Supra Forums banner

How to tell if Oil is going to turbo?

13K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Beau 
#1 ·
How can i tell if my turbo is getting oil?

#2 ·
Pull off the oil feed line and put it in a clear bottle then pull the EFI relay in the fuse box and have someone crank over the car a few times. Your oil line should spit out a bunch of oil if it's properly feeding.

#7 ·
^^^huh??? ok?

anyhow,i bet the smoke/burning you are seeing is either from a low quality blanket or from assembly and oil on your hands. take the blanket off and run like that for a bit, itll burn off surface crap quickly and if it doesnt smoke, its the blanket, i have owned shitty ones that do

#8 ·
can't be low quality...ordered straight from MVP! The turbo seems to get really, really hot...much hotter than before i put the cams in. I realize it will get VERY hot...but the smoke makes me worried. No leaks from anywhere i can see. The turbo has been rebuilt and the return line is good to go.

#9 ·
Rebuilt turbo huh? Oil seal maybe. Unless it was a brand new cartridge I would never trust a rebuilt turbo. I have wasted my time in the past with those and have learned the hard way they are not worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.