odd.

Bob
    yeah

I am really stumped on this one, all the fues and power sorces are good. I will start to check all the grounds tonight

Life begins @ 30psi....
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWally View Post
    yeah

I am really stumped on this one, all the fues and power sorces are good. I will start to check all the grounds tonight

I wish I had the time to help, I know I could figure it out with a little tinkering. At this point I would remove the entire harness(s) from the car and then resintall them again making sure that you do not miss anything dude. I have realy strange feeling it is really something small that is causing this.

Bob

SupraForums Member
    have you checked the plugs on the side of the engine fuse panel? make sure they are good and tight, I had this issue once and that fixed it.

Bill

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blksupratt View Post
    have you checked the plugs on the side of the engine fuse panel? make sure they are good and tight, I had this issue once and that fixed it.

Bill
    plugs were checked and dubble checked. All pin are solid. I thought that was the problem spot but its got to be somewhere inside by the left kick pannel.

SupraForums Member
    are you getting power to the AM1 wire (white wire) on the ignition switch?

...( cause I did cut some wires out) or if the fuse box my be bad?

If you did that, that would be the first thing, I would check, good luck!
    95 Toyota Supra NA 5 speed
    94 Lexus GS300 TT auto

SupraForums Member
    I havent had much time to work on the car this week but I did shoot some wires.

I have power to the fuse box under the left kick pannel!!!

Not all the fuses have power?

the ones that dont are

7.5 ST
    10A panel
    20A wiper
    10A mir-htr

I swaped out the two relays on the pannel but still have the same fueses with no power.

maybe someone has had the same problem?

SupraForums Member
    Crazy update

I was pulling the engine harness to swap in the new one I got off a buddy. To my suprise the last conector before the whole harness was out wasnt even pluged in all the way!!! The large orange conector by the ECU has a white lock bar that must be pushed up in order for the pins to make full contact. This bar was neverr lifted and I feel that this may just be the whole problem.

I am still installing the new harness right now, I just want to be sure the problems are fixed.

Crazy update

I was pulling the engine harness to swap in the new one I got off a buddy. To my suprise the last conector before the whole harness was out wasnt even pluged in all the way!!! The large orange conector by the ECU has a white lock bar that must be pushed up in order for the pins to make full contact. This bar was neverr lifted and I feel that this may just be the whole problem.

I am still installing the new harness right now, I just want to be sure the problems are fixed.
    If you don't mind me asking...why didn't you just plug the plug all the way back in to check before installing the new one?

SupraForums Member
    only because the harness was allready out. If I plug it in and put the car back together and it doesnt fix anything I will waste another 3 hrs pulling it back out. I want to kill 2 birds here, I allready have a good known harness. I dont care what fixes it just as long as its fixed!

SupraForums Member
    Update:

Not looking so good, I swaped the main harness out with a new one. I have the same problems going on. I will swap out all the relays now I have a new harness in the car. If that doesnt work the only two things I can think of are the ING switch or maybe I dont have my park nutral switch working?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast