Help! Alarm Keeps Going off!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help! Alarm Keeps Going off!

Help! Alarm Keeps Going off!

I have an aftermarket viper alarm installed on my mk4. This is very annoying, the alarm goes off randomly. It didn't start happening until maybe 3 months ago. I had the Viper alarm installed in there about 2 years ago.

What is weird is that the actual viper siren isn't going off but instead it is the stock horn sound. I'm not sure what the problem could be. My battery is good.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member FLINTSTONESKID's Avatar
    wait, so you said in the first sentence that your alarm is going off randomly. then you say in the end that it is a stock horn. now, are the stock horns included in the vipers system? if not, then i would say that you have something else going on, perhaps electronically. if the viper is going off randomly, depending on which model, they have sensitivity screws that can be adjusted to less sensitive.

oh, also, was there a stock theft deterant system in your car from toyota and was it uninstalled? think about that one.

this started happening to my car as well. i have a compustar alarm on it. it would go off in the middle of the night just randomly parked in the garage. nothing would touch it... perhaps try turning down the sensitivity on the knock sensor?

It is not the sensitivity for sure that is a fact. I've had it for so long and never does it go off like that. I think it has to do with the stock security system... I think my viper alarm is wired into the stock system. The red light from the stock security system stays solid when I arm the car using the viper remote.

I'm not sure what system I have other than stock, but I am having this problem too, however, twice, once 2 months ago, and once yesterday my alarm went off while I was driving. I've had my Supra for almost 7 years now and this has never happened until now. When this happens, I am locked in the car and flipping the door lock does nothing. If I turn the car off it will not start back up. What the hell is going on?
    Last edited by Macleod; 01-14-2011 at 05:10 AM.

My alarm was doin this and I have a viper aswell. After doing some trouble shooting I noticed that the hood sensor switch wire was routed through the same compartment that the winshield wiper motor is in. When I did the clutch pedal mod I had to take that panel off so thats when I noticed that the motion of the wiper motor rubbed the insolation on the wire creating it to ground setting the alarm off. It would very from time to time when it went off and it was because the wire was being moved around by the motor. Shitty install....check your wiring and where it routes through. It could be your sensitivity aswell. When it goes off what does it show on your key remote? (that will help you narrow the sensor down if your having a short)
    [IMG][/IMG]

.....what were we talking about again?

Unfortunately I don't have a pager alarm, but I will check my hood sensor.

i think it might be my hood sensor as well. shitty connection maybe... good idea riv!

Make sure the Disarm wire is hooked up properly at the drivers kick panel. If there is a problem with the disarm wire it will make the Factory alarm go off.

98 Quicksilver 6-Speed 1036 RWHP, 95% NEW. Built for E85, Titan 3.4L STROKER, Titan Stage 4 Head, FULL RACE TWIN SCROLL MANIFOLD, HYPERTUNE INTAKE, ID2000, GT45R, TWIN FULL RACE V44 WASTE GATES, AEM V2, RPS Carbon Triple, TRD Carbon Fiber Steering wheel, TRD 10K Tach, MVP triple Hanger with Denso Pumps, HKS Ti Exhaust, TITAN Sway Bars, TITAN Cam Gears, HKS H-Max 3 Coilovers, R2 BUSHINGS, 19X11 & 19X9.5 HRE 845R, HKS X2 BOV, GREDDY 4 Row, Wicked CAS Custom Intercooler piping, Wicked CAS Stereo Install with KENWOOD, JL AUDIO and Magic Box, Paint w/Ceramic Clear Incuding Engine bay, Carbon Fiber Lip, FJO Wide Band, PLX 4 In 1 GAUGE, ALL Vins.

What exactly does the disarm wire connect to?

SupraForums Member scoobydrivin219's Avatar
    if it's the factory horn, then that is your factory alarm going off. Either something on the aftermarket alarm is triggering it, or its just going bad

Disarm wire is used to turn off the factory alarm system when you unlock the doors via your aftermarket remote control.

I realized that my security system light just stays on when I arm the car. It does not flash but stays lit continuously. Is that an indication of anything?

SupraForums Member kiro1968@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chopstickz View Post
    I realized that my security system light just stays on when I arm the car. It does not flash but stays lit continuously. Is that an indication of anything?
    yes, means your system is screwed...ahaha, on a serious note refer to TSRM Vol.2 Page: BE-158 about your secruity light. I'm busy this week, if your still having problems with it by next week, look me up and I can come over to help you figure out whats wrong with it. ^_^
    1993 Toyota Supra Black NA 5spd -> TT Engine Swap 5spd

Please come help me Roy. lol Help me install my W58 too

SupraForums Member kiro1968@yahoo.com's Avatar
    lol...thought you done the w58 already? I should be free again starting monday so I can help you out then. PM me when you're free ^_^ and we'll figure something out.

+ Reply to Thread