remote power and power antenna harness question for my pioneer head unit

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: remote power and power antenna harness question for my pioneer head unit

Brevity is our fortune...

remote power and power antenna harness question for my pioneer head unit

I have Pioneer DEH6300UB head unit, the harness for the pioneer has a "System Remote Control" blue/white wire which in the manual says "Connect to system control terminal of the power am or auto-antenna relay control terminal".

My question is that with the TWH-14 harness recommended on this forum do I connect both the Power Antenna (blue) and Amp Turn ON (blue white stripe) to this "System remote control" wire or just one of these?

Thank You.
    '97 Supra TT MT - 6265, Cast Manifold, 3", QSV, Pro-Efi
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead. "

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Yes for pioneer setups ur forced to wire both blue and blue/white wires to this blue/white wire from the pioneer deck. But beware, on the factory system, everytime you turn on your radio now the antenna will also rise. (sends +12V to this wire to turn on your amps/power antenna when radio is on).

To prevent this, since 1 wire controls both amp on and power antenna, you need to cut the "power antenna" wire on the aftermarket harness and use hook up wires on both ends to a switch somewhere easily accessible in the car (so when the radio is on, you can flip the switch on an off to raise or lower the antenna when you want).

Hope this helps!

-Calvin
    Last edited by flightz71; 04-28-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    1998 Toyota Supra Turbo 6-spd Super White/Black

Quote Originally Posted by flightz71 View Post
    Yes for pioneer setups ur forced to wire both blue and blue/white wires to this blue/white wire from the pioneer deck. But beware, on the factory system, everytime you turn on your radio now the antenna will also rise. (sends +12V to this wire to turn on your amps/power antenna when radio is on).

To prevent this, since 1 wire controls both amp on and power antenna, you need to cut the "power antenna" wire on the aftermarket harness and use hook up wires on both ends to a switch somewhere easily accessible in the car (so when the radio is on, you can flip the switch on an off to raise or lower the antenna when you want).

Hope this helps!

-Calvin

Yes, thanks Calvin, I'll check out radio shack for a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by flightz71 View Post

Hope this helps!

-Calvin

Is the illumination wire used at all with a pioneer?

SupraForums Member
    Yes, tap it @ the clock harness (it's not on the Supra harness cause I don't think factory radio has illumination).

+ Reply to Thread