PHR 4" Complete Titanium Exhaust for Supra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: PHR 4" Complete Titanium Exhaust for Supra

PHR 4" Complete Titanium Exhaust for Supra

We have been testing the waters to see what demand could be on an item like this. We are close to pulling the trigger but the cost will be close to $2000 on a complete titanium cat back exhaust for the Supra. This will be fabricated in house using a muffler assembled and welded in house also out of titanium that is 5".

We are trying to get it around the $1800 mark but material cost will depend on that.

Please post all feedback on this and what interest you might have.

No pictures currently.

Thanks,
    Joe

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

I have only one question why is this going to cost 400.00 more (roughly) then the garage Whifbitz 4 inch Ti exhaust? Not trying to start a fire either Joe just wondering that is all sir. Also I think people would buy it if the exhaust was not only functional, but had some style to it. Most American exhausts perform amazingly, but aren’t exactly the best to look at ETS, BL, etc. Is there a way to maybe make them look more like our Japanese friends HKS, GReddy, AMUSE etc. (meaning the muffler have a little more stylish design to it.

Ryan,
    "The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten"

Daily driver: 2010 ACURA TSX
    Weekend Warrior: 95 Alpine Silver N/A targa top 5 speed

Personally, the overall exhaust notes are one of my major determining factors in a quality exhaust.
    1993 White 6spd Hardtop 1 of 21
    1997 White Lexus Sc300.

-Sam

Quote Originally Posted by rscott22 View Post
    I have only one question why is this going to cost 400.00 more (roughly) then the garage Whifbitz 4 inch Ti exhaust? Not trying to start a fire either Joe just wondering that is all sir. Also I think people would buy it if the exhaust was not only functional, but had some style to it. Most American exhausts perform amazingly, but aren’t exactly the best to look at ETS, BL, etc. Is there a way to maybe make them look more like our Japanese friends HKS, GReddy, AMUSE etc. (meaning the muffler have a little more stylish design to it.

Ryan,
    I personally only know the quality factor of the Amuse. Never heard (sound wise) or seen the ETS / Whifbitz Exhaust so cant critique them but when calculating material, labor and time to actually roll the muffler, build the inner baffling and sound deadening inside. Its going to be based on what all we have into it. Im just throwing out a figure to see if there's interest. We will want to be competitive to some degree but in other ways we will have a product unique in itself and if we feel the product is worth selling and can get it to the retail customer at the best value possible for what you are getting.

We will have the burnt coloration finish like amuse pending how aggressive you want it. Our target is to have something that has the clean jdm feel as amuse would.

People don't have a problem paying for amuse which before the currency change was $2600 because its Amuse and the quality is nice. I don't feel that someone wont pay 2k for ours if the quality is there. Which we will always make sure of or just not sell it.

PHR has a name for having some of the nicest products for the Supra and will always carry that weight and push it to the next level of perfection.

Boost logic Turbo kit is cheaper than PHR but we feel, with the extra items and quality you get in our kit and not on a smaller budget and want higher quality then that's what our kit is here for.

Our products aren't for everyone but we try to put it in a price point that at least for the quality difference you can justify spending the extra coin to get the next step up!

Thanks,
    Joe
    Last edited by Powerhouse Racing; 12-20-2011 at 01:49 PM.

what about creating a replacement for the steel pipe on the HKS Ti cat back system?

Blog Entries

Joe,

This is the Garage Whifbitz 4 inch exhaust, which appears to be an exact copy of the HKS ti, only in complete Titanium instead of the stainless exhaust piping. MVP has it for $1427.00 plus $225.00 shipping. The Whifbitz exhaust is pretty nice. I've had pretty much every 4 inch exhaust made for the Supra and the sound of the HKS ti can't be beat. That is probably the most important part, that and the overall quality.

Steve

1993.5 Anthracite 6 SPD // PRO EFI // PTE6766 // 3-Row // E-85 Fuel Sys // PHR I/M // GSC // CP 10/1 motor // Manley // RPS C/C // CCW C14 // Brembo BBK // TRD LSD

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nateTT View Post
    what about creating a replacement for the steel pipe on the HKS Ti cat back system?

Joe,

Is this an option?

SupraForums Member
    There is a reason why "Black Friday" do so well. More supra owners will pay for a great product if they believe they are getting it at a great price. There will be a much better profit margine if more people buy the product vice selling only a small number to a slect few owners. Notice how fast use parts are sold on here because of the reduction in price.
    1995 6 speed | PTE 6466 | pump 93-19psi / E80-31psi | FIC 2150 | 280 cams | Titan cam gears | (2) Walbro 400lph | 315X35X17 Toyo R888 on CCW | AEM-V2 Flex-Fuel tuned by Alpha | HPF Feramic single disk | HKS DLI | 4in exhaust
    2001 Honda Prelude (Turbo)/ 490 WHP

If the quality is there and the sound is close to the hks ti I would buy one.

SupraForums Member roadtalontsi's Avatar
    You've been coming out with some great new products lately. From a simple cost stand point im sure a few would buy, but most wouldnt. I know your quality is top notch but to me 2k$ for a slightly lighter/rare version of something i can get for 1/2 the cost and does its job the same is pointless. Sure if I was some crazy loaded lotto winner or a doctor id buy it. I think making subframe-connectors/under car bracing would be a project with better returns. Include some sort of option to put flat panels on bottom the car for better aerodynamics. no point in using titanium for the bracing though.

Since you seem to like your titanium lately... how about a titanium turbo inlet/intake pipe, with some nice blueing from heat ? thatd be a lot cheaper material and labor wise. Not to mention in plain site when the hood is popped so show car people would go for it as well. Id be down for one of those.
    Last edited by roadtalontsi; 12-20-2011 at 08:01 PM.
    93' 6spd 60mm -487whp & 431wtq 18psi & 93* self tuned
    10' C63amg Weistec stage 2 538whp 534wtq
    02' Trans am ws6
    94' rx7

Quote Originally Posted by JoeatPHR View Post
    I personally only know the quality factor of the Amuse. Never heard (sound wise) or seen the ETS / Whifbitz Exhaust so cant critique them but when calculating material, labor and time to actually roll the muffler, build the inner baffling and sound deadening inside. Its going to be based on what all we have into it. Im just throwing out a figure to see if there's interest. We will want to be competitive to some degree but in other ways we will have a product unique in itself and if we feel the product is worth selling and can get it to the retail customer at the best value possible for what you are getting.

We will have the burnt coloration finish like amuse pending how aggressive you want it. Our target is to have something that has the clean jdm feel as amuse would.

People don't have a problem paying for amuse which before the currency change was $2600 because its Amuse and the quality is nice. I don't feel that someone wont pay 2k for ours if the quality is there. Which we will always make sure of or just not sell it.

PHR has a name for having some of the nicest products for the Supra and will always carry that weight and push it to the next level of perfection.

Boost logic Turbo kit is cheaper than PHR but we feel, with the extra items and quality you get in our kit and not on a smaller budget and want higher quality then that's what our kit is here for.

Our products aren't for everyone but we try to put it in a price point that at least for the quality difference you can justify spending the extra coin to get the next step up!

Thanks,
    Joe
    Thank you Joe for the detailed explanation sir!

Since you're asking for feedback, I'd buy one in the $1400 range, but probably not if it was $1800 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinCT View Post
    Since you're asking for feedback, I'd buy one in the $1400 range, but probably not if it was $1800 or more.
    Agreed I would still buy one if it was below the 1800 mark. I just purchased a HKS carbon TI a few months back and was kinda dissapointed in the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by rm64 View Post
    Joe,

Is this an option?
    Very well could be!

Price on the pipe would still be $800 - 1000 pending what hardware, hangers etc it came with but then again we can probably reuse the hangers HKS came with less the bracket that is welded to the exhaust of course.

Thanks,
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by rscott22 View Post
    Agreed I would still buy one if it was below the 1800 mark. I just purchased a HKS carbon TI a few months back and was kinda dissapointed in the quality.

ok gives me an idea of where we need to be!! thanks

Joe~

Quote Originally Posted by roadtalontsi View Post
    You've been coming out with some great new products lately. From a simple cost stand point im sure a few would buy, but most wouldnt. I know your quality is top notch but to me 2k$ for a slightly lighter/rare version of something i can get for 1/2 the cost and does its job the same is pointless. Sure if I was some crazy loaded lotto winner or a doctor id buy it. I think making subframe-connectors/under car bracing would be a project with better returns. Include some sort of option to put flat panels on bottom the car for better aerodynamics. no point in using titanium for the bracing though.

Since you seem to like your titanium lately... how about a titanium turbo inlet/intake pipe, with some nice blueing from heat ? thatd be a lot cheaper material and labor wise. Not to mention in plain site when the hood is popped so show car people would go for it as well. Id be down for one of those.
    Intakes aren't a bad idea. Let me check into that.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtalontsi View Post

I think you have some good ideas here. I would consider buying a 4 inch titanium intake as well, it would compliment the new PHR titanium upper radiator pipe very well. Even consider selling both together as a package deal? Thats something I myself would highly consider. the Supra community I think also needs an alternative to the Do-Luck bar. The one that supposedly keeps the car more ridgid with the Targa off. This seems like a relatively low cost product to manufacture, and I know for a fact there is alot of interest in it.
    1993.5 Ren Red TT 6spd targa
    PTE6766 on RPS manifold , AEM V1, Tuned by Alex @ GSD

SF Contributing Member
    I would be down for 4 inch titanium piping for my HKS Ti.

I second the 4 inch intake pipe!
    1997 Black/Tan Anniversary Editon. 67k miles 6 speed
    High Compression 3.0, CP 10.5.1 pistons High temp coated, Carillo HD rods, Billet Titan Mains, L19 Head studs, clevite bearing, Precision GT42 76/75 1.12 Billet Single Turbo, 272 HKS Cams with Dual Ferrera Springs and valves, Pro-EFI ECU, Calvo Mortorsports Header with twin recirculated 38mm waste gates, Calvo motorsports 4 inch DP and midpipe, 4-Row ETS intercooler, CCW LM20's 18x10 front and 17x11.5 rear, Toyo 888's to put the power down, HKS Titanium 4 inch, HKS BOV, Tein coilovers, RPS Dual Carbon Clutch, Nitrous Express kit
    1022 whp
    Built by Serious HP
    Calvo motorsports Turbo Kit

Yeah im diggin the intake/upper rad pipe idea. Possibly even a Ti water neck as well. All matching complete w/ burnt finish. Ive seen lots of great engine bays lately with many innovative ideas and Ti would b nothinig short of that. Keep up the fast pace PHR!!
    **1994 RR MKIV TT E85**- BOOSTLOGIC Single kit PTE67dbb - BN OEM Short Block from MVP - FIC 1250cc. Inj, Double Denso's, Fuel Rail, Aeromotive Reg. - RPS/Fidanza Clutch -Greddy 3 row - Tial Q-Series BOV, Tial Wastegate - MapECU2 (4sale for standalone) - Yoko/ADVAN VS5 Custom Black 17x9 18x9.5 - Bilstein/Eibach Susp. - Mild Headwork, BC Springs/Retainers, EGR block off- Custom Vented Catch can - Titan Cam Gears - PHR solid motor mounts - Custom Vband 4" Turbo back Exhaust to a Burns...Etc

**1991 Honda CRX Si Blurple** B18a1 LS
    **2003 Chevy 1500 Blue** Tow Rig

SF Contributing Member SupraTTR's Avatar
    The intake pipe is a good idea!

SupraForums Member roadtalontsi's Avatar
    discount for my suggestion? haha . hopefully tax return will be big and fat so i can pick up your intake manifold

Yeah I third the Intake pipe & the Titanium Exhaust id pay $1800 for JDM style.........

greddy 4row intercooler pipes? heat shields?

I'd pay 1800 for quality not JDM style could care less about JDM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast