Supra Forums banner

How to change and bleed your coolant

24K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  suprarookie 
#1 · (Edited)
Im changing my water pump tomorrow. Wanted to check out on how to properally burp or bleed the coolant lines for these cars. Searched this forum, couldnt find a guide on here so I thought I would share this one. Also shows you how to check/replace thermostat. Lots of photos.

http://mkiiisupra.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=13619&highlight=guide+coolant

Water pump components: http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK2/manual.aspx?S=CO&P=3

key words: Coolant replacement, bleed coolant, burp coolant, Change coolant, how to clean radiator, how to clean rad, how to drain rad, how to flush rad, how to flush radiator, flush coolant, thermostat, stat, how to replace thermostat, how to test thermostat, how to check thermostat, how to test thermostat at home, bubbling noise, bubble sound behind firewall, bubble sound, bubble sound while running, engine block coolant drain plug location, block coolant drain location, coolant drain plug locations, heater matrix, coolant drain plug photo, coolant drain plug pic, how to change coolant, how to bleed coolant, water pump components, water pump, how to replace water pump, water pump parts

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Burping is out. Go buy a Prestone "Flush Kit" and mount the tee at the highest heater hose up on your firewall. Remove your radiator cap, connect a hose to the new tee, turn your heater on wide open, run the car and start filling through the tee slowly. Air will burp out of the radiator, then when water/coolant flows continually, put the cap on, finish filling until the tee overflows, turn off the car and hose. Place the cap on the tee and you're good to go. This will eliminate all air in your system. You just leave the tee inline with the cap on it.

#3 ·
Burping is out. Go buy a Prestone "Flush Kit" and mount the tee at the highest heater hose up on your firewall. Remove your radiator cap, connect a hose to the new tee, turn your heater on wide open, run the car and start filling through the tee slowly. Air will burp out of the radiator, then when water/coolant flows continually, put the cap on, finish filling until the tee overflows, turn off the car and hose. Place the cap on the tee and you're good to go. This will eliminate all air in your system. You just leave the tee inline with the cap on it.
That won't work with mine. They make one with A&N fittings? LOL

#6 ·
I bought a kit off of a snap-on truck a few years back, quite nice considering it was $30. it contains all the different cap styles and adaptors along with a resevoir funnel that secures into the caps. Cold start the engine and only run it until the thermo opens and it burps itself for the most part.

#13 ·
You know the cooling system if functioning properly, will burp all the air out by itself right? :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.