Supra Forums banner

is300 gte swap

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Danez 
#1 ·
hey guys, this is actually my first post on this site. my main reason for joining is because i am interested in swapping a 2jz gte into my is300, and sadly i have had trouble finding good advice on other forums (which shall remain nameless). so i know this is not a site for is300s but i was hoping that you guys would have some advice for me, not only about the swap but about what other equipment i should look at should look at getting, i.e. exhaust, intake, etc. im not sure if i want to go the tt route or the single turbo route yet but that gets into some of my questions. anyways glad to be on here and look forward to talking to u guys.

#3 ·
Some people on IS forums will tell you that you can fit the stock twins but they also think that it is okay to jam your motor mounts into place and make the bolts on the bottom angle back in...yea real good!

Owner has finally listened to Matt and is now going with a single turbo. He also has a AEM that he is using on it. Aside from the twins not fitting without cutting the crap out of your heater core outlets and trying to mess up your mounts...fairly easy to do...

#6 ·
ok well in y'alls opinion would it be a better idea to try and create a tt setup or just go with a single. no i havent started yet im trying to track down a car with a blown engine so i can get it cheep and drop in the drive train i want, also whats going to be the best choice for a transmission thanks for the help so far guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.