Supra Forums banner

PROEFI saved my motor from boom boom

5K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  poorboyj 
#1 ·
Yes like the title says the proefi has saved my motor due to fuel pressure being to low. I was noticing something was wrong with my car and brought it it to Sound Performance to check and see what the issue was. Every time I would accelerate the exclamation point in the middle of the dash would be flashing telling me something wasn't right. So when I brought it in Larry hooked the laptop up and had me do a couple pulls while the proefi was logging. My fuel pressure dropped to 30psi when it should of been at 60psi. Just wanted to say that the proefi is an outstanding ecu. I am almost in shock to know that the proefi was picking that up and immediately took care of it for me. Anybody who is considering going standalone I highly recommend the proefi. I think i'm going to take the proefi out and give it a hug for saving my motor lol. Thanks Larry and SP for helping me out today. :)

#3 ·
The ProEFI saw that the pressure dropped, compensated the fuel injector pulse to maintain safe air fuel ratios, and of course lowered the boost and set the check engine light off to notify the customer of the problem. Of course it also stored the fault in memory so I could easily see what was going on!!

Further, if the ProEFI could not have maintained a safe a/f, it would have invoked a rev limiter to shut him down.

#6 ·
Clearly, you love your ProEFI. Queue the mood lighting and the romantic music! The man needs some quality time with his EMS.

I might just watch this romantic thriller with the Mrs. There's some potentially high drama, some intrigue, a realization of just how close the relationship came to the brink of disaster, and a happy ending. I'm in.

#7 ·
lol sounds like a great film. I will also add that my car was still able to function okay and pull like crazy while this issue was going on. The proefi was able to solve the issue but still allow my car to drive properly and do solid pulls.

#18 ·
what did you guys do to modify your fuel socks?? I am pretty sure that is what has caused my drop in pressure. Also when I was driving home from SP I noticed one of my pumps was making a weird noise. It was like a whiny noise and i never heard that kind of noise before. So I am thinking its from the sock getting sucked up.

#21 ·
#22 ·
Your pumps will sit to high with that, drill them and be done with it. Pull each fuse while the pumps are on and see what each reads for pressure. As well as making sure both are coming on.

#25 ·
Hey guys well it turns out that my sock was getting sucked up just like what nate and reid determined. I then went to SP and drilled 4 holes into the fitting itself. This will allow fuel to travel into the holes even if the sock gets stuck on the bottom hole where fuel is originally supposed to travel too.

#27 ·
Hey guys well it turns out that my sock was getting sucked up just like what nate and reid determined. I then went to SP and drilled 4 holes into the fitting itself. This will allow fuel to travel into the holes even if the sock gets stuck on the bottom hole where fuel is originally supposed to travel too.
Yea told ya, mine did the same thing on the dyno @ sp. It's good to see my invention has caught on. also be careful that your pump socks aren't sitting on the floor of the fuel tank and are elevated.

#32 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. We are currently waiting on a shipment of new style 044 pre-filter/socks to arrive from Europe. These will eliminate the need to modify the adapter. Also, be on the look out for new 044 and 342 (Walbro) style pumps with more flow, higher pressures, and less current draw. More photos and info when these arrive.

Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.