MVP Motorsports Engine Girdle Kit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MVP Motorsports Engine Girdle Kit

SupraForums Member

MVP Motorsports Engine Girdle Kit

There is not ARP bolts for the factory main cap #7 in the kit ???
    Supra 1994' 6 Speed
    AEM EMS
    HKS DLI
    BL 67mm
    850cc Titan Fuel System
    HKS Exhaust
    3'' Row Intercooler
    607RWHP 28PSI
    http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=408511

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Looks like you are missing 2 studs, sorry about that sir. We have the custom studs for #7 in stock here. Please give us your order information so we can ship the missing studs right out to you. I apologize for the inconvenience and any delay its causing you!

Kind regards,

Dusty
    **Current Supra News**
    July 1st

GROUP BUY - 100% Carbon Fiber Interior Pieces!

MVP, your ECU kings! Stocking Authorized Distributors for:
    AEM Infinity Packages IN STOCK! SUPRAFORUMS ONLY AUTHORIZED AEM DEALER and ONLY AUTHORIZED INFINITY TUNER (there's a reason for that...)!!!
    Haltech - Will beat anyone's deal on Haltech period!
    ProEFI - It finally got good so we are finally offering it! Contact us for pricing on your custom setup.
    MAP ECU 3 - The best MAP ECU yet, and we keep them on the shelf all the way from Australia. The best solution on the market if you don't have a spare kidney!
    HKS F-Con V-PRo - Nope...nevermind. You don't want this anymore (unless you want the one out of my Supra)!

First ever 100% Titanium (SERIALIZED) Strut Tower Bar. Details HERE.

Is MVP an authorized dealer?

TRD 10K Tachs are back in stock (only a handful remaining).
    TRD Speedometers for our JDM/RHD customers - We have Series 1 and Series 2 in stock now!

MVP Motorsports
    9,000+ UNIQUE Performance Parts Online Specific to Your Car.

dusty@mvpmotorsports.com
    940-683-8282 x14

Quote Originally Posted by J. Cooper View Post
    Dammit Kevin, I spent all my money on last years MVP BFS!!! One of the main reasons why my bitch (ex) wife divorced me... BUT SO WORTH IT!!! hahaha....

SupraForums Member
    So there are 14 studs
    thank you for this information.

This kit is full plug and play ?

SupraForums Member
    Yes, there are a total of 14 studs. I bought it for my 1JZ and it works great. I don't know how much the bottom end will hold with Clevites, ARP and the girdle but I believe it will hold a lot. Any comments Dusty?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan 16s View Post
    So there are 14 studs
    thank you for this information.

This kit is full plug and play ?

Yes and yes!

Quote Originally Posted by IBoughtASupra View Post
    Yes, there are a total of 14 studs. I bought it for my 1JZ and it works great. I don't know how much the bottom end will hold with Clevites, ARP and the girdle but I believe it will hold a lot. Any comments Dusty?

I don't consider myself a 1JZ expert sir. Robert here knows more about their abilities than I do...I'll see if he can post up in here.

Thanks,

Dusty

SupraForums Member
    Cool, thanks.

MVP Motorsports
    As far as the 1JZ power capabilities, with your upgrades it will be fairly strong but rods/pistons are a great addition to make the bottom end bulletproof!

Apologies on the late reply sir, my email crashed the day I was sent this notification.

Regards,
    Robert

Hey Dusty,

on the 2JZ how what kinda HP will this engine girdle hold?

SupraForums Member
    With a good tune, what do you think the 1JZ bottom end will hold with stock pistons and rods and with upgraded pistons and rods? Both setups using clevites, ARP and the girdle.

Dusty & Robert are at the meet and will be back Monday, they will be able to answer your tech queries.

Regards,

Kevin
    Kevin Calvert

Director of Operations

MVP Motorsports Inc.

Kevin@MVPMotorsports.com

940-683-8282

'10 Pearl White GTR
    Cobb 3" SF Intake, Cobb AP w/TCM custom tune by Ben Linney, MVP 4" Exhaust/Y-Pipe & Downpipes, TiAL QR , DBA Rotors, Brembo RT Pads, ID1000, AEM 320lp/h E85 Pumps

Quote Originally Posted by Moore Automotive Inc. View Post
    Hey Dusty,

on the 2JZ how what kinda HP will this engine girdle hold?

We already have it running in engines making over 1400 just that I know of. The girdle will not be your limit.

Thanks,

Dusty

MVP Motorsports
    In stock form we typically will not push a 1J past 450-500. Fully built bottom end and the girdle kit the bottom end will be strong enough for atleast 1000 if you so desired to go that high.

Regards,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert@MVP View Post
    In stock form we typically will not push a 1J past 450-500. Fully built bottom end and the girdle kit the bottom end will be strong enough for atleast 1000 if you so desired to go that high.

Regards,
    Robert
    The 1J bottom end is virtually identical to a 2J, just with a much shorter stroke. You're leaving a lot on the table if you think it's unsafe past 450.
    Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.

C. S. Lewis

MVP Motorsports
    That is 100% correct sir. Here at MVP we do not shoot for making big power when doing customers vehicles. We go for max reliability/longevity. Would you rather make 650rwhp for 12 months or 450-500rwhp for years? It's not that it can't handle power past those levels by any means but like most of us here at MVP we prefer the car be safe and last as long as possible. Even on 2JZ-GTE engines I know Dusty typically recommends internal work after 600rwhp when most of us have seen numerous people break 800 on stock bottom end. All about having a reliable performance car while making great respectable power.

Regards,
    Robert

SupraForums Member
    Cool. My 1JZ has Carillo rods, CP pistons, clevites, L19 hardware and girdle. Clearances were set on the larger side to compensate for thermal expansion. What do you think my power level should be?

MVP Motorsports
    It's very hard to guess what kind of power will be made. A lot of factors will come into play, fuel setup, turbo setup, boost level, target AFR's, timing, tuning software/tuning and so on and so forth.

Regards,
    Robert

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by V8 Killer View Post
    We already have it running in engines making over 1400 just that I know of. The girdle will not be your limit.

Thanks,

Dusty
    1400 ! with stock main caps ???

Quote Originally Posted by Dan 16s View Post
    1400 ! with stock main caps ???

Correct sir.

Again: A girdle and billet mains accomplish the SAME EXACT THING. You don't need both, its a waste of money. You need one or the other.

Billet mains:
    $650 + $700 to line hone + $129 for APR Main studs = $1,479 total cost.

Girdle:
    $750 including ARP main studs + $0 for line hone = $750 total cost.

Can you please explain to me how this works as well as billet mains? From all the research I have done(alot on yellowbullet) it seems as if most just say that a girdle on an iron block is useless. Do you have any documented customers using this without any issues? I would love to go with this instead of billet mains, but I would need proof before dropping $750 on something undocumented or proven.
    Thanks,
    Jason
    1994 Red/Black TT Auto
    86K miles
    Roller...

MVP Motorsports
    Quote Originally Posted by IBoughtASupra View Post
    I was just asking in my lost above how much you think my setup will be able to hold. I understand the fuel and turbo will be my limiting factors. My question was not how much power was it going to make but how much do you think it would hold?
    With a completely built bottom end as well as this girdle the bottom end will be able to withstand over 1000hp with ease.

Regards,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    Can you please explain to me how this works as well as billet mains? From all the research I have done(alot on yellowbullet) it seems as if most just say that a girdle on an iron block is useless. Do you have any documented customers using this without any issues? I would love to go with this instead of billet mains, but I would need proof before dropping $750 on something undocumented or proven.
    Thanks,
    Jason

Jason,

You may already know most of what I'm about to write, so forgive me if you do. This explanation is for everyone.

The point of billet mains is to have a main cap that is stronger than the stock main cap. You need, in theory, a stronger main cap because at high HP / high RPM the caps take a beating. This beating is an uneven beating, meaning at any given time 1-2 caps are being hit harder and taking on more stress than the other caps/webs. Billet mains are a tougher material and absorb this individual beating better/longer than OEM caps.

The point of a girdle is to reduce the stress on individual main caps, and evenly distribute it over all the caps. A girdle ties the main caps together and make them part of a team. This puts less stress on each cap/web, thus negating the need for stronger caps.

Some people actually use both. I find that to be overkill, as I have never seen a 2JZ block grenade on a main cap issue that had either billet mains or a girdle. Not saying it couldn't happen, sure it COULD. Then again I could get struck by lightning today.

Regarding people that are using the girdle:
    No one has stated any issues to me what-so-ever, minus one customer had a fitment issue with his oil pan. No customer has killed his motor using the girdle.
    I have 2 customers in the Middle East making very high HP, one is running an 88mm turbo and the other a 91mm and is in the process of upgrading to a 94mm.
    I use the girdle on my Supra but I'm making only 1100rwhp.
    Ross Baird / Dynosaur Performance is using the girdle on their white Supra which has ran 8.3 multiple times.

Thanks,

Dusty

Thanks for the reply Dusty, very descriptive and informative. I tried to look at it on the website but firefox is saying that MVPmotorsports is an attack site....dont know whats going on there. If its not already there, you should add what you just wrote in response as it is very informative and will help others with questions.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    Thanks for the reply Dusty, very descriptive and informative. I tried to look at it on the website but firefox is saying that MVPmotorsports is an attack site....dont know whats going on there. If its not already there, you should add what you just wrote in response as it is very informative and will help others with questions.

Jason

No problem Jason. I will add the description in so its more clear to people.

Regarding the attack site issue/error on MVP's website, there's already a thread here on SF about it. Its an issue that is being resolved today, and no, MVP's website is not an attack site and poses no threat what-so-ever. Thanks Google...

Dusty

SupraForums Member
    What is the torque of tightening on the ARP bolts ???
    I have no instructions...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast