7mge to 7mgte common problems?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7mge to 7mgte common problems?

7mge to 7mgte common problems?

Alright got almost everything I need to know cept a few things like, does the gte bolt onto the W58 transmission? Is there anything else that this swap requres? I already know about tac. Ecu for ge works on gte i think. Any other problems that pop up. Sorry bout bringing this up again but I just can't find shit about it on the forums.

SF Contributing Member 87supramario's Avatar
    if you have a 7mgte i would not waste it with a w58. get the r154 if your going gte

If you are going GTE, get everything that is on a GTE car, like the R154, driveshaft, ecu, wiring harness.
    7M-Clevite bearings, Eagle Rods, Carillo Pistons, Treadstone TR1235 Intercooler, Tial F46, HKS SSQV, Mishimoto Radiator & Clutch Fan, Apexi Neo, Beech Performance stuff & adding more...

Everything fits in without any cutin or weldin?

100% yes, I got a donor car for my swap to make it a little easier. No cutting, or welding. For the clutch master cylinder you have to pop out two plastic body plugs on the firewall. That is the most fabrication you will have to do.

SF Contributing Member 87supramario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    100% yes, I got a donor car for my swap to make it a little easier. No cutting, or welding. For the clutch master cylinder you have to pop out two plastic body plugs on the firewall. That is the most fabrication you will have to do.

would you need a gte rear end aswell?

Resurrection complete. Stealth power coming soon. Build thread-> http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=614654[/CENTER]

Depends, you might want a gte rear end, or you could put an aftermarket diff in your existing one.

+ Reply to Thread