Supra Forums banner

2JZGTE VVTi Wiring diagrams and ECU Pinouts

60K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  01silveraltezza 
#1 · (Edited)
Mods: Please add to the FAQ if you want, was going to update my other VVTi thread but I'm not sure where it went???

Hi all,

I've had a few requests for the 2JZGTE vvti wiring and ECU pinouts, so here they are. Took me a little to put the ECU pinouts together so please enjoy!

2JZGTE VVTi ECU Pinouts and wiring digrams:

Pinouts in XLS and PDF Format - http://www.2jzgarage.com/2012/01/supra-2jzgte-vvti-ecu-pinouts-97-8-02/

Wiring Diagrams (Includes non-vvti also) - http://www.2jzgarage.com/2012/01/supra-2jzgte-vvti-wiring-diagrams-97-8-02/

Body Loom and other harness connectors - http://www.2jzgarage.com/2012/01/supra-2jzgte-vvti-body-loom-pinouts-97-8-02/ - Big thanks to EMPEROR for these

Disclaimer - I don't take any responsibility for these diagrams, these are referenced off 2 different diagrams I have of the 2JZGTE vvti and some are in Japanese, it is possible that some could be incorrect wire colours or descriptions due to translation errors. If you are unsure please trace wires or deal with an auto electrical professional.

See less See more
#3 ·
98SZR you are definately setting the bar high for VVT-i knowledge and it is a pleasure to follow your threads and attention to detail. Definately boldly going where no US Supra owners have gone & definately helped me big time in my personal VVT-i build. Hopefully I can pick your brain more once I return home and finish up my build. Thanks again.

#6 ·
No worries mate, glad to help out the supraforums community as they ahve helped me so much with my builds too :)

Great knowledge here. I'm just in the middle of big-cam, big-twin, true DBW on my VVTi - I've put the details in my thread. Please feel free to use that information anywhere.
Cheers mate, looks like a nice build, goodluck with it all!

Nice I see you upgraded it to the good stuff.

STP is used for both auto and manual.

The wires that are labeled E shift up and down are present on my 6spd harness which I think is kind of weird.

MPX1 and MPX2 stand for multiplex or is it multiplexing. Instead of having a separate wire for a bunch of different functions the technologically advanced aristo groups certain functions into a single circuit presumably using a digital signal.
Hey mate - thanks to you for making me get off my arse and update the diagrams :) Thanks for the MPX info, had a quick read on it all.

#4 ·
Great knowledge here. I'm just in the middle of big-cam, big-twin, true DBW on my VVTi - I've put the details in my thread. Please feel free to use that information anywhere.

#5 · (Edited)
Nice I see you upgraded it to the good stuff.

STP is used for both auto and manual.

The wires that are labeled E shift up and down are present on my 6spd harness which I think is kind of weird.

MPX1 and MPX2 stand for multiplex or is it multiplexing. Instead of having a separate wire for a bunch of different functions the technologically advanced aristo groups certain functions into a single circuit presumably using a digital signal.

Attachments

#22 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.