How Much Horsepower the Stock 2JZGTE Longblock can ACtUALLY HANDLE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How Much Horsepower the Stock 2JZGTE Longblock can ACtUALLY HANDLE

Banned

How Much Horsepower the Stock 2JZGTE Longblock can ACtUALLY HANDLE

I'm sure there is a thread on here somewhere but none up to date... Starting my winter build and before i go fully built i want to test the stock long block out for power.. My moor has 150k and has never been opened...

Just curious what numbers you guys laid on STOCK LONGBLOCK, how long it lasted, what boost was ran and turbo setup...

Im running a 4508R setup, gonna go hypertune, or SP intake manifold, than supporting mods from there ( Fueling, EMS, ETC ) But on basic longblock, wanna know how far i can push it and appx how long it would last.. Obviously every engines differnet, but for the most part there relatively the same...

Thanks Guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member grandporschegt's Avatar

btw stock long block 125k been 67mm since 55k stock fuel till 116k then kill ever since
    Last edited by grandporschegt; 11-20-2011 at 12:02 PM.

97 6mt sp 67mm .81 A/R fuelab e85 fuel system. pro efi powered! 757 rwhp 721 rwtq tuned by Larry @ SOUND PERFORMANCE
    10.82 @ 134.9 on dr's 187.8 mph texas mile march 2011(old set up) 11.0@ 139.7 on 18's (pro efi)
    "what's with all this 'low boost, 'high' boost, 'part' boost talk? whenever i drive my car i'm on 'whatever-this-motherfucker-will-make' boost!"

several people made 1000whp on the stock bottom end, dont expect it to last long at all though.

Banned
    Especially with that many miles on the block...

SupraForums Member
    It totally depends on the tune your using. If you have a great tune with a smooth power band, you should be able to run a conservative 550hp for daily driving, and 750hp for track days. I wouldn't recommend running much more on an engine with higher mileage.

SupraForums Member
    rebuild is a must with the miles you have. better to be safe than sorry.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by choua01 View Post
    rebuild is a must with the miles you have. better to be safe than sorry.
    Car has never seen more stock psi... I am sure it was beaten as any supra for the most part is beaten, just the nature... Ive had the car for a few months and havent really gotten on it yet, as there is no real reason, there turds stock lol and i appreciate the car for its being... time has come to build it... my goals are to have a streetable track car, or i guess you could say trackable street car... I am only going to race it on the track on grudge races ( every friday night )... other than that it will be a street machine... My over all goal was to make 1150whp on E85... I know i will not get close to that unless going FB, nd all the headwork to follow... But on the street or even track 6--800hp is a good number.. so i was thinknig if i could get 850whp on stock motor for a season, id be happy... It blows it blows than i can build it... Or should i just initially build it and it be once and done? Im second guessing myself really.. I still have to do the 6 speed swap and all this winter, and works been slow lately thats only reason im second guessing gonig fully built out of the gate... I am the kind of guy who wont bring a car out unless its perfect or absolutely insane, as first impressions are key... Ugh

Banned
    Dude just buy my car. lol Made over 1000whp on E85 at only 32 pounds. It was built to be a street monster. 6 speed car.

Banned
    Whats your car? I may have to take you up on that...i always build my cars through my shop, gets my good bussiness etc, Ive built every car ive owned, i am always skeptical on buying built cars, due to the price, plus you dont know what all they did if they took shortcuts or not, than you get a problem u cannot fix etc... Just stupid shit.. PM the info etc though. If i like it ill have to sell my car :O

U are sure... well use the search button ... 800hp is the safe number for a stock long block... as for not being up todate? how the hell would it change? The parts are the same...
    MKIV Parts for sale ....
    http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...-Greddy-intake

If you can READ this thank a teacher. If its in ENGLISH thank a VETERAN.

Banned
    Different EMS, Different Fueling ( E85 ), has impact on engine life, Parts now differ from parts 5 years ago, 8 years ago, even 2 years ago, always more engineered, material, grade, weight.. Everything comes into play when building an engine... But as far as the stock block part, It does highly depend on your tune, therefore your EMS, and Fueling...

Banned
    But I think im gonig to buy a shortblock, to build until this motor goes.. so real question is, what give out first normally... The Rods bend ? or what? I have had a car in the past destroy a valve, than it made its way into the turbo destroying my turbo.. Thats my bigest fear

SupraForums Member
    Its simple my rule is if your car pushing over 800whp it's a ticking time bomb.
    1994 - Supra - Pro EFI - BW 62mm - E85 - 670whp - Sold

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by natedawg View Post
    Its simple my rule is if your car pushing over 800whp it's a ticking time bomb.
    Totally agree.. The day my Supra made 750 WHP on the stock motor, I already had a fully built motor sitting in the shop fully prepped and ready...

But then I kicked myself for doing that too, because my stock motor lasted me a long time... I had over 1000 WHP for 2 years now and I am still on the same motor, and the car's lowest boost setting nets me 850 WHP right... In chronological order, my stock motor had 550 WHP for one year, 650 WHP for 3 mths, 750 WHP for another 3 mths, 900 WHP for a year, and 1000 WHP for 2 years. Total mileage under stress is about 22000 miles. It had way too many topspeed pulls on it, and frequent trips to 320 km/h.

As a result, I am now worried that my "built" motor has been sitting for so long in the shop, and all sort of warranty on the internals are bygones now... I did store it properly (coated with oil) and wrapped the shit out of it so it doesn't rust.

The common failures are pistons, and rod bearings. The rods themselves rarely bend unless something was really wrong with the setup. Quite often too, the factory tensioner fails, and the timing belt jumps and wipes out the motor too.

1444 WHP @ 40 PSI ATP GTX4508R Supra TT (Meet Car)
    1028 WHP @ 35 PSI GTX4202R Camry V6 3.3L (Summer Car)
    628 WHP @ 28 PSI GTX3582R Acura Integra Type-R (Spring/Fall Car)
    500 WHP @ 17.5 PSI GT3076R Lexus IS300 (Family Car)
    485 WHP @ 30 PSI ATP GTX3076R Lancer Evo IX (Winter Car)
    Dynamotorsports Tuning

SupraForums Member
    correct me if I am wrong, but the Supra engine is non interference, why would the timing belt breaking, destroy the motor??
    If the timing belt pops, line everything back up, throw a new belt on it and go.....
    The chance that someone is watching you is directly related to the STUPIDITY of your actions!

Quote Originally Posted by 94TTinAtl View Post
    correct me if I am wrong, but the Supra engine is non interference, why would the timing belt breaking, destroy the motor??
    If the timing belt pops, line everything back up, throw a new belt on it and go.....
    When you're making big power, I doubt you'll be on factory cams.

98 Toyota Supra Turbo - ProEFI Tuned by Alpha @ Induction Performance
    92 Toyota Supra Turbo
    90 Toyota Celica Alltrac

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 94TTinAtl View Post
    Good luck making 1000 WHP on stock cams... It will be an uphill battle, but it can be done though, don't get me wrong.

HKS 272 cams will already make the motor become interference

SupraForums Member
    AH ok. thanks didn't think about cams....

2JZ NA-T
    First of all, learn the difference between there, their and they're, im not a gramma nazzi but for fucks sake dude... learn some english, and this is coming from an immigrant.

Second of all, more engineering done? Seriously? you do realize that since their early revisions these engines use the same parts. You think toyota would go back and revise the material they use in the connecting rods because guys cant safely make 1000rwhp? Lol.

Third, I highly doubt you did any searching, just as I highly doubt you will be building a 1000rwhp 6 spd car. You said you never even gotten on it in the supra yet? have you ever owned a fast car? Maybe one you built through your shop?

Also, your biggest fear is dropping a valve and destroying a turbo??? Really? I think you should reconsider. Throwing a rod at your local friday night grudge race and spewing oil under your tires which consequently puts you into the wall (best case scenario) or into the other driver (worst case scenario) with insurance not covering a thing since you're at the track. But hey, i guess for some people $2000 worth of turbo is more important.

Im sorry to come off so harsh but I think you need a reality check, Ive seen a lot of people jump on here talking about doing this and doing that w/out really considering what all is involved and what it would take, and not doing any research.

With that said, the only problematic area i have heard of with the stock block at high hp is breaking rods. And no, not bending, you wont ever bend a rod under compression (considering you aren't an idiot and are firing at the correct degree btdc) you will always break the rod in tension as it travels over top dead center and start pulling down on the piston. Cheap solution to making reliable 800rwhp? Throw in 300$ worth of eagle rods. People talk shit about them all the time but the truth is i personally haven't seen one have a catastrophic failure at that torque level. And that brings me to the next point, people always ask the wrong question... its not HP that breaks things, its torque. You want power? build up the head and spin the motor to 9 grand, you'll make tons of power seeing how its nothing but the rate of work.
    1995 6spd Borg Warner NA-t

RGA-Photography
    www.rga-photography.com
    Flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rga-photography/

Omg there is so much incorrect info in this thread its silly. Some or you guys gave managed to not only not answer the guys question to ut give him such wronginfo lord knows what his finals conclusion here will be!

150k. No worse than 100k. His the car was treated means more than the miles.
    Hks 272 are non interferance cams
    AboveFab(supra fabrication)

Feel free to text me with any questions/tech/advice/info. Its quicker and more personal than pms and you are sure to get a quick response. 434-470-2700

Quote Originally Posted by Ravan17 View Post
    Third, I highly doubt you did any searching, just as I highly doubt you will be building a 1000rwhp 6 spd car. You said you never even gotten on it in the supra yet? have you ever owned a fast car? Maybe one you built through your shop?
    Despite being just 21 last car made, an 03 Cobra made somewhere in the neighborhood of 7xx whp. The supra is the replacement, and at bpu level, it naturally being a few hundred hp less, it felt extremely slow, hence the reason why he rarely got on it.

He has had other decently quick cars from modded Lightnings, to STi's etc, and he has been racing since elementary school. Currently he is installing a Boost Logic GT45 kit on the car with CCW drag wheels, just working on odds and ends, then on to fuel, EMS, 6 speed swap, cage, etc.

While drag cars aren't my thing, at least it wont be a garage/dyno queen.
    Last edited by Hurrakaine; 11-20-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    1997 RSP/Black Bpu 6 speed
    1997 Black Auto TT BPU #1
    1997 Black Auto TT BPU #2

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravan17 View Post
    With that said, the only problematic area i have heard of with the stock block at high hp is breaking rods. And no, not bending, you wont ever bend a rod under compression (considering you aren't an idiot and are firing at the correct degree btdc) you will always break the rod in tension as it travels over top dead center and start pulling down on the piston
    guy on here a while back pulled his motor down to see how it was holding up at (from memory) at ~800hp, rods were bent, not broken. although i'd imagine he caught it in a pretty short window, i beleive it is rods that are the issue also.

but as ^ he said, it doesnt sound like you're REALLY aware of just whats involved in making that sort of hp

SupraForums Member
    stock short block, stock head, hks 272's. 32 psi, th350, 852 rwhp

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurrakaine View Post
    ... He has had other decently quick cars from modded Lightnings, to STi's etc, and he has been racing since elementary school...
    No one should allow racing in elementary school.

And fwiw, I bent stock rods and spun a bearing at approx 800 whp. Builder was unable to deduce exactly why when he tore it apart (no other signs of uncontrolled combustion, etc...).

Craig
    Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else. Whenever somebody receives something without working for it, somebody else has to work for it without receiving. The worst thing that can happen to a nation is for half of the people to get the idea they don't have to work because somebody else will work for them, and the other half to get the idea that it does no good to work because they don't get to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
    - Adrian Rogers

2JZ NA-T
    Point very well made, however, the rods probably bent after being weakened during the stretching. All metals are much weaker in tension than they are in compression, hence why every metal is tested for their Tensile strength. Guess I worded it wrong.

My other points still stand, regardless of a previous garage list. Sorry, but over time as these threads come and go the guys that have been on here for a while get more towards the "when i see it i'll believe it" mentality, especially with the younger crowd. Im not old, but I was tehre, and i made up my magical parts lists but then came across reality. Just sayin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast